Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life

Go down 
+16
NandO
Kikimalou
JonasV
Carola
Arnaud
NightLioness
Maja-Maus
ulinuk
animalluvr6
bojan
Sartje
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Takama
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Empty
PostSubject: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:09 am

I decided now to Focus on Collecting Schleich Animals instead of Mojo.  There wide spread around were I live. and every Farm shop has them for sale.

Right now the collection is small. But as with all threads I made, I will update this with new figures that I receive or Buy locally at one of the shops

Walkarounds will of course be up later. I may or may not put up facts about them.(Im not the best expert on modern creatures)

Last edited by Takama on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 am

Wonderful models! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:11 am

Beautyful models, and - as expected from you Wink - wonderful photoes cheers 

You surely picked some of the more interesting models.
It will be interesting to see your Schleich collection expand, and I look forward to readig your comments Very Happy 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:16 am

That is an easy decision, collecting Schleich is always much easier, even for me, unfortunately the brand is a little boring. Though, your pictures are really great and sometimes what is really boring is to want some more additions and don't know where to find them. Isn't there Safari where you live? :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Nice figurines!!cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Roger wrote:
That is an easy decision, collecting Schleich is always much easier, even for me, unfortunately the brand is a little boring. Though, your pictures are really great and sometimes what is really boring is to want some more additions and don't know where to find them. Isn't there Safari where you live?  :)
Yes There is Safari, but there very limited to only two stores, and there selection is not the best.

personally, I find Schleich to be very detailed, though I made a restriction to only buy animals that were released from 2008-today, because that's were I see that the detail is most impressive to me.

I made a list of retired items that I wish to get before there even harder to get. the one I want the most is the Roebuck.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Takama wrote:
Roger wrote:
That is an easy decision, collecting Schleich is always much easier, even for me, unfortunately the brand is a little boring. Though, your pictures are really great and sometimes what is really boring is to want some more additions and don't know where to find them. Isn't there Safari where you live?  :)
Yes There is Safari, but there very limited to only two stores, and there selection is not the best.

personally, I find Schleich to be very detailed, though I made a restriction to only buy animals that were released from 2008-today, because that's were I see that the detail is most impressive to me.

I made a list of retired items that I wish to get before there even harder to get. the one I want the most is the Roebuck.
Yes, Schleich is very detailed just as are other brands. Very Happy
If you mean this Schleich roebuck, just pm me your address, the Bullyland roebuck, which I like best, is enough for me although this is probably the best Schleich deer of ever. Very Happy

https://i.imgur.com/H0GuVg8.jpg

Last edited by Roger on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:43 am

After walking for an Hour and a half, browsing for another hour, and another hour and a half to walk home, I bought myself a Hippo.   I spent an hour deciding between five figures, but the other four had blemishes on them. But this Hippo was crisp.

I like the Shine they gave to its mouth.

Ok, here it goes. My first basic facts for a modern animal.

Hippos are amphibious mammals that live around water in Africa. They may seem cute but they are one of Africa's most dangerous animals, as they will attack humans without provocation. This is mainly due to territorial behavior in the males, and cub defense from the females. To mark its territory, a Male hippo would spin its tail while defecating to spread its scent over a wide area.
Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6136

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6137

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6138

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6139

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6140

White Stork

White storks are long legged white birds that are often said to be a delivery service for human baby's whenever a young child asks about were babies come from. This is due to the fact that White Storks are very renowned parents, and will sometimes build there nests on top of houses, and will return to the nest year after year, making the owners see them as a sign of good luck.
Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6229

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6230

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6231

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6232

Last edited by Takama on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 8:53 am

Great pictures as usual! Very Happy I edited my post once my ugly picture was disturbing this thread! geek

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 4:41 am

It wasn't that bad.

I decided to focus on modern animals for the rest of the year, dinosaurs will be given a break, though that does not mean I wont stop eying for new releases, (like CollectAs outstanding deluxe Thirzinosaurus)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 11:44 am

Also a nice hippo cheers cheers cheers 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Congrats on the hippo! cheers It's a shame that it's so hard to find a figure without blemishes on it. Sad

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:00 am

Indian Peacock

Indian Peacocks are the most commonly produced type of peafowl. In order to attract a mate it will raise its convert feathers (which grow from the back) and spread them open like a fan to hopefully impress the female.

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life 38152710

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life 30193210

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life 16465710

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life 62603_10

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life 40063910
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Ah, the peacock. Either you love it or you hate it. Laughing

Congrats! Yours appears to be much better painted than mine. How do you feel about the clear plastic?

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Well the clear plastic does give the affect that you can see past the feathers like on a real one. Though some spots need more paint then others.

for some reason, I like figures with transparent features. I might get the Swimming drake soon because of this.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Takama wrote:
I might get the Swimming drake soon because of this.
bounce bounce I was hoping to see photos of this one at least, since none of the stores near me have it. Very Happy 

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Ok I did not manage to get a swimming drake yet. But I did get some new items from my local huffmans. Pics will be up later
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:53 am

Eurasian Badger.

The Eurasian Badger is one of the most social of all badgers, as they will form groups up to 23 individuals, and make dens large enough to support multiple family's. Sometimes a Badger would allow  red foxes  to share its den, but this is a example of Commensalism, because the Fox would bring in scraps of meat while the badger keeps the den clean. If the Badger is provoked it can be a vicious animal, and It has been reported that  the badger would sometimes drag the vixen out of it and eat her young. Foxes are not the only animals that share its den with a Badger, it is also shared by Rabbits, that would hide in small hard to reach chambers to avoid predation

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6121

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6122

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6123

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6124

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6125

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6126

Last edited by Takama on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:04 am

Nice badger cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:12 am

I really don't enjoy too much the peacock, I recomend the previous version from Schleich that is not easy at all to find. Though, considering you enjoy translucent parts, it is the correct for you. On the other hand, the badger is just my favorite! Very Happy Congrats and great pics. Very Happy

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:25 am

I also got the Artic Fox.    Lovely figure with its snowy look and shine

All I know about Artic foxes (im to tired to read about them on Wikipedia right now) is that they turn white during winter, and brown or grey during summer.

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6239

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6240

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6241

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Sam_6242

Last edited by Takama on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Very nice Very Happy The pose is very nice for a Schleich, IMHO.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Gosh ! I didn't know that about badgers, - and they live around here . I never see them, they are mainly nocturnal, but sometimes see their tracs in the snow Very Happy 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Great again cheers cheers cheers 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Sartje

Sartje

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:03 pm

i saw the Peacock in a store yesterday and he is really big Shocked 

Schleich Count: 501
Papo Count: 20
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CreationsbySarieanne/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life   Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life Empty

Back to top Go down

Takama's Schleich Modern Wild Life
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next