Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?

Go down 
+4
schleich61
LeeAnn
AlienMantis
Numa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  Empty
PostSubject: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:51 pm

I absolutely love BoConcept, a modern Danish furniture company that has stunning and extremely expensive furniture.  There is a store near my work place in Central London and  I popped in today to browse the latest collection.  

I suddenly came across some wildlife sculpture made of a white stone resin material.  These have a small dip in their back to hold a candle and they are quite large and heavy.  They cost £19.00 each (approx 24 euros?) and I thought they were extremely cute and well made - good enough to buy as a decoration piece or even paint and turn them into realistic animal models.  However having inspected all three animals it occurred to me that they looked very similar to Schleich models!  All three are exactly the same as Schleich with the exception of the Rhino's neck having been slightly extended and turned to the left.  I think the Schleich models have been moulded and enlarged somehow.

Is this illegitimate copying or has Schleich given permission for their animals to be copied? The models are cute.....now if they copied the Kudu then I would have bought it instantly!  See images below:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Wow, first jewel cases, now candle holders? Im really curious, if this is legal :) Great find!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Wow, interesting! Congrats on this find.

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:15 am

AlienMantis wrote:
Wow, first jewel cases, now candle holders? Im really curious, if this is legal :) Great find!
I doubt it's legal, but obviously difficult to avoid for bigger companies. Copying like this is never ok, I guess scratch 

Great discovery though Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:25 pm

That is very interesting! Very Happy We don't know if Schleich gave permission to copy their figures or if they're just copied. What I know is that they are inspired in Schleich like you're pointing. Sometimes I think people see Schleich copies everywhere but here there is no doubts. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:11 am

schleich61 wrote:
AlienMantis wrote:
What's next - piggy banks?! Laughing 

And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:29 am

INTERESTING Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?    Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Market Place Copying: Designer Schleich Candle Stick holders?
Page 1 of 1