Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:31 am

Updated with Bullyland hippos

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Thank you Christophe for this nice toppic! cheers
On the new Schleich catalogue the flying fox is in the african wildlife too.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Thank you Arafan. I didn't put the flying fox on the African map because there is no flying fox species in mainland Africa.  Wink 

Maybe this model is an African fruit bat ? I guess even Schleich would have some difficulties to answer.  Laughing 

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Thank you Arafan. I didn't put the flying fox on the African map because there is no flying fox species in mainland Africa.  Wink 

Maybe this model is an African fruit bat ? I guess even Schleich would have some difficulties to answer.  Laughing 

Yes, I can't help with the bat but last year, black panther was in American fauna and I am sure it is not a jaguar but a leopard. Nonetheless, I like that Schleich splits their figures in continents. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:43 pm

MPV says it's a megabat, so who knows?

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Yes, I can't help with the bat but last year, black panther was in American fauna and I am sure it is not a jaguar but a leopard. Nonetheless, I like that Schleich splits their figures in continents. Very Happy

So everything is possible  Rolling Eyes  cheers   Laughing

MPV says it's a megabat, so who knows?

Of course it is a megabat, I agree with MPV  Wink  And so I agree also with you: Who knows ?  confused  that's the problem  Laughing

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:57 pm

So I do not know either. I simply mean only, I know we have at the zoo Rodriguez fyling foxes in our madagascar hall and they indeed come from the island of Rodriguez. Are the island a part Africa or Asia?
Edit: A "Flguhund" is a fruit bad and not a flying fox, sorry!

Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:03 pm

You don't need to feel sorry Arafan  Very Happy  Everybody here is talking about the bat as a Flying fox. About Madagascar, some Flying foxes are living in Island near Africa but not on mainland.

study  My translator said the Flughund is a Flying fox in English confused The same translator told me a Fruit bat is a Flughund in German scratch  Laughing 

I add it on the map near Madagascar Wink 

It reminds me the Schleich gazelle, first it was a gazelle, then a Thomson's gazelle and suddenly Schleich discovered it was a poor Thomson's gazelle and said to the world this Gazelle is a Cuvier's gazelle...  Wink Laughing

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:16 am

You don't need to feel sorry Arafan  Very Happy  Everybody here is talking about the bat as a Flying fox. About Madagascar, some Flying foxes are living in Island near Africa but not on mainland.

study  My translator said the Flughund is a Flying fox in English confused The same translator told me a Fruit bat is a Flughund in German scratch  Laughing 

I add it on the map near Madagascar Wink 

It reminds me the Schleich gazelle, first it was a gazelle, then a Thomson's gazelle and suddenly Schleich discovered it was a poor Thomson's gazelle and said to the world this Gazelle is a Cuvier's gazelle...  Wink Laughing

Madagascar is considered to be part of Africa, just as Great Britain is considered to be part of Europe...correct?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 am

Madagascar is considered to be part of Africa, just as Great Britain is considered to be part of Europe...correct?  scratch 

I think it is better to ask our UK members  Laughing 

Seriously, the real question is not about Madagascar. The question is: What is that megabat ?  confused study scratch geek 

The answer is probably: Nobody knows  Wink 

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 pm

I think it is better to ask our UK members  Laughing 

Seriously, the real question is not about Madagascar. The question is: What is that megabat ?  confused study scratch geek 

The answer is probably: Nobody knows  Wink 

Ask UK members - ha, you've got a point there... Laughing   Seriously, though, maybe we should first ask our Ukrainian members, or maybe
at least their embattled Prime Minister... Smile 

I guess they're referring to Megachiroptera, but there is controversy about that, I think.  Heck, let's just pray there are no
Megahumans...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:19 am

Papo lion and Hippo added  Very Happy 

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:15 am

This year is very good! Every brand have made amazing figures cheers 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:14 am

Thank you for your work Christophe! Nice and useful maps :)

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:50 am

Updated, the fruit bat turn into a grey-headed flying fox and migrated to Oceania  Laughing 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january   Today at 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down

2014 African Wildlife from all brands - Updated 20 january
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3