Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sartje

avatar

Country/State : Nederland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-10-23
Posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it should look more like this Rolling Eyes 

_________________
Sarieanne.


Schleich Count: 501
Papo Count: 20
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CreationsbySarieanne/
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2073

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
I´ve now readed on the first page, that the Bat is actually is a Flying Fox..is this confirmed or only speculation?scratch 
It's confirmed.

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:56 pm

I thought flying foxes were supposed to have a rusty-colored ring of fur around their neck? Or is this just another Schleich mistake? If I look at photos of flying foxes they all have that orange-ish color fur. scratch

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Bloodrayne

avatar

Country/State : Netherlands
Age : 47
Joined : 2012-12-14
Posts : 1409

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
I thought flying foxes were supposed to have a rusty-colored ring of fur around their neck? Or is this just another Schleich mistake? If I look at photos of flying foxes they all have that orange-ish color fur. scratch
There are many different sorts of flying foxes. study 
The one you're talking about with the rusty-colored ring of fur is Mariana flying fox.
Perhaps Schleich is making the Black flying fox.(?)


_________________
Simone  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
I thought flying foxes were supposed to have a rusty-colored ring of fur around their neck? Or is this just another Schleich mistake? If I look at photos of flying foxes they all have that orange-ish color fur. scratch
There are many different sorts of flying foxes. study 
The one you're talking about with the rusty-colored ring of fur is Mariana flying fox.
Perhaps Schleich is making the Black flying fox.(?)

Oh, okay, thank you! I didn't realize there were different types. study cheers 

You're probably right then, if I look at photos. It looks like it's supposed to be a Black Flying Fox. Very Happy Very Happy 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1019

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:50 pm

About the bat, it says Megabat (fruit bat) at MPV: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
Maja-Maus

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 31
Joined : 2012-08-11
Posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:13 am

I just love the lioness, she will be the first I will buy :)
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

avatar

Country/State : United States, Arizona
Age : 19
Joined : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1737

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Wow, you guys are awesome for sharing all these! Those dinos sure are very vibrant, lol! Very Happy

_________________
Kelsey  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
krista

avatar

Country/State : finland
Age : 32
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Tyler Loew wrote:
I would rather have the old whitetail family, these look way to fake, they almost look happy.  
What's wrong with happy deer?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I like my deer rather happy than depressed

_________________
Krista || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
Duck-Anch-Amun



Country/State : Luxembourg
Age : 27
Joined : 2010-12-29
Posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:01 pm

bojan wrote:
About the bat, it says Megabat (fruit bat) at MPV: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Oh ok thanks and many thanks to Arafan, too :)
Than, I've one figure more on my list Razz
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:15 pm

krista wrote:
Tyler Loew wrote:
I would rather have the old whitetail family, these look way to fake, they almost look happy.  
What's wrong with happy deer?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I like my deer rather happy than depressed
I agree it is a nice figure, but IMO it looks too similar to these ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What's the point in making the same pose over and over again?
To sum it up, I don't hate the figure, but I think I have seen it alraedy.

I am kidding, of course, I hope you don't mind I am paraphrasing you, but for any reason, some figures need to be more defended than others. flower Wink

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
krista

avatar

Country/State : finland
Age : 32
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Roger wrote:
krista wrote:
Tyler Loew wrote:
I would rather have the old whitetail family, these look way to fake, they almost look happy.  
What's wrong with happy deer?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I like my deer rather happy than depressed
I agree it is a nice figure, but IMO it looks too similar to these ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What's the point in making the same pose over and over again?
To sum it up, I don't hate the figure, but I think I have seen it alraedy.

I am kidding, of course, I hope you don't mind I am paraphrasing you, but for any reason, some figures need to be more defended than others.  :flower: ;)
Haha of course I'm not offended. : D 
And I wasn't particularly defending the new whitetails (I haven't even looked at the picture properly).
It's good that the old models get replaced, but once again the poses could be more interesting. Has any brand made for example a grazing deer?
But as you see, like every autumn, this forum gets full of negative comments and Schleich hate, and I just wanted to enlighten the mood with a picture of a happy deer.
And because I don't really understand why to mock a figure for looking happy, animals can feel happiness too.


EDIT: And you're definitely right about the look-a-likeness of the Safari deer :) I'm not sure about the Mojo one though.

_________________
Krista || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
bojan



Country/State : slovenia
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-01-04
Posts : 1019

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Krista, Bullyland made a really fine grazing Fallow Deer!
I think that the new Schleich White-tailed doe doesn't look happy, she looks really flirtatious! Wink  She'd fit well in one of Carola's comics! Razz

_________________
Bojan
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 pm

krista wrote:
I am kidding, of course, I hope you don't mind I am paraphrasing you, but for any reason, some figures need to be more defended than others. flower Wink
Haha of course I'm not offended. : D
And I wasn't particularly defending the new whitetails (I haven't even looked at the picture properly).
It's good that the old models get replaced, but once again the poses could be more interesting. Has any brand made for example a grazing deer?
But as you see, like every autumn, this forum gets full of negative comments and Schleich hate, and I just wanted to enlighten the mood with a picture of a happy deer.
And because I don't really understand why to mock a figure for looking happy, animals can feel happiness too.


EDIT: And you're definitely right about the look-a-likeness of the Safari deer :) I'm not sure about the Mojo one though. [/quote]Nice Krista that you're taking it in a friendly way. I know how much you love figures with a happy looking and it is a quite interesting fact. You and Kristie always shared a special and different way of collecting and I really enjoy it.

There are some vintage deers grazing but the only I know from a major brand is the Bullyland fallow deer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curiously, it looks that in contrast with Schleich, it is the poor face of major brands when it is really a company with a fantastic story, some really great species, figures and good poses. Though, it gets often forgoten even some of Bully animals have the biggest smile of this world. flower

Sorry for repeating Bojan, it was already written! geekVery Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
krista

avatar

Country/State : finland
Age : 32
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Roger and Bojan, thanks for reminding me about the Bullyland grazing fallow deer! Poor Bullyland, always gets neglected :'D

Roger wrote:
Nice Krista that you're taking it in a friendly way. I know how much you love figures with a happy looking and it is a quite interesting fact. You and Kristie always shared a special and different way of collecting and I really enjoy it.
Yes, that's true :) But they don't always have to be happy, as long as they have 'soul' or personality. Some figures may be perfect anatomically but if they look completely emotionless, they don't interest me that much. But this doesn't mean that I only love the ugly figures for their unique charm :D
I also try to collect the figures of my favourite animals.

But as we all have different styles to collect and different tastes, I find it unpleasant to stomp on Schleich every year, because it happens to be the most mainstream and the easiest brand to purchase. Of course they have their faults (like every brand I know), and constructive and reasonable critique is more than welcome, because it starts discussion. But straightforward flaming makes the athmosphere very negative and might make the people who like Schleich ashamed of their enthusiasm of the new figures. Eventhough releasing new figures should be a happy thing.

Hope I made myself clear and didn't sound a complete bitch... :/

_________________
Krista || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:49 pm

krista wrote:


But as we all have different styles to collect and different tastes, I find it unpleasant to stomp on Schleich every year, because it happens to be the most mainstream and the easiest brand to purchase. Of course they have their faults (like every brand I know), and constructive and reasonable critique is more than welcome, because it starts discussion. But straightforward flaming makes the athmosphere very negative and might make the people who like Schleich ashamed of their enthusiasm of the new figures. Eventhough releasing new figures should be a happy thing.  

Hope I made myself clear and didn't sound a complete bitch... :/
Krista, I am only quoting this part because all the previous I agree and already commented.
Honestly, I find the comments of this year, not very negative to the brand, mainly when compared with previous years. I agree that excessive criticism is not constructive and it explains why I haven't commented new Schleich dinosaurs.
Though, now it is my turn to tell you that it is not my style, being more tolerant with a main stream brand that is indifferent to our comments because it is confortable on market and more exigent and critics towards brands that still have a fragile position on market but that make everything to please us, releasing high quality figures instead of charming and half-fantasied figures under the educational label. If you read carefully this topic, you'll see that the most negative comments towards new Schleich figures are from the old and faithful collectors of the brand and not from those that never appreciated Schleich style. flower Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
krista

avatar

Country/State : finland
Age : 32
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Roger wrote:

Krista, I am only quoting this part because all the previous I agree and already commented.
Honestly, I find the comments of this year, not very negative to the brand, mainly when compared with previous years. I agree that excessive criticism is not constructive and it explains why I haven't commented new Schleich dinosaurs.
Though, now it is my turn to tell you that it is not my style, being more tolerant with a main stream brand that is indifferent to our comments because it is confortable on market and more exigent and critics towards brands that still have a fragile position on market but that make everything to please us, releasing high quality figures instead of charming and half-fantasied figures under the educational label. If you read carefully this topic, you'll see that the most negative comments towards new Schleich figures are from the old and faithful collectors of the brand and not from those that never appreciated Schleich style. :flower::D
You're right Roger, the comments haven't been half as bad as for example last year. Here on this topic people have been discussing in quite civilised manner.
Maybe I'm still living in the past :D
But there has been rather nasty comments in the other brands' topics regarding Schleich. Of course people are allowed to compare brands and like one brand better than another, but especially in the internet, phrasing matters so much more than in real life discussion.
And I hope you know that my criticism of manners is not targeted towards you, because I like the way you write and appreciate your debating skills. :)



By the way, I think that one of the problems that Schleich has is their catalogue pictures. They are too focused and sharpened on the texture of the figure which makes them look odd. Usually in real life the figures look better... They should rethink the way they photograph their figures ...

_________________
Krista || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
Saarlooswolfhound

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-06-16
Posts : 4393

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:06 pm

I agree with all krista and roger said. My main issue with negative comments is that not every animal is totally common looking and "realistic" in the sense that they all should look a specific way. I've said it before that all animals are different like people, and may have different proportions from each other. Anyways, the only time I find a figure bad is when the anatomy is totally wrong or the figure totally weird looking. This just my opinion though.

_________________
-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:35 pm

krista wrote:
Roger wrote:

Krista, I am only quoting this part because all the previous I agree and already commented.
Honestly, I find the comments of this year, not very negative to the brand, mainly when compared with previous years. I agree that excessive criticism is not constructive and it explains why I haven't commented new Schleich dinosaurs.
Though, now it is my turn to tell you that it is not my style, being more tolerant with a main stream brand that is indifferent to our comments because it is confortable on market and more exigent and critics towards brands that still have a fragile position on market but that make everything to please us, releasing high quality figures instead of charming and half-fantasied figures under the educational label. If you read carefully this topic, you'll see that the most negative comments towards new Schleich figures are from the old and faithful collectors of the brand and not from those that never appreciated Schleich style. flowerVery Happy
You're right Roger, the comments haven't been half as bad as for example last year. Here on this topic people have been discussing in quite civilised manner.
Maybe I'm still living in the past Very Happy
But there has been rather nasty comments in the other brands' topics regarding Schleich. Of course people are allowed to compare brands and like one brand better than another, but especially in the internet, phrasing matters so much more than in real life discussion.
And I hope you know that my criticism of manners is not targeted towards you, because I like the way you write and appreciate your debating skills. :)


By the way, I think that one of the problems that Schleich has is their catalogue pictures. They are too focused and sharpened on the texture of the figure which makes them look odd. Usually in real life the figures look better... They should rethink the way they photograph their figures ...

Krista, thanks for your kind words and of course I know your criticism is not targeted towards me! Very Happy
I have a different perception to what is happening on other brands threads. Most people is not really being nasty with the brand to ridicule their figures, actually, I think many people wished those great figures and unusual species of other brands were in fact Schleich releases. Idea Why? take the example of Mojo and Schleich lionesses, we are happy anytime there's a new figure, specially when it looks excelent as it is the case of the Mojo. The Schleich is surely not bad but clearly it doesn't look as promising. But when will we see the Schleich one? In January, in a local shop with all the excitment of seeing new figures and having the chance of choosing one of the copies. ... and the Mojo? When we'll see it? Probably very late on the year with the big disadvantage of being needed to be ordered online with all extra shipping costs and without the chance of choosing the best of the shop. Thinking well, it would be great that all good 2014 releases were Schleich but it was much better if we had the chance of finding all brands locally or if Schleich was less conservative and stopped this exagerated children targeted lines. study
With what Schleich told me directly and to other collectors on STS, I don't believe Schleich will change their commercial strategy, they even are offering the brand to Matel what explains the Barbie style of some figures. flower I love you
I really wish instead that market turn more balanced and that soon we can find these new brands everywhere because I think they are putting quality in high levels and they deserve it. Very Happy

About pictures you're right, the main difference between some old and newer Schleich versions is their texture, when you read people saying they are detailed, it is exactly because of the rich texture, a paradigmatic sign of what is modern and not. But proportions, muscular expression, are also important to make a great figure. However, Schleich insists in focusing their catalogue pictures to show how textured their figures are. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gulogulo76

avatar

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA
Age : 40
Joined : 2012-11-15
Posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:14 am

I'm personally looking forward with great interest to the black flying fox and the chipmunk. As well as tge new hedgehog. Schleich'sahedgehog. Yes, it's attatched to a "base", as is the chipmunk, but I like Schleich hedgehogs. I have the old retired one which is on the base, and Beatrice and Yvette have sent me the little mini "hogs," but I still need the current ones before they remove them from the market. Perhaps my mum will surprise me with them on my birthday. Laughing Seriously though, I'll agree that lately Schleich's sculpts have run the wide gamut between naturalustic and "happy critters," but I'll still buy them. Personally, I like the wild Safari deer the most, but that doesn't mean I dislike Schleich.
Back to top Go down
krista

avatar

Country/State : finland
Age : 32
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Roger wrote:


Krista, thanks for your kind words and of course I know your criticism is not targeted towards me! :D
I have a different perception to what is happening on other brands threads. Most people is not really being nasty with the brand to ridicule their figures, actually, I think many people wished those great figures and unusual species of other brands were in fact Schleich releases. :idea:Why? take the example of Mojo and Schleich lionesses, we are happy anytime there's a new figure, specially when it looks excelent as it is the case of the Mojo. The Schleich is surely not bad but clearly it doesn't look as promising. But when will we see the Schleich one? In January, in a local shop with all the excitment of seeing new figures and having the chance of choosing one of the copies. ... and the Mojo? When we'll see it? Probably very late on the year with the big disadvantage of being needed to be ordered online with all extra shipping costs and without the chance of choosing the best of the shop. Thinking well, it would be great that all good 2014 releases were Schleich but it was much better if we had the chance of finding all brands locally or if Schleich was less conservative and stopped this exagerated children targeted lines. :study: 
With what Schleich told me directly and to other collectors on STS, I don't believe Schleich will change their commercial strategy, they even are offering the brand to Matel what explains the Barbie style of some figures. :flower::heart:
I really wish instead that market turn more balanced and that soon we can find these new brands everywhere because I think they are putting quality in high levels and they deserve it. :D

About pictures you're right, the main difference between some old and newer Schleich versions is their texture, when you read people saying they are detailed, it is exactly because of the rich texture, a paradigmatic sign of what is modern and not. But proportions, muscular expression, are also important to make a great figure. However, Schleich insists in focusing their catalogue pictures to show how textured their figures are.  :D
I understand your point of view, but I have to say that in order to succeed in this market, the more versatile the brand is, the more they can succeed.
I'm not sure where all the money Schleich gets comes from (Fantasy figures? Horses? Cute and common animals?), but I'm sure that the brand would go down very quickly if only animal collectors would buy that brand. I know there are lots of us, but after all, not so many on the larger scale.
So I'm happy if the brand can afford to make even one or two lesser known animals every year, even though they will never be the bestseller figures and producing them might actually cost them more money than profit.

And the same goes for Mojo and the lesser known brands, they have to make also common animals (for example this year's lioness, zebra etc) to stay alive in the business. They have to make figures that would sell also as toys.

I don't know if Schleich selling the business or part of it to Mattel is bad, actually. I think that they would sell only their fantasy line to Mattel. That could turn out good. But you never know.

And as for all the stores stocking up only Schleich. It's mostly up to the storeowners and importers. The biggest toy store chain here (and also the local Toys R Us, i think) tried to have Schleich and CollectA simultaneously (or even replacing Schleich with CollectA, I don't know??), but it probably wasn't profitable, since they got rid of the CollectA stock pretty soon....

.... I don't know if it's pointless to say this in this point os the conversation, but Schleich is not my favourite brand (I don't really prefer any brand, except I have a really soft spot for Re-ment for some reason), I just try to understand the strategy and vision of every company.

One of my dreams is to have a store (not a webstore, but a "real" local one) that sells only animal figures. Of all the major brands. It would be targeted to collectors and children. But instead of plush toys, it would sell only plastic animals. But, as sad as it is, the company would crash and burn very quickly. So it's only a dream. :)

_________________
Krista || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
Tyler Loew

avatar

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-08-24
Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 am

Sorry to cause all of the arguments of the new whitetails Shocked , I meant to say that (in my opinion) Schleich seems to be making figures that appeal to young children which is brilliant because they will sell more items. The only thing about that is that the realism of the figures starts to decrease, thus making them seem almost comical. In recent years Schleich has added ribbons and bows to their horses hair which has made sales shoot through the roof. So, this has turned out to be great for the company. What I really meant (and I should have said this in the beginning) is that, me being someone who likes to collect realistic and life like figures, I am somewhat disappointed. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Takama

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 25
Joined : 2012-07-12
Posts : 1799

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:16 am

I personally like Schleich's modern animal figures as I find the to be very detailed even if there a little cutesy or cartoonish.

What I don't like, is the fact that they retire everything after a year or too.

_________________
List of Collection Topics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]        
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-06-16
Posts : 4393

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 am

Tyler Loew wrote:
Sorry to cause all of the arguments of the new whitetails Shocked , I meant to say that (in my opinion) Schleich seems to be making figures that appeal to young children which is brilliant because they will sell more items. The only thing about that is that the realism of the figures starts to decrease, thus making them seem almost comical. In recent years Schleich has added ribbons and bows to their horses hair which has made sales shoot through the roof. So, this has turned out to be great for the company. What I really meant (and I should have said this in the beginning) is that, me being someone who likes to collect realistic and life like figures, I am somewhat disappointed. Rolling Eyes 
You didn't start an argument, you started a discussion. Wink I see where schleich is going with their tactic of cuter figures, I only wish that they would rather select some figures that would fit their bill of cute animals to boost sales (like the hedgies), and instead keep a somewhat more regular line of figures (again as Roger said selecting some recognizable but different species like the penguin is a great idea since it appeals to mostly both parties). Like I said, yes they have to make money, and the more the better, however I just wish they realized that not everyone likes that style, and would rather have some more lifelike figures as well.
Back to top Go down
krista

avatar

Country/State : finland
Age : 32
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Tyler Loew wrote:
Sorry to cause all of the arguments of the new whitetails :shock: , I meant to say that (in my opinion) Schleich seems to be making figures that appeal to young children which is brilliant because they will sell more items. The only thing about that is that the realism of the figures starts to decrease, thus making them seem almost comical. In recent years Schleich has added ribbons and bows to their horses hair which has made sales shoot through the roof. So, this has turned out to be great for the company. What I really meant (and I should have said this in the beginning) is that, me being someone who likes to collect realistic and life like figures, I am somewhat disappointed. :roll: 
You weren't causing argument, only discussion, which is a good thing. And actually, my reply to you was meant to taken in a humorous way, the reply I sent to you was kind of a joke, but it was probably misinterpret to be more serious than it actually was.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I'm interested, do you have any statistic or proof about Schleich sales. Are the ribboned horses really their bestsellers, because I honestly don't know. It would be awesome if Schleich published every year some sort of a statistic of which figures have been the most sold in which countries. :D


Takama wrote:
What I don't like, is the fact that they retire everything after a year or too.
I've never quite grasped that way of thinking. Retiring figures after only a few years is going to raise their value as a collectable item.
Ok, I don't collect figures to become rich later (that's not realistic, figures aren't a good investment), but doesn't everyone like to own rare figures?
And since information of the soon to be retired figures is out very early, you still have lots of time to purchase the figures you still want.

And my other reason why I don't see the retirement as a bad thing:
I like to have many different versions of the same animal. For example the Schleich fox... It's interesting to compare them and see how the brand has evolved.

_________________
Krista || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:01 pm

krista wrote:
Are the ribboned horses really their bestsellers, because I honestly don't know. It would be awesome if Schleich published every year some sort of a statistic of which figures have been the most sold in which countries. Very Happy
I hope you don't feel I'm intruding on this conversation, but I find it very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the braided ponies are one of the best sellers, if not the best seller - I mean, they have a whole page on the website now all about braids on real horses and the models they sell that have braids. I can't imagine they would have that whole page if the braids didn't sell well. Or maybe that's their marketing strategy to get people to buy them and they're doing poorly. I don't know, and probably will never know. But that's Schleich's business. Smile

I agree, that would be really neat if Schleich published a statistical figure of the models that sold in different countries, even if it was a small little thing with pie graphs hidden in one of the dark corners of the site. Not that it's important to collectors, just interesting.

I have a feeling though, that with these (IMHO, creepy) new 2014 Bayala "creatures" will rise close to the top of the bestselling list. Little girls will probably go nuts, as long as they don't get nightmares! Laughing Wink 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
toydreamer

avatar

Country/State : Australia
Age : 48
Joined : 2012-08-19
Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:25 am

Schleich 2014 looking good. Like the new Bayala.

Have a list here, probably full of mistakes. Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Sorry, not trying to plug site, just to inform... though hard to inform the informed. :) )



Does Pot-Bellied Pig translate to Poot billed pig ?

Back to top Go down
http://www.toydreamer.com.au
krista

avatar

Country/State : finland
Age : 32
Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:09 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
krista wrote:
Are the ribboned horses really their bestsellers, because I honestly don't know. It would be awesome if Schleich published every year some sort of a statistic of which figures have been the most sold in which countries. :D
I hope you don't feel I'm intruding on this conversation, but I find it very interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the braided ponies are one of the best sellers, if not the best seller - I mean, they have a whole page on the website now all about braids on real horses and the models they sell that have braids. I can't imagine they would have that whole page if the braids didn't sell well. Or maybe that's their marketing strategy to get people to buy them and they're doing poorly. I don't know, and probably will never know. But that's Schleich's business. e:)

I agree, that would be really neat if Schleich published a statistical figure of the models that sold in different countries, even if it was a small little thing with pie graphs hidden in one of the dark corners of the site. Not that it's important to collectors, just interesting.

I have a feeling though, that with these (IMHO, creepy) new 2014 Bayala "creatures" will rise close to the top of the bestselling list. Little girls will probably go nuts, as long as they don't get nightmares! :lol: ;) 
Not at all, of course everyone is welcome to join the discussion! The more opinions the better <3

You're probably right on that the ribboned horses have sold well, because they're releasing more of them. And if they have even made a web page for braided horses (I didn't know that : ) ).

If that statistic would be published, it would be so interesting to compare the list of each countries! I'd like to know if the same figures are the best sellers in each country or do they have variation depending on where they have been sold. ... I'm so into stats and stuff like this! :'''D

I actually find the new pastel colored Bayala creatures (the baby "lynx" and the "squirrel" etc) very cute, a bit odd but still adorable! I understand how some people probably dislike them. But I like all kinds of cute slash creepy stuff. Probably I've been influenced by the Japanese cute culture for too long in my life :'D

But if it's true that Schleich is selling some of their series to Mattel, I'm sure it would be Bayala. And I think that it would fit in Mattel's brand very well. They could actually produce an animation series for the toy line (like they have done for years. Monster High and Ever After High being the latest...). And that's why I don't see it as a bad thing. It would separate the toy lines and Schleich could focus more on making realistic animal figures. :)

_________________
Krista || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://zombiebambiraptor.blogspot.com/
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:16 pm

toydreamer wrote:
Does Pot-Bellied Pig translate to Poot billed pig ?
I think that's just a typo. Wink scratch 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:18 pm

toydreamer wrote:
Have a list here, probably full of mistakes. Razz
Wow, some of those are really expensive... did the prices go up again? Shocked Shocked scratch study 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:22 pm

krista wrote:
You're probably right on that the ribboned horses have sold well, because they're releasing more of them. And if they have even made a web page for braided horses (I didn't know that : ) ).
Yes, see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

krista wrote:
But if it's true that Schleich is selling some of their series to Mattel, I'm sure it would be Bayala.
And I'm starting to think the horses would go to Mattel as well. It wouldn't surprise me, but it wouldn't be a pleasant surprise.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
krista wrote:
You're probably right on that the ribboned horses have sold well, because they're releasing more of them. And if they have even made a web page for braided horses (I didn't know that : ) ).
Yes, see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

krista wrote:
But if it's true that Schleich is selling some of their series to Mattel, I'm sure it would be Bayala.
And I'm starting to think the horses would go to Mattel as well. It wouldn't surprise me, but it wouldn't be a pleasant surprise.
I also think horses are Matel oriented. Only a little correction, Schleich is not being sold to Matel. Schleich was being sold to anyone who wanted to pay 200 millions. Euros. Reading their communications, it was obvious that their goal was to sell the brand to Matel because it was one of the few that would be interested in paying such a high amount of money. Though, they only received offers about 160 millions, a price lower than what HGCapitals needed to pay to buy it in 2006.
I don't know the best sellers of Schleich but their best known series are Smurfs.
Remember new step Schleich is giving in 2015 with DC Comics figures like batman, superman, etc. animals are not important in their line and about Batman, curious that they're launching a bat, isn't it?

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:56 pm

Roger wrote:
I also think horses are Matel oriented. Only a little correction, Schleich is not being sold to Matel. Schleich was being sold to anyone who wanted to pay 200 millions.  Euros. Reading their communications, it was obvious that their goal was to sell the brand to Matel because it was one of the few that would be interested in paying such a high amount of money. Though, they only received offers about 160 millions, a price lower than what HGCapitals needed to pay to buy it in 2006.
I don't know the best sellers of Schleich but their best known series are Smurfs.
Remember new step Schleich is giving in 2015 with DC Comics figures like batman, superman, etc. animals are not important in their line and about Batman, curious that they're launching a bat, isn't it?
This is very interesting. Seems Schleich is getting desperate, doesn't it? They sold (partially) to HGCapitals. Now HGCapitals is selling (partially or complete?) to (hopefully) Mattel. And they're changing the Bayala line to a new style with clothing, stationery, and novelties, as well as new creature-things. And they're partnering with DCComics for 2015 with Batman characters and such. All these new things... It sounds like they're struggling. Oh, and don't forget all of the SE's! Either they're trying to keep their head above the water or they're trying to get the money pile they're floating in even higher! Laughing 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2073

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:07 pm

WOW! Shocked I'm VERY impressed!

I've also found this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm even more impressed! affraid 

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
WOW! Shocked I'm VERY impressed!
Me too! I'm curious about the brown and white ponies, and the blue riding set... bounce 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Mangalarga wrote:
WOW! Shocked I'm VERY impressed!
Me too! I'm curious about the brown and white ponies, and the blue riding set... bounce 
Me too! The seem to be better than the single horses - I think they might come with these riding sets.

And as I'm writing, I've found this :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Little less impressed now Razz

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-02-06
Posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Looks amazing i want it

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:30 pm

Interesting, I commented some time ago that these new Schleich horses should be sold as Junior lines and that Schleich should make a line or sets with horses more according with good Schleich tradition. I need to see them first but I like one of them. Very Happy

_________________
~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-02-06
Posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:34 pm

arafan wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wow i love this one is one of the most wonderful set

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9632

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:55 pm

I think this new stable and some of riders look really fine!! Wow, now I want to buy it and play Shocked 

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2073

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Ana wrote:
I think this new stable and some of riders look really fine!! Wow, now I want to buy it and play Shocked 
Me too Laughing

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A-J

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-05-11
Posts : 1257

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:14 pm

arafan wrote:
Ana wrote:
I think this new stable and some of riders look really fine!! Wow, now I want to buy it and play Shocked 
Me too Laughing
Laughing Laughing me three, or create a whole town drunken  (if only I had some space Rolling Eyes )

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Anne-Joke [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Elros Alvar

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-02-06
Posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:16 pm

A-J wrote:
arafan wrote:
Ana wrote:
I think this new stable and some of riders look really fine!! Wow, now I want to buy it and play Shocked 
Me too Laughing
Laughing Laughing me three, or create a whole town drunken  (if only I had some space Rolling Eyes )
lol!  Me tto but I must get space for bayala, not also horses Razz 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Mangalarga wrote:
WOW! Shocked I'm VERY impressed!
Me too! I'm curious about the brown and white ponies, and the blue riding set... bounce 
Me too! The seem to be better than the single horses - I think they might come with these riding sets.

And as I'm writing, I've found this :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Little less impressed now Razz
I like the riding set, but the person has a fish face! Laughing cyclops

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10263

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
A-J wrote:
arafan wrote:
Ana wrote:
I think this new stable and some of riders look really fine!! Wow, now I want to buy it and play Shocked 
Me too Laughing
Laughing Laughing me three, or create a whole town drunken  (if only I had some space Rolling Eyes )
lol!  Me tto but I must get space for bayala, not also horses Razz 
Me fifth! Laughing Laughing 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Elros Alvar

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-02-06
Posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Official 2014 Bayala teddy horses Shocked 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2073

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Official 2014 Bayala teddy  horses  Shocked 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Oh my godness lol! 

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
A-J

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-05-11
Posts : 1257

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Official 2014 Bayala teddy  horses  Shocked 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wait, does it really say ...ds/2013/10/Bayala_Barbie_Salesfolder2_201... Shocked

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Anne-Joke [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Elros Alvar

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-02-06
Posts : 3289

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:30 pm

A-J wrote:
Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Official 2014 Bayala teddy  horses  Shocked 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wait, does it really say ...ds/2013/10/Bayala_Barbie_Salesfold... Shocked 
yes Laughing Is from a brand that also make barbie teddy horses Laughing 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)   

Back to top Go down
 
Schleich 2014 (List with pictures, and colours)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Schleich 2014 retired complete list
» Schleich 2017 List with Links to Pictures - Final Update, September 6th
» Schleich 2014 Catalogue
» Schleich Retired List 2016
» Schleich 2016 List of Releases With Pictures!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: