Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2014!

Go down 
+61
animalz
NandO
LeeAnn
princesslion
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
JonasV
jesman00
apichartu
sphyrna18
posttenebraslux
SommoDracorex
SeanieP
MartinH
donny ong
pm64
Wildheart
Geospiza fortis
ulinuk
signatus
Duck-Anch-Amun
Lucas L8
A-J
HKHollinstone
ze_neto
Defteros
skysthelimit
Silver Unicornis
jarda
Joan Milelire
Deseo
scot(t)
krista
animalluvr6
Saien
ken yeo
LukaLeon085
STORMnl
pouchedrat
Bloodrayne
twl005
NightLioness
Tupolew Tu-154
Melekh
Juan Andrés
Sergey
MARTINLATIN
cattlecollector
Kikimalou
Carola
bojan
Florian
Roger
orcagirl26
arafan
Elros Alvar
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
trevok4
widukind
schleichsammler2008
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

Papo 2014! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:50 am

Beluga! Head looks a bit of, looks so small. Hope better photos follow soon.

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:56 am

Finally a hippo without its mouth open!! Great replica. I think it is year of the Hippo--Papo, Safari and Bullyland.

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:57 am

Manatee and Walrus are very impressive. lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:05 am

Now that the disappointment of the lack of species is already vanishing in my mind. I must say that most of the figures look very nice. I like the way snow leopard is painted and also the proportions although head looks a little small contrarily with what usually happens with other brands. The lion looks also interesting for a roaring one, though it doesn't give me the sensation of seeing a real lion as I have when I saw the 2014 Mojo for the first time. But, Papo is very competent with this kind of figures and this lion is quite different from Mojo one.
However, the most noticiable thing is actually the use of Maia & Borges molds if confirmed. Since 2011 there were no news on Papo Aquatic Animals series, in 2012 M&B relauunches their sea life line and in 2014 Papo Aquatic line explodes with a lot of new releases. Shocked
It is strange that they used the walrus and manatee but not beluga and octopus. :) I don't see anything wrong int it once Maia & Borges is not a direct competitor of Papo, but it turns hard to understand when these molds were used recently by Schleich, clearly a direct competitor. Shocked
I am actually proud that a Portuguese company can put their molds in the range of such important companies like Schleich and Papo. Very Happy
As I love speculations and as I was never afraid of talking non sense, could it be the macaw also a M&B mold? study study study

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 8:04 am

Rogerio, Portugal is on the rise again. A lot of the 2014 Schleich models were made in Portugal!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 8:05 am

Roger wrote:

As I love speculations and as I was never afraid of talking non sense, could it be the macaw also a M&B mold? studystudystudy

I hope it is not  No  This macaw is everything except a must have. And I believe M+B is able to make far better things  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 9:02 am

What is the new bull? It looks painted like a holstien, but that can't be right.  scratch 

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 am

I don't know the breed (in the video sometimes it is hard to see some things) but its basically their Spanish bull repainted with a little white and pink.  Smile 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:22 pm

donny ong wrote:
There are so many repaints, and a re-used mould (or are there more?), and buying old moulds. Papo are quite lazy for 2014.
I think 2013 release is better.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:36 pm

The pose of the Snow Leopard does look very similar to the puma pose, but it is definitely not the same mold. Look at pictures of the two side by side and it is clear that they are not the same, just similar. I'm very glad that they are not the same mold because the Puma was much too small. I'm definitely looking forward to this figure as it looks great!
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The manatee and the walrus.  Smile 

Thanks Saarloos.

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Sergey wrote:
donny ong wrote:
Ana wrote:
Funny they re used Schleich and Maia and Borgese moulds again Shocked

Which figurines, Anna? Thanks.

...Walrus  silent 

Manatee...  Laughing 

Thanks Sergey and Christophe!

Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 3:08 am

posttenebraslux wrote:
The pose of the Snow Leopard does look very similar to the puma pose, but it is definitely not the same mold. Look at pictures of the two side by side and it is clear that they are not the same, just similar. I'm very glad that they are not the same mold because the Puma was much too small. I'm definitely looking forward to this figure as it looks great!

I made the same remark but nobody would listen, guess they have to see both figures side by side to tell.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 3:37 am

There are some nice figures, like the snow leopard or the cats. But why near all brands make a manatee but no dugong?

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Defteros wrote:
posttenebraslux wrote:

I made the same remark but nobody would listen, guess they have to see both figures side by side to tell.
It's not that we didn't listen, but with technology these days it would be easy to reconfigure parts of the same mold. That's how companies like Safari are able to resize their WW series hippo into a regular line sized one I think.  Smile To me, it looks like they may have flipped the way the legs stand on the Puma (and this simply conjecture not fact) so it wasn't totally the same as before. but then again, I may be wrong and maybe they only reused the head.  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 4:54 pm

bojan wrote:
Rogerio, Portugal is on the rise again. A lot of the 2014 Schleich models were made in Portugal!

That's interesting! Very Happy It seems I find who will help me finding one of them once I am almost sure all sold here will be made in China versions! Laughing Is the squirrel monkey made in Portugal? monkey

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

As I love speculations and as I was never afraid of talking non sense, could it be the macaw also a M&B mold? studystudystudy

I hope it is not   No  This macaw is everything except a must have. And I believe M+B is able to make far better things  Very Happy

I've read your first impression when seeing it in locho was not the most positive. Though, it also doesn't look a traditional Papo sculpt. Mainly because of head size, you can see that snow leopard, siamese cat, beluga and many others have small heads, probably smaller than it should be. Though, the macaw has clearly a large head as you pointed. Some M&B ducks are also somewhat large headed, it looks it is a characteristic among brands that release comics like Schleich, Bullyland and M&B.

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Any farm animals at all?????
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:39 am

UPS! I completely missed this   Shocked Shocked 

I must say, that on a sleepy, dark and misty 26th of December-morning Sleep the only thing that almost woke me up, was the SIAMESE CAT  cheers and the snow leopard  Very Happy

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:20 am

krista wrote:
I'm tempted to get all the dinosaurs. Especially the Dilophosaurus, because it's one of my very favourite dinosaurs. And thank god it doesn't have frill! I was a bit worried since of all the brands, I was almost certain that Papo would make a frilled dilopho...

orcagirl26 wrote:
Shocked The baby triceratops is cute! The dilophosaurus looks scarier than the one in the Jurassic Park movie Twisted Evil I'm hoping the wildlife releases will be just as good.

Dilophosaurus' size was made smaller in Jurassic Park, so it wouldn't steal the spotlight from the main stars of the movie (t-rex and the velociraptors[which were made bigger, ironically]).
Originally dilophos were like 6 m long.

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 10:35 am

The beluga, leatherback sea turtle, octopus and Galapagos tortoise look awesome! I jut might be making yet another exception to my rule and get the snow leopard  silent  I'm disappointed that the manatee and walrus look very similar to what Schleich had in the past and what M&B have currently. I was hoping the walrus would look similar to their mutant  Neutral I've been thinking about getting their dinosaurs, but they're very expensive.

I agree the beluga looks better than CollectA's. I think CollectA's is too short and round. I also think they should have made the tail smaller.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Defteros wrote:
posttenebraslux wrote:

It's not that we didn't listen, but with technology these days it would be easy to reconfigure parts of the same mold. That's how companies like Safari are able to resize their WW series hippo into a regular line sized one I think.  Smile To me, it looks like they may have flipped the way the legs stand on the Puma (and this simply conjecture not fact) so it wasn't totally the same as before. but then again, I may be wrong and maybe they only reused the head.  Very Happy 

From what I've been told, the Safari resized figures all come from new sculpts based on the originals. so the new Panda and Hippo are sculpted to look like the Wildlife Wonders figures. Seems to me to be labor intensive, especially since resizing can be done very quickly & easily with a 3D scanner/printer. I would assume that even if Papo's Snow Leopard & Puma are similar, since they are definitely not repaints of the same figure, a new mold was cast from a whole new sculpt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Hello any farm animals sweety!!!!
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 9:03 am

I love them all! Especially that snow leopard, yay! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:14 am

Hello any farm animals yet??!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2014!   Papo 2014! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2014!
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next