Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:44 pm

I know we have seen them before, but you HAVE to see mine, too Very Happy 

Thanks to Yvette ( agin Wink), I am the proud owner of these four great models cheers 

Now we have one more brown-pinto Tinker Applause 
Can you see, how proud he is, among all these nice ladies ? he tries to look cool, though Very Happy 

The pretty, little Camargue-mare has become older, and her mane/tail have become white. It suits her very well, doesn't it ?

The Andalusian mare is very nice with grey mane, and I can live with the blue bands in her mane Wink 

BUT !!! What happened to her tail Shocked 
It should have been grey too Shocked 
On the tinker the tail is white, of course, as his pinto-rump i white. But Andalusians are NOT pintos What a Face 

Lovely colour for the Tennessee Walker.
I wonder if she is Dun Buckskin, as that is the only colour I know of, where the body is grey and the mane/tail coal-black scratch 
Very nice colour !

Did you know that about 100 years ago, the Norwegians tried to make the Fjords Dun Buckskin ?
They call it "Ulsblak" meaning Wolf-dun .
But as the colour includes a cream gene, about 1/4 of the offspring became creamy white with blue eyes, so they returned to bay dun, and have succeeded to breed this colour very light. Many Fjords do not even have a dorsal stripe any more Very Happy 
Unlike several other breeds ( Connemaras are an example), Blue-eyed-cream Fjords were never banned from the stud book.

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:53 pm

Fantastic pictures and congratulations for owning these special editions with precious Yvett's help. flower
It is always very interesting to read your threads. Very Happy Once I told Schleich would probably release a Princess with blue bands instead of pink and they didn't but I was not far from it... only an Andalusian with blue bands. :)
Of course I don't know the color of the Tennessee but I suspect I see often Lusitanos with that color! scratch Very Happy

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:59 pm

@Roger wrote:
Fantastic pictures and congratulations for owning these special editions with precious Yvett's help. flower
It is always very interesting to read your threads. :DOnce I told Schleich would probably release a Princess with blue bands instead of pink and they didn't but I was not far from it... only an Andalusian with blue bands. :)
Of course I don't know the color of the Tennessee but I suspect I see often Lusitanos with that color! scratchVery Happy
Adding later, no I don't see! Laughing What I see are grey Lusitanos that while greying the mane and tail keep black being the later to get the whitish color. Though, those are dapples, isn't it? Rolling Eyes

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:02 am

Very nice, Susanne! cheers 
Congratulations, they looks awesome! Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:07 am

Thankyou, Crogerbert and Arafan Very Happy

@Roger wrote:
@Roger wrote:

Of course I don't know the color of the Tennessee but I suspect I see often Lusitanos with that color! scratchVery Happy
Adding later, no I don't see! :lol:What I see are grey Lusitanos that while greying the mane and tail keep black being the later to get the whitish color. Though, those are dapples, isn't it? Rolling Eyes
Yes, the young ones with black mane/tail and legs are still dappeled on the body.
Also this one has a creamy white body, which greays do not have . They are called "grey" because they are almost bluish-white study 

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:11 am

I think the name of the buckskin color is called a buttermilk buckskin, but I may be wrong. They are really nice, normally I don't fall for the stereotypical all white/black themes (I think they are popular among kids because they symbolize things like strength etc in an animal, or at the very least uniqueness) but the all white variants Schleich did with their special editions is actually quite nice and better looking than the original model colors. Congrats Susanne! cheers 

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 am

That sounds very right ! Thankyou, Paige !

Here are lots of pictures https://www.google.dk/search?q=buttermilk+buckskin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0dCXUtqVMce9ygOTjoHoAQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1536&bih=748

You have so many horse colours in USA, that we rarely see here cheers 

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:42 am

Don't they look super all together, congrats Susanne cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:09 am

Congratulations dear friend :-)

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:25 am

Great newcomers, congratulations Susanne! cheers  sunny 

And thank you for some interesting info about colors and Fjord horses    cheers   I love to read that!
I think Dun Buckskin is also called Dunskin (and Palomino Dun - Dunalino?)? At least I think I've read it somewhere   scratch

http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:47 am

Thankyou, Harriet and Andreas and Anna Very Happy 

Thankyou, Anna, I love that kind of background knowledge too !
Yes , somebody probably use such names scratch 
I perfer the names that describe the genetic background, but then, according to my son, I was borne about the same time as Pharao farao Laughing Laughing 

Names like "Buttermilk Buckskin" are fine, as they simply describe the shade of buckskin, and nobody would ever think that horses have a buttermilk-gene drunken
The best of those names make you see the horse in your head.

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:58 am

@SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, Harriet and Andreas and Anna Very Happy 

Thankyou, Anna, I love that kind of background knowledge too !
Yes , somebody probably use such names scratch 
I perfer the names that describe the genetic background
Yes, Susanne, I think that's better too.
Also cutting and merging syllables from two words will usually sound a bit artificial. study 

@SUSANNE wrote:
Names like "Buttermilk Buckskin" are fine, as they simply describe the shade of buckskin, and nobody would ever think that horses have a buttermilk-gene drunken
lol! lol! lol! 

http://www.horseandbird.com
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 am

I totally love the photo with them all together (I saw it on your website too) ! It looks like they are having a neat chat, and the Tinker Stallion is showing his musckles in this overload of pretty ladies drunken 
Oh.. And he does have some lovely eyes! Ladies melt!

Also very interesting to read about the colours!

Personally I think they could have done something much more interesting with these. Only the TWH mare seems to move far from her origin. And she is beautiful!

@Roger wrote:
Once I told Schleich would probably release a Princess with blue bands instead of pink and they didn't but I was not far from it... only an Andalusian with blue bands. :)
Right guess again, or very close indeed Laughing

boba_jagoda

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:22 pm

haha Very Happy 
for the TW color I vote for a very pale buckskin (the body color is a slight yellowish)
A dunskin is probably not the case since there is no visible dorsal stripe, although the ear tips are black...
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:06 pm

Congratulations Susanne! And hurray for Yvette! cheers Mine should be arriving soon, I hope. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:10 pm

They look so good on your photos, Susanne! I saw them in our stores and they're just like "ahhh hell no"!

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Congrats Susanne cheers cheers  great horses, I have the Andalusian mare special edition too drunken I love you  Now I want the Tennesse Walker bounce bounce Amazing pics Very Happy 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125764988@N04/
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:37 am

Congrats Susanne. They are all fantastic!!! I want them!!

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Congratulations Susanne! cheers The horses looks great! Im still wondering that the andalusian mare have a white tail?!

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Very nice adds for your huge collection Susanne!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D   Today at 7:04 am

Back to top Go down

The four SE horses from Müller 2013 :-D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1