Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Susanne's 2013 newcomers

Go down 
+26
Taos
sauroid
NandO
Tiermann
Tove
Chimera
koniminiatures
landrover
Florian
ken yeo
Admin
krista
GoldEagle
animalluvr6
Carola
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
skysthelimit
bojan
Arrakai
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
widukind
Rio
Roger
SUSANNE
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

Country/State : United States/Minnesota

Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:55 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I can`t wait to see them bounce bounce Laughing

Found them, Hope you don't mind if I post them here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
They are a bit smaller and are rough with sparkles that they love to shed everywhere, not flocked like the regular one is. Also I just noticed the antlers are black.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:34 pm

They are awesome cheers cheers Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Where on earth did you find them ? Laughing Laughing

Yes, yes, of course it is ok that you show them here, I LOVE it when we get comparing/additional pictures.
It makes the forum SO much more interesting Very Happy

GoldEagle

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are awesome cheers cheers Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

Where on earth did you find them ? Laughing Laughing

Yes, yes, of course it is ok that you show them here, I LOVE it when we get comparing/additional pictures.
It makes the forum SO much more interesting Very Happy

I got them at a bookstore called Borders that recently went out of business due to poor management. They were marked as Christmas decorations. They also have gold and blue fawns but I'm not certain where I packed those.
Personally I think they look like they are ready to go to Las Vegas lol!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:22 am

Big congratulations to you Susanne on so many great newcomers! cheers
I think the Marx bear is indeed a brown bear, or grizzly in the USA, the shape doesn't suit for a black bear as Rogerio mentioned, but ok, it is possible to. Laughing

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

I think the Marx bear is indeed a brown bear, or grizzly in the USA, the shape doesn't suit for a black bear as Rogerio mentioned, but ok, it is possible to. Laughing

Willy, it is nice to have again the chance of discussing that figure with you. Very Happy The Marx figure is officially a grizzly bear. So you are right. Also, the large foread and pointed muzzle show that they wanted to make this animal. :)
My insistence, is useless, I am actually trying to show that they used the body shape of an American black bear. The animal doesn't have a hump like a grizzly, the profile is typoical of an American black bear and the back is also not massive enough for a Grizzly. However it is a Grizzly, you know perfectly that most part of brands concentrate their efforts on head sculpting, as I usually comment, a beautiful face/head with a bizarre body makes an apealing figure, the opposite is not true, it doesn't matter to most people how good is the general figure as long as head is not good enough. monkey cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 pm

I agree, it seems it is a Black bear with grizzly head scratch After the Pizzly, maybe we are watching the first barizzly or Grizribal ? Laughing

Golseagles, your two Ladeer Gaga are incredible cheers
Back to top Go down
GoldEagle

GoldEagle

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Golseagles, your two Ladeer Gaga are incredible cheers

Haha, thanks! Very Happy
I think I'm going to start calling them that. "Ladeer Gaga, live in concert." Maybe the real Lady Gaga could use them in a photo for her next album art. lol!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 am

Roger wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Willy, it is nice to have again the chance of discussing that figure with you. Very Happy The Marx figure is officially a grizzly bear. So you are right. Also, the large foread and pointed muzzle show that they wanted to make this animal. :)
My insistence, is useless, I am actually trying to show that they used the body shape of an American black bear. The animal doesn't have a hump like a grizzly, the profile is typoical of an American black bear and the back is also not massive enough for a Grizzly. However it is a Grizzly, you know perfectly that most part of brands concentrate their efforts on head sculpting, as I usually comment, a beautiful face/head with a bizarre body makes an apealing figure, the opposite is not true, it doesn't matter to most people how good is the general figure as long as head is not good enough. monkey cheers

I think it has to do with the time they were made in, and the awereness of how an animal looks exactly was not very clear to most people.
A bear was just a bear, only polarbears were different, and even they looked much like white brown bears most of the time. Shocked

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:49 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I think it has to do with the time they were made in, and the awereness of how an animal looks exactly was not very clear to most people.
A bear was just a bear, only polarbears were different, and even they looked much like white brown bears most of the time. Shocked

well, I don't know about this Marx serie ? Those models have been made by a very good wildlife sculptor. The American wildlife series by MARX are really serious models even for modern eyes. IMHO it is not only a matter of time, some companies were more on the accuracy point than others.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 am

I also find Marx figures very well sculpted. The ambiuous sculpting of the bear and the white-tail with antlers pointed outwards, don't turn them bad figures for sure. Very Happy
Also it is not surely a question of when they were made. There are good and bad works in every periods of the animal toy history. Very Happy
A recent example is the first generation of Safari figures: Here the same bear in black and brown in a not very interesting sculpting. Safari just turned the brand with best bear sculptings in my opinion. Only the painting don't give them justice.

1st generation of Safari bears

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:11 am

Sorry to comment so late! Congratulations on your fine additions, Susanne!

I really like the woolly rhino. It looks so much better than the official pictures.

The silver deer is gorgeous<3

The sloth looks a bit like the Nayab sloth (the set in the right corner) but with different paintjob. But I guess that many China-companies use the same moulds.. :) Anyway, it's really nice!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm

GoldEagle wrote:

"Ladeer Gaga, live in concert." .... lol!

cheers Laughing Laughing Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:36 pm

YESSSSSSS cheers

Having seen [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I was SO much in love with the kitty. But as I had never seen one before, I was aware I would never get one Crying or Very sad

BUT !!!! Look, what the mailman brought today bounce Very Happy
(Westie shows the size)

They were very happy to get out of the plastic bag where the seller had crammed them in
Immediately they rushed to my shelves and found more suitable friends Laughing

The beautyful lion made friends with a Starlux Clairet lion, - good taste, I would say Wink

The Rhino met a friend from Britains Very Happy

The Cheetah is getting running-lessons from the Colorata buddy

Just a close up, it is also an extremely nice AAA-cheetah, I think Very Happy

And Little croc-baby was happy to find the new McDonalds croc on my piano alien Wink

Sometimes I am an almost rudely lucky collector, I think. Embarassed
Imagine, finding that lion ( and cheetah) , - just like that !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry Croccobaby and rhino, - you are nice also Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Wonderfully cute newcomers! You are lucky indeed Susanne!! Congratulations!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:03 pm

You're lucky for sure. Very Happy
My favorite is the crocodile baby. Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Congratulations again dear Susanne cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 pm

THANKYOU, friends cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 am

Congrats Susanne! Very Happy
The rhino is a AAA model, isn't it?
I have it to, i found it in a zoo-shop some years ago with another model in another position.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:38 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Congrats Susanne! Very Happy
The rhino is a AAA model, isn't it?
I have it to, i found it in a zoo-shop some years ago with another model in another position.

Yes, he is AAA.
The four I got here are a set. They all have similar paint dots under one of their feet : A blue and an orange dot Very Happy

The rhino is also one of a set of two

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 am

Congrats Susanne are amazing cheers cheers sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 pm

HUGE congrats Susanne! Great new oldies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Thankyou very much, friends Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Yes, i have those two also, i am still looking for the bigger ones, mostly sold as the parents of these two... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Congratulation Susanne, I'm very happy you have found the little lion cheers

By the way, the other one is a CLAIRET not a STARLUX Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2013 newcomers   Susanne's 2013 newcomers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Susanne's 2013 newcomers
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next