Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Animal Sculpts - *WIPs* Using Home-made Paper Clay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bjarki12

Country/State : USA/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Animal Sculpts - *WIPs* Using Home-made Paper Clay   Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:20 am

(Sorry not to write back sooner.) Whenever you get around to trying other types of clay, I'll be interested to hear what you think. I've tried Sculpey, plastolina, and wax, myself, and I can't really make up my mind which works best. I'll be interested to know how the paper clay compares!

Quote :
Anyone intersted in an armament tutorial?
Actually, yes! But I'd feel bad asking for you to dedicate the time to one, as I don't know if I'll get around to trying to follow it anytime soon. So there's no rush, but if you ever want to put a tutorial together, I'll be interested.

Thank again for sharing your work with us!
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Animal Sculpts - *WIPs* Using Home-made Paper Clay   Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 am

bjarki12: Sounds interesting. Yes, I am actually going to make some sculptures for Christmas presents, with real clay. (It's Mont Marte air-drying) It will be interesting to see how the two compare - given I haven't used 'real' clay before.
I have various sculpting ideas, though, and sometimes carving actually works better for me.

Say, what was the wax like to work with? That sounds so interesting, and I'd be very interested to see some WIPs and photos.....

And sure, I can have a go at an armament tutorial. At the moment I just have to get this month out of the way, and finish all my assignments, but then I should be able to do some more claywork in Dec. Be happy to post some.
Back to top Go down
signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Animal Sculpts - *WIPs* Using Home-made Paper Clay   Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 am

Very interesting technique and beautifull results Miss Jane !!love it !Shocked 

Miguel

Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Sculpts - *WIPs* Using Home-made Paper Clay   Today at 9:38 pm

Back to top Go down

Animal Sculpts - *WIPs* Using Home-made Paper Clay
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2