Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

AlienMantis' customs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: AlienMantis' customs   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi!

This is a little story behind my repaints (which, I hope, will soon develop into "customs", and... About a friendship.
So it happens, I made a repaint.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quite some time ago, a very good friend of mine mentioned that she saw a some beautiful horses and elves in the store, and bought a Friesian Stallion 13667 and Feya 70426.
After a while, I got Eyela 70452 on a horse, but the thing is, I only collect horses. So I gave the elf to her.
Now she is an avid rider and they have a black-white gelding in her rider's club named Tito.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So one day she saw the Tinker mare 13279 in my collection, and honestly, I could say no when she asked me for it (although this particular model wasnt sold in Slovenia). The horse was even too "fat" for Sera 70402. And so I started...
I decided to make her a "real" Tito for her birthday, so I took the Bullyland 62685 Paint Horse Stallion and repainted it. It's pretty obvious that it's my first work. Well, at least the patches are on all the right places lol! . The paint has this weird, chalky feel to it, but I guess it's ok :). I put Nuray 70404 on him and my friend was pretty happy about it.

So later on (around the following holidays), she became a real Skyrim fan, and a proud owner of a black horse (ingame) =D. Well, I lacked any better ideas, so I got a Percheron stallion 13623, painted him black and stamped a Skyrim mark on him :). In the end, his "rider" became the Bilara 70413 :). It turned out somewhat sticky and glossy, but I'd like to think that I used an appropriate mold XD.

This year, I redid Marween 70427 for her. I'm actually quite proud about this one. My love drilled a tiny hole in her leg, so I could put her upright and decorate the base. I'm really happy about how she turned out with all the glitter. :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now I hope I'll soon redo some Simba horses, and also Nuray's horse (she has a huge crater in her back). So after going to some local art shops, I kind of wonder... What materials do you use for remodelling existing models? I guess you cant bake a plastic or a rubber model (so no Fimo). DAS sticks poorly, is soluble in water and not good for any details. Epoxy needs a mold...

So what do you guys use? So that it sticks to plastic, keeps details, is water resistant and dries on air?

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: AlienMantis' customs   Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Great customs! Congrats! Very Happy

I use "Creative Paperclay." It's works very well, you just have to be sure you add plenty of water to it so it won't crack when it dries.

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: AlienMantis' customs   Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:36 pm

I enjoyed a lot reading your stories and the reasons why you decided to repaint these beautiful figures. Very Happy
To be friends of our friends is an exercise of joy and good spirit, I am sure your friend is just as generous with you as you are. Very Happy
I love specially Bully Tito, it is easily recognizable as the horse it was based and that's a figure with a very adjusted pose for a gift proudly done. flower

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: AlienMantis' customs   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Thanks for comment Schleich_Figures_4U :)
Is that Creative Paperclay made out of paper? I did a little googling, but I didn't find much. Is it still sensitive to water after it dries? Is it similar to papermache? :)

Roger thank you for your beautiful comment :) My friend was there when I photographed Tito, and I had to do it realy incognito. It was fun. :) She surely is generous :)

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: AlienMantis' customs   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks for comment Schleich_Figures_4U :)
Is that Creative Paperclay made out of paper? I did a little googling, but I didn't find much.  Is it still sensitive to water after it dries? Is it similar to papermache? :)
Here is the official website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's basically just an air-dry clay. It's very lightweight and durable if used correctly. It is still sensitive to water after it dries, but if you spray it with several coats of polyurethane it would probably be fine in water. It paints up nice too. I've heard it is a bit like "Das" clay, but Creative Paperclay is less gritty than Das and smells better, apparently. I have yet to use Das, but I am happy with Creative Paperclay. Smile

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: AlienMantis' customs   Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:30 pm

Nice work cheers cheers 

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: AlienMantis' customs   Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:42 pm

What beautyful repaints !!!! Applause Applause 

I love the Tito horse, he looks so free and completely right for an elf, - just like the real Tito-horse whit the kind eyes Very Happy

Ohhh, I wished I could do something like this, it myust be great fun to be so talented cheers 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AlienMantis' customs   Today at 1:05 am

Back to top Go down

AlienMantis' customs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1