Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm

This is probably my most recent repaint job, one that I am quite pleased with.
This fellow was originally a poor, sad $1 plastic cheapo I picked up from Big W, one that joined my 'rubbish-bin rescue' pile of models. After the repaint job, I loved him so much I decided to keep him. I hope, in future, to use him as a model example of my Schleich repaint comissions.

Paint Overo Horse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Original $1 Plastic cheapie purchased. Generally not too bad build, but I don't particularly like those ears. At all.

In the studio with its brother... getting 'done up'. The second horse was originally going to be a palomino but is still a very disconcerting shade of flurescent.. yellow. More work to be done there.

This Overo has about 6 layers of colour, plus base/primer and details. Took about 1.5 hrs once the previous undercoats had dried.
- More piccies!

- One thing I really want to be able to do (as in, this is my biggest hobby) is to be able to do repaint commissions for people. The hardest problem is finding people who want it, especially in towns like mine. Fortunately, there's internet. But even on ebay there's not so much interest.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Wow, he looks great! When I saw the photos I thought immediately that he looks a lot like the Breyer #1446. And that's a good thing. Wink I can't wait to see his brother finished!

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:38 pm

What an incredibly lucky horse Shocked 

A real Cindarella - story : from being an absolutely nobody to being this beautyful Paint horse cheers cheers 

Thankyou for sharing the great pictures, how happy that horse looks while inspecting the beautyful new home Very Happy Very Happy 

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Great repaint! You definitely brought this guy some life and made him look great. Can't wait to see his brother finished.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:49 pm

You really made a fantastic horse out of that mold :O How big is he?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:21 pm

A nice repaint cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Lovely work!!! Congratulations! This horse is surely very lucky to get such pretty new coat :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 pm

oooh you did an amazing job!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:03 am

Thanks all for the great comments.
I can post more photos of size relation if you like. He is slightly bigger (and proportionally, too) than an average Schleich model.

His brother is still very much yellow and fluro. Hehe.

Working on sculptures atmo - so repaints on hold till the sculpts need painting (only so much room on my desk).
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:06 am

Size comparison - to Schleich model horse.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint   Today at 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down

Repaint - One Dollar Plastic Horse to Overo Paint
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1