Mojö Fun is officially based in Hong Kong exactly as it is CollectA. Though, the manager of the company, James Connolly (Egbert on STS) is an English person and surely the brand has an office in England. From 2013, we can see that figures continue being made in China but they are marked with "designed in England". In fact, I think at this moment, Mojö is more British than it is CollectA.
It is correct that part of Mojö Fun team worked previously at CollectA.
I'll try to tell the history of the brand in a forum perspective. 2010/2011
- With the motto "the fun starts here", Mojö started designing and manufacturing their line in 2010 and in 2011 their range and first catalogue were presented with about 100 different figures:
43 farm animals, 10 of them horses; 12 prehistoric figures, 15 woodland figures, 29 wildlife figures, 5 of them introduced later in sealife collection and 20 box gift sets.
- Still in 2011, Mojo started a close cooperation with STS-Forum offering the chance of the members of the forum choosing a figure to be released in 2012. The collectors choice was a giant sable antelope whose development were discussed with STS members.
- Anna Dobrowolska (Ana on forum), a sculptress, collector and member of STS, started working to the brand sculpting 5 different horses to 2012 range in a total of 9 different products.2012
- In 2012 the range is increased and a new collection introduced - Sea Life - with 5 figures from Wildlife collection more 5 new releases.
- New releases show already a diversified group of animals with the brand focusing on giant sable antelope (STS choice) and Iberian lynx promoting their endangered condition and the effort of the Institutions to their conservation.
- Also a relevant spotlight in farm collection with the introduction of 9 new horses.
- Other highlights are the Deluxe T-rex in 1:40 scale that is introduced in Prehistoric collection as well the hippo female which quality was widely recognized.
- Harriet Knibbs (HKHollinstone on forum) is invited to repaint a new coat to both giraffes of the range.
- For the first time, a brand catalogue makes mention to STS Forum and some of their members.
- The brand continues working together with collectors on STS-Forum and on their FaceBook page promoting again a list of choices to be released in 2013.2013
- New 2013 releases show a spectacular reenforcement of the range with many unusual species being added as consequence of collectors requesting and boldness of the company.
- Prehistoric collection is enriched with new 4 museum quality prehistoric mammals.
- Anna Dobrowolska work is moved to Wild Life and Woodland collections, sculpting a total of 6 new figures.
- First figures are discontinued being their molds or painting updated .
- Cooperation with STS-Forum community keeps being reported on new catalogue.
- The company starts a cooperation with Animal Planet expanding the availability of Mojö Fun figures.
- The company moves to a new factory to increase production.
- Anna Dobrowolska sculpts figures for different collections.
- The company offer the chance of two STS members conceiving each one a new release to 2014 range.2014
- The story is being told on STS-Forum and Mojö Facebook page.