Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo

Go down 
+7
75senta75
Ana
LeeAnn
Philter4
NightLioness
SUSANNE
widukind
11 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo Empty
PostSubject: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 7:52 am

I got from blackdanter this phantastic lot of animal figurines- thank you sunny 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:31 am

Fantastic gems !!!! Congratulations, Andreas Very Happy 

It is incredible the beautyful models that come from Japan Applause 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:44 am

Thank you Susanne:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:49 am

Those are beautiful! Can you post photos of then out of their plastic bags?
I'm curious about the marine mammals <3

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 11:17 am

I love the yasha goby/pistol shrimp pair in the first photo!  

That is not only a fantastic model but an incredible symbiotic relationship between two types of animals!  The shrimp are almost blind (even though in the model it shows him as having fully formed eyes in life they do not, if they have eyes at all they are vestigial) but the goby can see very well, the goby needs a place to hide from predators, so the two have formed a friendship, the shrimp constantly touches the goby with it's very long front antenna and when a predator comes it warns the blind shrimp and both hide in the burrow dug by the shrimp.  The goby also can see any food that comes near the entrance of the burrow and shares any food it gets with its burrow digging friend!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Wonderful additions, congrats!

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:34 pm

Many many thanks friends sunny sunny sunny

@Nightlioness, yes it is possible and i will share pics soon sunny 

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Philter4 wrote:

That is not only a fantastic model but an incredible symbiotic relationship between two types of animals!  The shrimp are almost blind (even though in the model it shows him as having fully formed eyes in life they do not, if they have eyes at all they are vestigial) but the goby can see very well, the goby needs a place to hide from predators, so the two have formed a friendship, the shrimp constantly touches the goby with it's very long front antenna and when a predator comes it warns the blind shrimp and both hide in the burrow dug by the shrimp.  The goby also can see any food that comes near the entrance of the burrow and shares any food it gets with its burrow digging friend!
Many many thanks my friend. I search in the internet but i dont find anything. Now i know the specie names sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny 

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Congratulations Andreas!!! cheers

Philter4 wrote:

That's very interesting! Thank you for writing this Phil. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Thank you Anna sunny sunny 

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:23 pm

As usual - very special ones! Very nice, Andreas!sunny 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Thank you Yvette☀ sunny 

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 4:01 am

Thanks for sharing this lot of unusual animals.Applause Applause 

Japan brings many animals to our collections.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:08 am

Thank you Fernando:-)

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:38 am

widukind wrote:

cheers  cheers  cheers  sunny 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:29 pm

NightLioness wrote:
widukind wrote:

cheers  cheers  cheers  sunny 

Back to top Go down
Jolly Reaper

Jolly Reaper

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyThu May 17, 2018 8:38 am

Oh! I have belugas too! The seller said that these figures "were intended for sale at some Japanese aquarium attraction as some are named in Japanese and some are labelled 'Another Aquarium' which would indicate that these are the demo pieces." (c)
And I very want to get the orca with calf.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyThu May 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Very interesting :). I will look if i have the orca :)

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyThu May 17, 2018 8:08 pm

They really are brilliant! I like the symbiotic figurine:)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyThu May 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 2:54 pm

widukind wrote:

this snapping shrimp/goby combination is by a company called For Corporation (yes, that's their name). I had Brett order me one through is contact but it looks like it may have gotten lost in mail while in Japan! Boo.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 5:15 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

this snapping shrimp/goby combination is by a company called For Corporation (yes, that's their name). I had Brett order me one through is contact but it looks like it may have gotten lost in mail while in Japan! Boo.

Thanks, interesting information :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 5:44 pm

newcomers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo   The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo Empty

Back to top Go down

The new unknown japanese (style?) animals in my zoo
Page 1 of 1