Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll

Go down 
+24
luisgm
Numa
Roger
teddi12
cattlecollector
quagga
bjarki12
Saarlooswolfhound
elephas_maximus
AlvinCK
signatus
scot(t)
Kikimalou
Joan Milelire
pm64
Philter4
SUSANNE
widukind
Florian
SeanieP
PeGe
LeeAnn
Ana
HKHollinstone
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What species would you like us to make?
Forest Buffalo
The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_lcap30%The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_rcap
 30% [ 28 ]
Hirola
The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_lcap9%The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_rcap
 9% [ 8 ]
Bontebok
The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_lcap17%The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_rcap
 17% [ 16 ]
African Wild Ass
The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_lcap13%The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_rcap
 13% [ 12 ]
Asian Golden cat
The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_lcap15%The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_rcap
 15% [ 14 ]
Grevy's Zebra pair with foal
The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_lcap16%The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Vote_rcap
 16% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 94

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Empty
PostSubject: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 pm

After a great deal of thought on what species to do for our next project, Anna and I have made up a list.  We thought we'd put it over to you to choose/vote which species you'd like us to make from this list.

This project will be slightly different from our previous one; there will be a choice of ordering either a raw (straight from the mould), prepped (mould lines removed and holes filled) or painted castings.

All will be made in 1:22 scale except the Asian Golden Cat which will be made in a larger scale 1:10

The list of animals are as follows:

Forest Buffalo ~ pair
Hirola ~ pair
Bontebok ~ pair
African Wild Ass ~ pair
Asian Golden cat ~ pair
Grevy's Zebra ~ pair with foal

Please Note: a painted Grevy's zebra will be more expensive due to it's complicated pattern.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:39 pm

Thank you for starting poll Harriet! sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:41 pm

So many wonderful ideas! With amazing sculptors, all figures will be great. Winkcheers

Last edited by Schleich_Figures_4U on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Sorry african hoofed animal fans. Golden cats!
And next time: African golden cat! Such talented ladies and such a beautiful species,...!

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:04 pm

AHHHH! I cannot chose ladies scratch --too many great animals. Need to sleep on this..Applause

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Golden cat. bounce bounce bounce

PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes! Fight the antelopes!

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 pm

It is a hard choice, i like all between 1-6

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 pm

cheers bounce bounce WILD ASS!!! bounce bounce bouncecheers

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:28 pm

I love all of the species, what fantastic choices! The only one I would not choose is the golden cat, just too large a scale for my model, sorry PeGe! Other then that I love them all, i think in order I would vote:
Grevy's zebra
African wild ass
Forest buffalo
Hirola
Bontebok (even though this is one of my favorite antelope sp, Ana has done three for me already)
Golden cat (I love cats, but the scale is just too big for my diorama and the cat too small to work in 1:22)

With that list my vote for Harriet and Ana to make was the forest buffalo, it would be a figure that isn't available from the brand names, even though it isn't my favorite species.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 pm

I knew there are some true african-hoove fans on STS.

pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Dear Harriet and Ana,

I love these polls! I just saw on you tube a documentary about the hirola : only 250 animals survive in the world and no one is in captivity ! I was looking at them , how beautiful these creatures are and how precious...and was thinking " how wonderful it would be if one of our skilled masters in sts forum could reproduce them"...and now my dreams come true !! I just voted for the hirola of course even though all the others are just fabulous...hope anyway that hirola will win !
bounce 
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:22 pm

mmm difficult decision scratch scratch 
anyway thank you for this poll cheers . Between my preferences are the asian golden cat, the wild ass and the forest buffalo... i think I'll vote for buffalo Wink

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:40 pm

Joan Milelire wrote:
mmm difficult decision scratch scratch 
anyway thank you for this poll cheers . Between my preferences are the asian golden cat, the wild ass and the forest buffalo... i think I'll vote for buffalo Wink
African Forest buffalo for me bounce drunken  Wink 
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 am

Wow, that's really hard. The Forest Buffalo jumps out at me initially. But both antelopes sound amazing too. And of course the Golden cat would be extremely desirable as well. I think I may need to think about it some more and return.
Back to top Go down
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:08 am

Very difficult to choose just one animal. I like them all, but for some time I expect to see some brand make a wild ass figure.Very Happy Very Happy cheers 

Miguel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:00 am

Wow, difficult choices to make but I'd most likely go for forest buffalo as they have a unique features such as those cute papillon ears Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:12 am

A great choice of species, can't wait to see what you two come up with.
Progress photos would be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:41 am

I love them all (but only like the golden cat--sorry hooves haters cat ), but after much consideration I went for the Hirola. It is a unique antelope. My second was the forest buffalo--a great species!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:44 am

It's not often that I have to look up an animal to see what is being talked about, and I had to do that with one of these... Anyways, I voted for three, the buffalo, cat, and wild ass. It doesn't matter who wins this for me, I know they will be beautifully mastered anyways!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Can't wait to see the next project from you two! Any of these animals will look fantastic!
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 5:58 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
It's not often that I have to look up an animal to see what is being talked about, and I had to do that with one of these... Anyways, I voted for three, the buffalo, cat, and wild ass. It doesn't matter who wins this for me, I know they will be beautifully mastered anyways!
Me too. I think I am a big animal know-it-all but had no idea what a Hirola was. I thought it was a big-time gambler--get it, High-Roller?? lol! (cricket sounds)

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:58 am

Ha! I got your joke, even before you explained it. Laughing Not many people can catch me unawares on an animal species, so that was a rare event. Most people see me as a know-it-all when it comes to animals, and many I haven't even really blabbed about different species too! Maybe animal collecting can give off vibes... Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
quagga

Country/State : Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Forest buffalo. African wild ass
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:10 am

Forest buffalo. Next time time, I will vote for hirola!

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll   The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dobrowolsk​a-Oczko and Knibbs' New Project ~ Voting Poll
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next