Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models

Go down 
+20
Noémi
MiniZoo
Melekh
JonasV
littlebear
Elephants Rule
pm64
Kikimalou
Silver Unicornis
bjarki12
lucky luke
Florian
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
widukind
MartinH
Philter4
Ana
elephas_maximus
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
elephas_maximus

Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:18 am

Thanks LeeAnn, Jonas, Andreas, Lucky luke, Anna and MiniZoo
Melekh wrote:
Any news regarding the african elephant?

I have had to put the 3D sculpting on hold for a short while due to a busy schedule.  I will post here when I have updates on new releases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:05 am

HI there I checked out your shapeways page and thers is nothing there on sale. Do let me know when all your designs will be put up on the site. I have lost track of all the animals you are actually offering.

Also any ideas on purchasing painted versions of your models? Wondered if there were any future plans?
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Numaan: Shapeways has recently changed their pricing structure (highly inflated) and all my models were affected negatively by this, I have taken them down for the moment until I sort out a solution to this problem.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 1:08 am

elephas_maximus wrote:
Numaan:  Shapeways has recently changed their pricing structure (highly inflated) and all my models were affected negatively by this, I have taken them down for the moment until I sort out a solution to this problem.

Ok thanks for the update. I was hoping prices would come down. Hope you get this sorted.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:30 am

I wish you will find a good solution Andrew, I am saving money for your models drunken
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:36 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I wish you will find a good solution Andrew, I am saving money for your models drunken

Me too! affraid affraid

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 6:19 pm

I hope your wonderful models will be available again soon. I wanted to order the javan rhino for Xmas.
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:56 am

Hi everyone, I've noted previously that my shop was put on hold due to Shapeways recently changing their pricing policies. I've been in contact with them for a few weeks trying to find a solution but it seems that is not going to happen.

Nearly all my models are of large animals, (elephants, rhino) which doubled in price. The original pricing was already expensive but now it is a bit ridiculous. I don't want to offer highly inflated pricing for my models so I have decided to stop selling them for now. If I find another 3D printing site to setup a shop I will make a post on the forum.

The new pricing does allow for economical pricing of smaller figures so maybe I might release some smaller 1:22 species in the future.
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:48 am

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:48 am

elephas_maximus wrote:
Hi everyone, I've noted previously that my shop was put on hold due to Shapeways recently changing their pricing policies.  I've been in contact with them for a few weeks trying to find a solution but it seems that is not going to happen.  

Nearly all my models are of large animals, (elephants, rhino) which doubled in price.  The original pricing was already expensive but now it is a bit ridiculous.  I don't want to offer highly inflated pricing for my models so I have decided to stop selling them for now.  If I find another 3D printing site to setup a shop I will make a post on the forum.  

The new pricing does allow for economical pricing of smaller figures so maybe I might release some smaller 1:22 species in the future.

Oh! what a pity Andrew, I was very interested in purchasing your male elephant and also the female rhinoceros, and I was saving money for that. I hope you fins another place where they can be printed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:16 am

Joan Milelire wrote:
Oh! what a pity Andrew, I was very interested in purchasing your male elephant and also the female rhinoceros, and I was saving money for that. I hope you fins another place where they can be printed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sorry about that Joan, I know a lot of sellers on Shapeways have the same problem with their models double or tripling the original price.  It is very frustrating but I will have to find an alternative solution.  I will update on STS if I figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:37 pm

elephas_maximus wrote:
Joan Milelire wrote:

Sorry about that Joan, I know a lot of sellers on Shapeways have the same problem with their models double or tripling the original price.  It is very frustrating but I will have to find an alternative solution.  I will update on STS if I figure something out.

It is a shame Shapeways are doing this to designers like you. I thought prices would only go down once the technology is used more and more but clearly the opposite has happened.

Good luck anyway, I hope you find a solution and in particular - a solution to a painted model. I am unable to paint myself and would love to buy ready painted versions Very Happy Very Happy So in essence your customer base is already here and just waiting to order Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 5:58 pm

bad news Andrew, very bad news Sad

Couldn't you try to make smaller versions for 1:32 scale collectors ?
Back to top Go down
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Yes please, I'd love 1:32 scale Grevys!

Lennart
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:45 am

Kikimalou wrote:
bad news Andrew, very bad news Sad

Couldn't you try to make smaller versions for 1:32 scale collectors ?

That might be a possibility but that would take some time to convert all my models again and fix the settings.......maybe if I get some free time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 7:50 am

Thank you Andrew cheers
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Did you finish the African elephant? elephant
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 11:51 pm

Noémi wrote:
Did you finish the African elephant? elephant

That model was put on hold, I'm working on others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models   Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grevy's Zebra and Indian Elephant Models
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2