Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)

Go down 
+4
Ana
Florian
Kikimalou
Philter4
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 am

I finally finished a full sized wild Phoenix reobelenii, the dwarf date palm.  It comes from South East Asia, China, and Indonesia.  It has been introduced to several other countries, including India, from ornamental plants that have spread and are now naturalized and found in the wild.  

It took about 6 days to finish, mostly because of the trunk detail.  Here are several photos of the new addition, including the trunk details.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Trunk detail pictures.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:31 am

Amazing Very Happy 

You are doing a great job on the trunk. Looking at your last works, I thought you were improving a lot your technique on the trunks Wink 

I must say I love a lot the leaves too, I can't imagine how much time you need to spend for one leave Applause 
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:50 am

Great work. Congrats.Applause Applause Applause Cool 

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:48 am

Amazing palm! I love it! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:26 am

Great palm! I love the details on the trunk.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:31 am

Amazing work, I can only imagine how much time and effort is spent on one tree. Shocked 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:12 pm

You have an impressive "palmarès" full of magnificent trophies! cheers
That is another magnificent tree. cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 2:20 pm

A wonderful palm !! Great work again my friend cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)   Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm) Empty

Back to top Go down

Phoenix roebelenii palm (dwarf date palm)
Page 1 of 1