Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!

Go down 
+32
Songbird
NightLioness
Anne from Norway
Bongo
Tupolew Tu-154
*Valencia Stables*
Midnight wolf stables
Kikimalou
Bonobo
JonasV
Elros Alvar
sortepletter
ulinuk
GalaxyMeow
Shardur
Numa
Titwen
schleich61
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
Silver Unicornis
LeeAnn
SyLoBe
Katty
AlienMantis
Ponylover2606
Carola
Sumo
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
TheSpottedCat
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! Empty
PostSubject: Quarterhorse mare and andalusian mare comparison   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:34 pm

These two looks rather alike each other. But if one really look at them you see they pretty much just have the same pose and are very different from each other. Just wanted to share it. And it might be someone looking for good pictures of these two models anyway :)
The andalusian mare was together with the newest arabian stallion the first two horses I bought for my collection one my own.

Quarterhorse mare # 13251 from 2000
Andalusian mare # 13668 from 2009

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Nice horses, congrate

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:49 pm

WOW! I never, ever thought about that ! Shocked

FANTASTI ! It is like the just put a bit more hair on the new mare, - and shoes !
I wonder if that is actually what they did scratch

Very well seen, and thankyou very much for sharing bounce Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:38 pm

That is very interesting! Very Happy After watching your great pictures, I am sure Schleich reused the mould of the Quarter mare to make the Andalusian mare. study
Moulds can be updated and it is much cheaper than make completely new moulds.
So see, Quarter mare was available until the end of 2008, in 2009 she was not anymore in catalogue but there was already an Andalusian stallion in horses range. This year, 2009, is marked on Andalusian mare, this is her year of production and in 2010 she was in catalogue. Everything makes sense. Very Happy
I think you are very observant once there are a lot of different details and it is not expected at all that a brand uses the mould of a Quarter to make an Andalusian. Very Happy
Papo does it almost in a scandalous way and Mojo already updated some figures reusing previous moulds. But in those cases it was to remake the same animal or breed.
It won't surprise me that, after Andalusian retirement, Schleich uses again this mold to make a Lusitano mare. Both breeds are identical. Thanks for sharing such an interesting topic. flower

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Great pics, it's really helpful to be able to see these side by side. This makes it very clear the Andy mare is based on a lightly customized and retextured QH, as opposed to a new mold that just happens to be the exact same pose.

Apropos nothing, another pet peeve of mine. They haven't even tried to make her resemble an Andalusian! Apart from the typical Iberian profile, one of the easiest ways of recognizing a PRE/PSL mare is the hairdo. Broodmares (and youngstock of either gender) are shown with hogged manes and the dock of the tail shaved. This is done both to show off the shape of the head and neck and to keep the mane tangle free when horses graze in scrubland.
Personally, I love hogged manes and knotted tails on models. It draws attention to the horse's neck and hind legs, and allows you a better view of the animal's conformation than the overly hairy ones (Moody, I'm looking at you).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Sure there's some shady business going on here silent

Very good observation and interesting topic! I suppose we could make a lot of detective work... I think some of the Bayalas and knights does have horse mold variations... There must be more of this scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
TheSpottedCat

TheSpottedCat

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Thank you all for the appreciation. I always like these kind of topics even if I may not have much to say one my own.

Carola wrote:
Sure there's some shady business going on here silent

Very good observation and interesting topic! I suppose we could make a lot of detective work... I think some of the Bayalas and knights does have horse mold variations... There must be more of this scratch

There is always this ones. I have already said this in the topic about the new special white frisian. I don't own the bayala one to compare.
I have looked at the knights and bayala trying to compare them. It is just often look alikes, like Sera's horse and the tinker mare. Can't really say as I don't own more than one bayala horse.
Back to top Go down
Ponylover2606

Ponylover2606

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:49 am

And when you look at the palomino stallion and the knapstrupper stallion they look quite similar aswell.
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 pm

The haflinger mare 13606 and camargue mare 13711 are also closely related.

Of course there is unicorn rearing 70421 and rearing mustang stallion 13624.
Trotting unicorn 70432 and lippizaner gelding 13293,
tinker mare 13279 and bayala Sera 70402.
Camargue mare 13609 and przewalski's mare 13620 are also a bit suspicious.

Im only not completly sure, if there is relation between trakehner stute 13261 and Hanoverian stallion 13649 /Pegasus standing 70423 ?

And there is also something..interesting about Schleich Arabian foal grazing 13652 and MOJO FUN  arabian foal grazing 387073.

[edit] now, that im starting to see things (i have 82 Schleich horses)

3 same legs + roughly same size -
appaloosa stallion 13732 and sorrel mare 13253
pinto stallion 13616 and andalusian stallion  13607
hafling gelding 13280 and trained horse 13706
lipizzaner mare 13603 and tennessee walking horse stallion 13631

same butt except tail and veins -
akhal-teke mare  13701 and her husband akhal-teke stallion 13690

Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:19 am

[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]][/url]Also compare this model with the Quaterhorse and Andalusion.

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Some time ago I posted this:

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:47 am

SyLoBe wrote:
Some time ago I posted this:

I was slightly annoyed by this when I saw them come out... they could have changed the poses a little, no?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:13 am

Ha, ha, Schleich !
You can`t fool the experts of STS cheers 

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:33 pm

I thought I wanted to add this :)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:53 pm

Great catch Carola! I would have never noticed that.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Good observation, Carola !!!!!Applause 
Really ! Schleich ought to begin some product development !!!!!!What a Face 

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Great catch Carola! I would have never noticed that.
SUSANNE wrote:
Good observation, Carola !!!!!Applause 
Really ! Schleich ought to begin some product development !!!!!!What a Face 
Thank you, but actually AlienMantis mentioned these two already, I just provide the photo Wink 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks Carola for additional picture to Alienmantis comment. Very Happy No doubt also that the brand updated the Haflinger mould, it also shows, like it happened with the whale shark, that some Schleich figures keep in catalogue some years after production being stoped. It usually means that they're selling less than they expected, though, that is not a news.

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:23 pm

AlienMantis also mentions these two, as being slightly suspicious. In case Schleich can scale down things, it could be Rolling Eyes 
(also got me anexcuse to take photos of these two goegeous models Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:27 pm

It's possible, but I'm wondering if Schleich would go to that extent to resize the figure, add a new head... etc. scratch when they could just make a new model. But again, it's possible - I mean, the body is the same shape and all. Suspect 

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 3:53 pm

It could be also that their sculptor(s?) aren't capable of creating more interesting poses Razz After all, majority of Schleich horses is just standing.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
It could be also that their sculptor(s?) aren't capable of creating more interesting poses :PAfter all, majority of Schleich horses is just standing.
Likely to be the case Rolling Eyes Schleich do very little daring with their horse poses. The Lusitano is a good example of the opposite, but he does have major weird things in his anatomy I think. But he certainly get lots of credit for the pose, from me at least cheers 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
It could be also that their sculptor(s?) aren't capable of creating more interesting poses :PAfter all, majority of Schleich horses is just standing.
Laughing Completely true, unfortunately. Rolling Eyes 

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Carola wrote:
Mangalarga wrote:
The Lusitano is a good example of the opposite...
And 13216 fullblood! I love you He's running so fast he succeeds in racing right past me every time I try to catch him. No 

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Carola wrote:
Mangalarga wrote:
The Lusitano is a good example of the opposite...
And 13216 fullblood! I love you He's running so fast he succeeds in racing right past me every time I try to catch him. No 
Oh he yes absolutely Very Happy (Not in my collection though, so i didn't think of that model).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next