Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:30 pm

Here is my small collection of large top-quality insects by Safari Ltd.
It consists of:
Smithsonian:
Stag Beetle, bumblebee set, luna moth, morpho butterfly, lubber grasshopper, and leaf insect
Hidden Kingdom: Praying Mantis and green darner dragonfly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 pm

These insects are spectacular. Shocked So nice that you have many of them. Very Happy
Do you know the complete list of Smithsonian Giant Insects? We are trying to complete the list on Toy Animal Wiki and we have still many doubts. If you want to have look of what is already done, * click here * Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 pm

They are FANTASTIC cheers Applause Applause 

weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Roger, the list is not completely correct. First, the rock scorpion is not from the Smithsonian collection. the "luna moth caterpillar" is actually a monarch butterfly caterpillar. also the jumping spider pictured is from the hidden kingdom collection. also there is a Smithsonian flea. I think the rest of the list is accurate. Very Happy 

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:47 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
Roger, the list is not completely correct. First, the rock scorpion is not from the Smithsonian collection. the "luna moth caterpillar" is actually a monarch butterfly caterpillar. also the jumping spider pictured is from the hidden kingdom collection. also there is a Smithsonian flea. I think the rest of the list is accurate. Very Happy 
Thanks Lance! Very Happy
I fixed it, without catalogues it is very hard to find accurate information. This line is not easy also to find online once it is long retired.
Now, maybe, there is no luna moth caterpillar and the flea should take its place. scratch Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:40 am

Very nice figurines:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Actually, the Hidden Kingdom Collection WAS the Smithsonian Collection.  Below are pix from the 1998 catalog.  Sorry they're rough - taken with a cellphone because I don't have time to scan them in right now.  Later additions to the collection were the Jumping Spider, Flea, and Black Widow, all of which were introduced when the collection was still under the guidance of the Smithsonian and all maintained the 2:1 scale.  Later, when no longer associated with the Smithsonian, things like bendable legs and whatnot were added.

Without further ado, the 1998 catalog:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Nice catalogue too cheers cheers 

Can you please share this also in the Safari Ltd catalogue thread again Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
Actually, the Hidden Kingdom Collection WAS the Smithsonian Collection.  Below are pix from the 1998 catalog.  Sorry they're rough - taken with a cellphone because I don't have time to scan them in right now.  Later additions to the collection were the Jumping Spider, Flea, and Black Widow, all of which were introduced when the collection was still under the guidance of the Smithsonian and all maintained the 2:1 scale.  Later, when no longer associated with the Smithsonian, things like bendable legs and whatnot were added.

Without further ado, the 1998 catalog:
Chad, that is very interesting! Very Happy Studying Safari collections is a pure exercise of Paleonthology, it is excelent that you've found some time to share one of the fossils with us. cheers

widukind wrote:
Nice catalogue too cheers cheers 

Can you please share this also in the Safari Ltd catalogue thread again Very Happy 
I'll do it myself to save Chad's free time. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:24 am

Okay:-)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom   My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom Empty

Back to top Go down

My Safari High Quality Insect Collection includes Smithsonian and Hidden Kingdom
Page 1 of 1