Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)

Go down 
+42
Dark Pegasus
Bloodrayne
Florian
tienan523523523
TheSpottedCat
Carola
Zelvik
75senta75
Beastdoctor
JackyLovertjex
SyLoBe
Noémi
Shanti
NightLioness
Geospiza fortis
ulinuk
Numa
Fisva
bjarki12
widukind
arafan
Elephants Rule
Silver Unicornis
Miss Jane
Saarlooswolfhound
trevok4
Joan Milelire
kudu11
Kikimalou
SeanieP
Roger
elephas_maximus
AlienMantis
A-J
scot(t)
MartinH
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
signatus
lucky luke
LeeAnn
Philter4
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 2:01 pm

its looking good so far

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 4:53 pm

It looks incredible, cannot wait to see it finished!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Thank you Joan, Trevok and Paige! sunny sunny sunny 

HKHollinstone wrote:
Thanks Anna.  So what's Sculpey III like then, the texture and consistency?  Is it hard and good to carve and can you paint it with acrylics after curing?

Before baking it's soft, maybe even softer than Fimo, it's quite much like Super Sculpey. After baking it's easy to carve, sand and also easy to paint with acrylics or any other paints. :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:32 am

This is incredible! I love the eyes particularly - so skilled and beautiful already - they show a lot of alertness.

Can't wait to see this one finished!
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I've been browsing a lot of photos of Huculs lately (especially of Hucul's Path Wink ), I'm logging in to the forum and I see this topic Laughing 

The body is a tad too short - right now the model is significantly taller than longer. He should look better if you lengthened his barrel a bit. Huculs, as all primitive breeds, aren't as leggy as e.g. Warmbloods.
Also the hooves look off to me - they are too small and still need some work to improve their shape.
Other than that, he looks fine to me. I love the idea of windblown mane and tail - that always makes even a standing model more interesting Very Happy 

If you want more profound insight, I can send photos of him to my friend who knows a LOT about equine anatomy - maybe she could write more constructive critique for you Wink But she's quite busy with work at the moment so I can't promise quick response from her.

Btw, are you planning to release him in resin?

Blog | Facebook

Last edited by Mangalarga on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Thank you for comments Magda and Miss Jane! Very Happy

Mangalarga wrote:
I've been browsing a lot of photos of Huculs lately (especially of Hucul's Path Wink), I'm logging in to the forum and I see this topic Laughing 

The body is a tad too short - right now the model is significantly taller than longer. He should look better if you lengthened his barrel a bit.
Also the hooves look off to me - they are too small and still need some work to improve their shape.
Wow, probably you are right, I didn't notice that. I will make some measurements again but perhaps it would be better if I make legs slightly shorter rather than body longer, especially because his head size is on the smaller side. And yes of course, as I mentioned earlier in this topic his legs and hooves are still not done. Especially hooves are at very early stage.

Mangalarga wrote:
Other than that, he looks fine to me. I love the idea of windblown mane and tail - that always makes even a standing model more interesting Very Happy 

If you want more profound insight, I can send photos of him to my friend who knows a LOT about equine anatomy - maybe she could write more constructive critique for you ;)But she's quite busy with work at the moment so I can't promise quick response from her.

Btw, are you planning to release him in resin?

It would be extremely nice if your friend could look at this!! However maybe it would be better to send the photos when work will be on more advanced stage?

About copies, yes, there will be mold and copies of this model later. I don't know when, I'm not in hurry. I will write here and on FB when it's done Smile 

Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Yes, shortening the legs should improve him as well :)

Btw, you wrote that chestnut is unacceptable in this breed - it's true only for Polish studbook. I've read that they are accepted in Romania,Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary - studbooks in these countries do not accept pinto Huculs which are quite popular in Poland. 

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Elephants Rule

Elephants Rule

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 am

Wow! This model is fantastic!

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Thank you for your comments Magda and Elephants Rule!!!
Mangalarga wrote:
(...)

Btw, you wrote that chestnut is unacceptable in this breed - it's true only for Polish studbook. I've read that they are accepted in Romania,Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary - studbooks in these countries do not accept pinto Huculs which are quite popular in Poland. 
This is very interesting, I didn't know that! For me bay tobiano Hucul is perhaps the most typical colour :lol:Good to know it's only typical in Poland Very Happy

About his proportion, I'm not sure yet what with those legs. I measured his body length and height and he is 13cm long (of course not counting neck and head) and 12 high at withers so he is even few percent longer than higher. I'm not sure if shortening legs will change his proportion for better or worse scratch Maybe I will do a small simulation in Photoshop  Idea   

Well the work goes slowly further. I still didn't change the legs length and anything below knees and hocks isn't done yet. But I worked on mane and tail a bit. Tail is going to be longer than now but I must do it in two steps, probably the end of tail I will sculpt in different clay: Sculpey firm which I hope allows for creating thinner shapes, I will see (it must arrive first, just ordered today). Smile
I make also one of the ears bigger to match the size of other one, and the same with one of nostrils.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Beautiful work Anna! Applause  cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Looks amazing! I love the mane. I love you

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Love the mane I love you the way it's blowing in the wind, beautiful!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Love this incredible figure Ana !!Very Happy Very Happy
 About Sculpey Firm what are the characteristics of this clay? It is easier to work than Super Sculpey?study 

Congratulations again !!

Miguel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Ana wrote:
About his proportion, I'm not sure yet what with those legs. I measured his body length and height and he is 13cm long (of course not counting neck and head) and 12 high at withers so he is even few percent longer than higher. I'm not sure if shortening legs will change his proportion for better or worse scratch Maybe I will do a small simulation in Photoshop  Idea
I think it's his thick neck that makes his body look a bit out of proportion - his withers aren't so pronounced. On THIS photo he looks OK scratch
Photoshop simulation sound like a great idea - maybe it'll help finding what is off about him :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Thank you so much for comments everyone!!!!! cheers cheers flower flower sunny sunny 

@Magda, yes I will play with photos in Photoshop tomorrow, will try with thinner neck and maybe few other options, possibly I will post effects here also.  cyclops

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:19 pm

A beautieful horse Anna, phantastic work Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:40 pm

He's incredible. I cannot wait to see him done. bounce 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:01 am

Thank you for comments friends Very Happy cheers 

signatus wrote:
Love this incredible figure Ana !!Very Happy Very Happy
 About Sculpey Firm what are the characteristics of this clay? It is easier to work than Super Sculpey?study 

Congratulations again !!

Miguel
I forgot to answer. Well, I think Super Sculpey is much softer, however I will tell you for sure when the Sculpey Firm arrives (hopefully today or tomorrow) My hope is, if the Sculpey firm is harder it should also keep the thin shapes better scratch But I must just check it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:58 pm

OK after some experiments in PS I'm perhaps even more confused about what's correct and what's not. I guess horses' body proportion can vary a lot in different individuals. Well you can see the effects here and judge if any look more or less natural to your eyes? scratch

This is original, not changed horse:

This one has bigger hindquarter and head

This one has thinner neck

And the last one has more rounded belly and hindquarters AND thinner neck

Any ideas?  Very Happy  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:11 pm

I think the thinner neck looks good, but I'll leave that up to the people much more knowledgeable about horses and their anatomy than me. Wink Very Happy

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm really impressed with all of the detail you get into your animals. The muscles all look so realistic!

I'm sorry: I don't think I'm much help on the size changes. After doing an image search for Hucul ponies, it looks to me like maybe the one with the bigger hindquarters and head looks better.
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:58 pm

I'm also voting for thinner neck version :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks so much for comments friends! flower 

Mangalarga wrote:
I'm also voting for thinner neck version :)

Yes, after reviewing today I think I will do that way study 

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi, I have photos of Hucul after few more steps. Still several things to do before finish but I thought I will share photos of him at this level  Very Happy

Also I found website of good polish photographer, plenty of Huculs' photos there, have a look and enjoy Very Happy    http://peckiel.pl/huculy/

I'm thinking about name for him as most of artist resin horses do have own name. I consider slavic name would fit best, something like Halny (it's name of wind blowing in mountains) Triglav (one of slavic gods) or Perun (also slavic god, one of his symbols was black horse) I don't know which one would be best, probably native English speakers could tell me more about which one sounds interesting? :DI can consider other options if none of them is good.

Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Beautiful as always Anna! You are a master of sculpting Laughing The horse looks absolutely amazing! Applause Applause Applause 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)    Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hucul project, finished now! And it's called Wilga! :-)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next