Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?

Go down 
+17
Sergey
SUSANNE
Roger
DaveScriv
Duma
Saarlooswolfhound
QuollMate
arafan
Tove
widukind
AlopexLagopus
Ana
Carola
trevok4
Dum_my
LeeAnn
NightLioness
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Neven Florian wrote:
Here is my collection. I have also some figures in boxes.
I use a lot of decorations for aquarium (rocks and wild trees).
I have a pet shop not far from my house where they sell decorations that are very realistic and not "kitchs" because it's often with decorations that are often too bright.
Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause cheers 

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 12:22 am

Thank you Sergey. Very Happy Very Happy 

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 2:12 pm

I sort my bear per species, brown+grizzly, polar, panda .... Each species on its own shelf in a large glass vitrine.
On the shelf i arrange them by size or position; walking left to right, rigth to left, standing upright, sitting, lying down.
Large ones at the back, small ones upfront.
I do have to think off a new way to raise the figures at back of the shelves as you cant see them as good. I used to cut-up cardboard toilet rolls but as the largers animals are at the back i need a more sturdy base.
For the polar bears shelf i thought of styrofoam blocks from TV or other household appliances, but uptill now i was nog happy with the look.
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
I sort my bear per species, brown+grizzly, polar, panda .... Each species on its own shelf in a large glass vitrine.
On the shelf i arrange them by size or position; walking left to right, rigth to left, standing upright, sitting, lying down.
Large ones at the back, small ones upfront.
I do have to think off a new way to raise the figures at back of the shelves as you cant see them as good. I used to cut-up cardboard toilet rolls but as the largers animals are at the back i need a more sturdy base.
For the polar bears shelf  i thought of styrofoam blocks from TV or other household appliances, but uptill now i was nog happy with the look.

Perhaps it is worth trying the traditional method of landscaping, papier-mâché, sprayed white to represent ice/snow for polar bears, or sprayed/brush painted as appropriate to represent a rocky ledge, perhaps with some vegetation as used for model railway layouts.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 3:08 pm

I am so not arts-and-crafty, so that would be one project doomed to fail, taking up way too much time and space.
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Ah, I was looking for a topic like this - looks like I found it! cheers

At this moment, I arrange most of my animals by species/types. I do have some exceptions, such as my Albert Heijn WWF figurines. They are all together in one selve, arranged by series Very Happy
Yet sometimes I have the urge to arrange them by brand scratch Especially the small K&M and Play Visions figurines..

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Why I never answered in this topic is one more STS mystery for me Laughing

All my animals are on shelves, no more boxes for me. I ahve different way of arrangement. I have a display for old Hollowcast lead and also a few small scaled composition animals. They are arranged more or less by continent.

I have a display for my "big" composition animals, also more or less by continent.

I have a display for reptiles and amphibians, arranged more or less by genus.

I have a diplay for Prehistoric animals arranged more or less in a toxonmic way.

I have nearly two displays for postwar vintage plastic stuff (with a few modern small adds), mostly arranged by continents, except for Clairet and two sheves of 50's animals.

I have four displays for modern style animals, arraged sometimes by continent and sometimes by taxonomy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2