Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification

Go down 
+8
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
scot(t)
Roger
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
AlienMantis
ze_neto
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:54 am

Hey guys!
Last weekend I placed a question on Safari's Facebook page about the species on Cave dwellers toob. They gave me a generic answer: Okay, José, here goes: Cave Dwellers TOOB includes: Crayfish, Crab, Spider, Scorpion, Catfish, Milipede, Olm, and Eel.
I did some research, and identified (I think) almost all the species.
The toob:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Alabama cave crayfish (Cambarus jonesi)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Belize blind cave crab (Typhlopseudothelphusa acanthochela)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Arizona cave scorpion (Pseudouroctonus sp)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blind catfish (Rhamdiopsis krugi)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Great Basin Cave Millipede (Idagona lehmanensis)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Olm (Proteus anguinus)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blind cave eel (Ophisternon candidum)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I couldn't identify the spider:x

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Olm is enough popular to have it's own figurine? Shocked  WOW, how big is the figure? Very Happy 

ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:43 pm

AlienMantis wrote:
Olm is enough popular to have it's own figurine? Shocked  WOW, how big is the figure? Very Happy 
Thank God it is! I've been dreaming with this animal for a long time!

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Thankyou very, very much for identifying these animals.
It makes them a lot more interesting cheers 

ze_neto wrote:
[Thank God it is! I've been dreaming with this animal for a long time!
affraid What a nightmare Shocked Laughing Laughing

ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:08 pm

[quote="SUSANNE"]Thankyou very, very much for identifying these animals.
It makes them a lot more interesting cheers 

Glad you liked it! But I still need help to identify the spider! It looks like some sort of tarantula, but I could not find nothing of the sort.

Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:15 pm

AlienMantis wrote:
I think we're living in the Golden Age of Animal Miniatures!cheers 

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Possibly the spider is an "eyeless cave-dwelling huntsman spider"? scratch scratch 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Possibly the spider is an "eyeless cave-dwelling huntsman spider"? scratch scratch 

Don't you think that eyeless cave-dwelling huntsman spider's legs are thinner than the miniature's?

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:55 pm

ze_neto wrote:

Don't you think that eyeless cave-dwelling huntsman spider's legs are thinner than the miniature's?
I was thinking about that, but there has to be a point where the manufacturer cannot produce such thin pieces without it breaking in the mold. That was really all I could find on cave-dwelling spiders online. Razz 

AlienMantis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Oh, i see the problem in "human fish" Sad Hind leg should only have 2 toes No

ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 pm

ze_neto wrote:

I was thinking about that, but there has to be a point where the manufacturer cannot produce such thin pieces without it breaking in the mold. That was really all I could find on cave-dwelling spiders online. Razz 
Perhaps a Lygromma spider is closer to the figure.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Very interesting work, Zé Neto! cheers

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:59 am

that blind cave eel creeps me out.
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 3:25 am

Roger wrote:
Very interesting work, Zé Neto! cheers
Thank you, Rogério!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:57 am

It surely looks like a lygromma spider Applause 

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Hmm I don´t know if I should buy these :S On the one side, toobs are so expensive...on the other side I really need an Olm Razz
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Hmm I don´t know if I should buy these :S On the one side, toobs are so expensive...on the other side I really need an Olm Razz
I got no doubtd about it: I'll buy them all!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
I think they are quite inexpensive Shocked 

Six models for about 10 Euros, and it look like these are quite large Wink 

ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:29 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
I think they are quite inexpensive Shocked 

Six models for about 10 Euros, and it look like these are quite large  Wink 
Some toobs are quite dull, while other are superb: this year's backyard birds is beautiful. Let's hope the dwellers are as good.

Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 11:03 pm

I'm really fascinated, that olm is this popular. Did you ever go and see one in real?

ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 9:47 am

AlienMantis wrote:
I'm really fascinated, that olm is this popular. Did you ever go and see one in real?
Unfortunately, no. Although amphibians terrify me (it's a phobia), I'd love to see those human fish! Have you?

Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Yup. An aquarium with them inside is one of the bigger attractions in Postojna cave. They are surprisingly graceful and important in our biology science.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Thank you so much for this informations sunny sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Great, thanks so much for this effort. Was in preparation to start such a thread,...;-p
Yes, the "baby Dragon", Proteus anguinus, is definitely an animal with cultural influence.

Logan'sArk

PostSubject: Question about cave dwellers toob   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification EmptySat May 07, 2016 4:29 am

Do you guys know what species the animals from the cave dwellers toob are?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification   Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2014 Cave dwellers Identification
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next