Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
koniminiatures
6 posters
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:38 am

Shown in this walkaround are the Series 1 orange (BTW, does anyone know of a more accurate colour description to include the model's head markings?) and Series 2 red cap (tanchou) colourways of the oranda goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus) in the Aquarium Fish In Colour/Aquarium Golden Fish series made by Yujin and Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. These were sculpted by a chap going by the moniker KOW.

Like all of the fish in the series (well, the ones I've seen), the models are extremely well made, lifelike and highly detailed, with meticulously sculpted scales, translucent fins and gradually intensifying metallic overtones to their multihued paintwork. The figures are 6cm long and comprise of a transparent support rod, a "stony" base (the dull and bluish paintwork of which is in my opinion the only weakness of both models), an aquatic plant, and the fish themselves. The support rods on both models are slightly bent and their orientation may be altered by rotating them on the base, thereby slightly changing the angle the fish "swim" in.

The oranda goldfish is a further mutated form of the common goldfish (walkaround [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), which itself is a mutated form of the common carp. For decorative purposes, they are bred for a round, deep and short body shape completely different from the original form of the species. They also sport elongated, soft, veil-like fins. These modifications make these fish significantly poorer swimmers than their original species or  the common goldfish, which has only its colour mutated. The oranda goldfish also have a wen, or mass of extraneous tissue, growing on their heads. This growth is prone to infections and may become so large it leaves the fish sightless. The oranda can can grow 20 to 31cm long.

First, the orange oranda from series 1:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the Series 2 redcap:

Lastly, their respective slips:

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:13 am

Fantastic model, and wonderful photoes Applause 

But...ohhh, here the breeding of the unusual has surely gone too far, IMHO Crying or Very sad 

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:28 am

Thank you, Susanne, for the comment and compliment. I, too, think that of the breeding. I think that of the breeding of many a species, really.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:29 am

A nice figurine but again a poor fish

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:06 pm

OMG, this is how one could imagine aliens Suspect I don't really understand how can someone enjoy breeding normal, beautiful fish into something that looks ill and deformed.

But your photography is excellent and models are very detailed. So detailed that figures become painful to look at, even if they obviously don't suffer.

koniminiatures wrote:
I, too, think that of the breeding. I think that of the breeding of many a species, really.

Yes, this.
It's incredible what people do to animals. I can imagine if something from other civilisation do the same to human beings for their own entertainment, that we would call it horror.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Very nice models but it is a shame people go so far with the breeding. Crying or Very sad Much better to have the model than the poor fish itself. cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:14 pm

We're lucky we have you to make these great walk arounds of these esquisite pieces. The introductory text is as distrubing as it is interesting and pictures are very good. Very Happy Figures have a high level of realism. cheers

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 pm

Thank you kindly for the kind comments, everyone! I'm delighted with the sane attitudes the figurines and my descriptions of them have been received with here.

Ana wrote:
But your photography is excellent and models are very detailed. So detailed that figures become painful to look at, even if they obviously don't suffer.
Thank you for the compliment on my photography. Those pictures were a complete fluke, though - I had on loan a decent camera, and the sun happened to peek out. Also, that latter sentence of yours - welcome to my collections. That's the way they all are (well, very nearly all), at least to my eyes.

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:23 pm

Added sculptor info and pictures of the paperwork to the original post.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)   Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini) Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround: Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 & 2 orandas (by Konimini)
Page 1 of 1