Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah

Go down 
+10
lucky luke
widukind
arafan
A-J
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
NightLioness
LeeAnn
Ana
AlvinCK
14 posters
AuthorMessage
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah Empty
PostSubject: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Just a few days ago I had the fortunate chance to find out one of my local mall bookstores was carrying Takara Tomy animals. They were stashed among other Tomica car boxes, all animals in the series but I got only the cheetah and the tiger due to a tight wallet Embarassed 

One of the things I love about the figures is that they have articulation. But some of the animals have articulations at parts of the body where it does not look natural, luckily the cheetah and tiger have articulations at the mouth. The paintwork is poor, but a decent sculpt of the animals made me give them a repaint. I also sealed off the articulation joints where it was visible with epoxy.

Cheetah
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

mouth closed

mouth open

Tiger

Mouth closed

Mouth open

Somehow the tiger became reddish in colour, Embarassed Embarassed 

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Great repaints!! Congrats!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 pm

They are beautiful! I've never heard of this brand. Congrats! cheers

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:13 pm

They are beautiful, love the way you hide the joint so it looks very natural Very Happy Applause 
Do you have front photos of their faces??

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Very, very interesting models, and FABULOUS repaints cheers 

Tey look like they just spotted a nice dinner, sniffing with open mouth as cats do when they are very exited Very Happy 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Great job! Especially hiding the hinge, they look fantastic. Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:17 pm

They look awesome cheers much better than the originals

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Beautiful, I love them! Very Happy cheers

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks all, Smile For the hinges, I use just a small amount of epoxy, to stuff into the holes, then move the jaw to make sure the epoxy doesn't fall off when it moves.

Nightlioness, here is front facing pics of the cats. They are small, that can fit into the palm, is why the face painting very rough, I'm not used to have steady hands for painting small details. Embarassed Embarassed 

Susanne, now I learnt something new, I didn't know cats open their mouths when they smell food, must be the tuna sandwich I had earlier What a Face Shocked scratch
I think he's really hungry now....Laughing 

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Welcome back:-)

That are wonderful additions and a great repaint:-) Have you a booklet for this animals or can you say me other animals from this serie please:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Great repaints! Congrats8) Applause Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Hanne

Hanne

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Wow they are beautifull! very inpressive! cheers 
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 6:54 pm

Thank you for the extra photos, you did a great job! For someone who hasn't a steady hand, they look gorgeous <3

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 pm

tiger's really great!congrats!

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:44 am

So beautiful! The cheetah is especially stunning; so elegant!

Applause Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Thanks again, everyone :)

Andreas, yes is good to be back and spend more time on this forum with all of you Very Happy

Unfortunately I don't have the packaging box with me right now, there are only these two cards each that came with the figures.

But here is a link to these toy products, which you can view at Takara Tomy Ania
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Wonderful repaints! They look much better with closed mouth though :)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah   Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah Empty

Back to top Go down

Repainting Takara Tomy Tiger and Cheetah
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: