Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Is almost full! This means I probably need to start some repaint jobs.
Scroll down for individual group shots of some rescues.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These are all literally 'rescued' from rubbish bins, my little sister's rubbish bin, or second-hand stores.

*Group Shots*

Three obviously unpainted jobs. The largest is av size, but will probably use a bit of paint... hence why its still there.

Large, rather large model from second hand store. Definitely will take a lot of paint. Not sure about his colour to be, but he is a TB for sure. And I have this thing about dapple (dark dapple) Thorougbreds.
The littlie is not anything yet.

Two beauts. The one on the left will probably be a light Chesnut or Palomino Quarter Horse. The one on the right was intended to be a Palomino.... but the base layer was rather bright. As it is this one needs a lot more work.

Two more, that will likely be done soon. The one on the left is a reshaped donkey/mule, will be a Welsh Mountain Pony, likely Dapple.
The one on the right was originally going to be a dapple too, but I am seriously thinking about a blood bay Arabian. Thoughts?

Minis. No ideas here. In need of some.

More minis.

More minis... (in case you are wondering, no, I don't LOVE horses. I love dogs. Unfortunately dogs are hard to come by. Also, lots of people love horses. Its my theory they sell well... unless they are minis. Gah.)

Dogs!
This one is a (ahem) repaint I did when I was, say... 10. To be continued...

Collie, Giant Schnauzer (was going to be black, but maybe Salt/pepper), Gordon Setter (originally labelled 'afghan'. Uhm, no.)

Mini Dogs! (I am looking forward to this Cocker Spaniel being finished)

Mini dogs again..

And... more other species animals later.
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:36 pm

I can't wait to see the dogs customised! bounce bounce 

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:08 pm

OHHH! SO many nice models !Shocked 
I love the little ones in the first picture, and the little brown, flocked one is ever so cute !

Many nice doggies, too cheers 

It will be very exiting to see what you can make out of them.
Perhaps it will be more fun to do, now that you know we are a whole lot of people who are very exited to see what you are doing with them ? bounce Very Happy Laughing 

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:26 pm

So many work! Shocked
I am specially interested how will look the Welsh Moutain pony! Very Happy I needed to see the horse on same figure from the other side, but this one would surely look very nice with a golden palomino color instead of a dapple. It has a beautiful movement and dapple obsfucates it while a palomino accentuates the subtleties of this horse. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:32 am

And yes indeed! To be honest, it really is very nice to finally find some people who actually appreciate all the work that goes into models/customising, unlike some around here at home... who say 'it doesn't even look like a...' Yeah, nevermind how hard it is to get it that realistic. Haha.
I am very much looking forward to everyone's thoughts on each custom.

My favourites are, of course, the little dogs, and that white Arabian-looking horse.

Roger - were you referring to that one? I think it will be a dark bay now, and I will also dye the tail black (likely with food dye, haha).
I like what you say about the dapple - that's probably very true. Do you think dapple would still suit my Thoroughbred (very large) model 2nd pic?
I was thinking dark dapple with small spots/lighter highlights.

As for palomino, I need a lot more practise there. I think I used way too much orange in my base colouring, and less white.

Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:39 am

More models....

- Cheap little (larger than Schleich) statue, not very accurate anatomically.

Collecta Horse - any thoughts on an ideal colouration for this guy? I am also thinking of him becoming a TB, not a Hanoverian. To me, physically, he does not look at all Warmblood type.

Wild Animals... (minis)

Felines...

Farm life... minis too. I am not really so keen on these, but maybe the ducks, chooks and goats will get paint jobs. Oh and some cows.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:04 am

It looks like you have a lot of work to do. I love your Springer/cocker spaniel dog, I'm eager to see him repainted again.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:09 am

So you have any to do sunny sunny 

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Pic 7   Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:38 pm

The darker grey one on pic 7 is probably a Elastolin/hausser.

/Lennart
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Roger - were you referring to that one? I think it will be a dark bay now, and I will also dye the tail black (likely with food dye, haha).
I like what you say about the dapple - that's probably very true. Do you think dapple would still suit my Thoroughbred (very large) model 2nd pic?
I was thinking dark dapple with small spots/lighter highlights.

As for palomino, I need a lot more practise there. I think I used way too much orange in my base colouring, and less white.

Laughing I don't repaint but surely it is hard to get the correct coloring to a palomino. I was referring to that horse indeed. I would prefer a chestnut with flaxen tail and mane but a dark bay will work nicely too. Very Happy
The dark dapple to your big TB looks an excelent idea to me. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:31 am

Well....

So far I haven't budged the paintbrushes, simply because my desk is filled. (pah, and I deliberately got a big desk for more than 1 project. Oh well.)
Here's a bit of an idea... as to why I haven't got the paints out yet. Sculpts!

I'm not sure what/who I will do first, maybe the Welshie?

Lennart - Thank you! Smile I really am not very good on the brands of the minis. Plastic cheapies, usually.

Roger - So, if you were going to study a palomino then, what might you say was the base colour? (I'm not talking genetically I'm referring to visually.) Curious question, as I still haven't really worked it out yet.
The palomino I wanted was more like:
Hence why the base of the fluro yellow horse was so dark, and more orangey. I wanted palomino dark enough to see the white socks/other markings.

This is a similar pattern, but I don't want it to be this light and blended between colours. I really want the white to appear white, and the palomino almost a chestnut flaxen. Thoughts?
An almost flaxen Palomino:

As for my TB, I really like, and am thinking more along the lines of:
Only, I would almost like it darker:

And then there's the question of light or dark mane?

And, finally, just generally, shall I upload all repaints here, on on thier own threads?
(oh and its unlikely I will do all these by Christmas time, haha! Laughing )
Back to top Go down
A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm curious to see what you can make of all those animals cheers

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Roger - So, if you were going to study a palomino then, what might you say was the base colour? (I'm not talking genetically I'm referring to visually.) Curious question, as I still haven't really worked it out yet.
The palomino I wanted was more like:
Hence why the base of the fluro yellow horse was so dark, and more orangey. I wanted palomino dark enough to see the white socks/other markings.

This is a similar pattern, but I don't want it to be this light and blended between colours. I really want the white to appear white, and the palomino almost a chestnut flaxen. Thoughts?
An almost flaxen Palomino:

As for my TB, I really like, and am thinking more along the lines of:
Only, I would almost like it darker:

And then there's the question of light or dark mane?

And, finally, just generally, shall I upload all repaints here, on on thier own threads?
(oh and its unlikely I will do all these by Christmas time, haha! Laughing )
Jane, those are already hard questions for me once I don't understand anything of horses and painting. I am sure some of our artists can help you better with it. Very Happy
These horses look a color and when painting we find some weird combinations with fantastic results so I won't risk. Rolling Eyes
I am so bad with horses that for a minute, I thought this Palomino Welsh pony was actually a chestnut haflinger! Laughing geek
But I surely can give my opinions. For Arabian, I agree a palomino with more contrast is an excelent choice or a chestnut with flaxen mane.
I think the first palomino is enough nice. Very Happy
The dappled horse is fantastic with white hairs but the horse you're showing has a leafy mane and is a very showy animal. The result is magnificent. Though, TB is completly different so I think a dark mane will result nicer as long as it is accepted in a dark dapple coat. Very Happy
About topics. You can keep updating this one or opening new topics for each figure, more topics messier but more people will follow your work once long topics get lost with time. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:56 am

Roger - Well, I think I may ask around for my next palomino job. I think its rather hard picking a base colour, but perhaps this time I shall attempt more white and less orange in my base, as well as less shading. Even natural palominos appear solidly, I think.

I like what you say about the TB Dapple - I totally agree. Let's see how it turns out!
Also the type of dapple I was thinking was likely more like larger, more distinct, (or perhaps even many smaller) rings. We'll see how that goes anyway.

Topics, well, I will do both. I will add some of the more boring model repaints here, as well as all those posted, but I'll make separate posts for some of the better ones.

Thanks for the thoughts v much.
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:54 pm

*Update!*

The little Welshie has found some colour!

(For many more photos, he has his own post)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 am

Is it finished? scratch It is a discretive dapple pattern, I like the transiction between legs and body. Looking forward to see the Arabian! bounce

Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:11 am

Roger - Thank you!

Yes, he is completed.

And the Arabian will be mine to keep, hehe, I loves him. Laughing Very Happy 

Maybe a GSD next...
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:24 am

Some more models for customisation - these two I bought new ($2) each, as they had great anatomical feautures (especially the GSD).

I actually bought x2 GSDs and x3 of the Akita-looking ones.

GSD

Akita-type dog
I bought x3 -  1 to repaint/sell, 1 for me- a dingo, it wil be, and 1 for me again (Very Happy Smile Very Happy ) as it is almost anatomically the same as my Kelpie, and I have to make a custom of him! Very Happy

If the GSDs work well I may even buy some more and do a lot - customs always open.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:32 am

I'm interested to see what you do with these ones. Smile Are they Nayab?

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:41 am

Honestly I don't know the brand - picked them up at a local cheap store (Wayne's World?, Crazy Clarkes?).

They had a few others - a very sad Basset, some kind of Setter, and an ugly Bulldog. Only these ones were remotely accurate.

In saying that, though, I would definitely buy more if I come across them again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation   Today at 2:26 pm

Back to top Go down

My "Rubbish Bin Rescue" Box - pre-customisation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1