Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Looking for help - customising big cat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RustyEyron

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Looking for help - customising big cat   Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:17 am

A little while back I posted this thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm thinking of redoing the black big cat. It's labelled underneath as a cheetah, so that's what I was planning to paint it as. This would be my first attempt as customising so I'm looking for some advice. Should I use paints or pastels and how exactly should I go about it?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help - customising big cat   Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:35 am

I paint my figures in acrylic paint then do the details like highlights and shadows in powder pastels. These are the ones that come in the bar and you scratch off the power with something like a knife. :)

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help - customising big cat   Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:15 am

I think I have seen that gazelle in a tub with other wild animals. They also have a dinosaur and farm animal tub--is it Animal Planet's product?

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help - customising big cat   Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Great little model!

I would suggest cleaning up the edges with a knife first, and then have a go with some acrylic. I always use at least 1 undercoat (plain colour) firts, and then work off that. Otherwise your base shade colour could be required again, and you loose all your hard work.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help - customising big cat   Today at 7:07 am

Back to top Go down

Looking for help - customising big cat
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: