Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:30 am

Introducing... Friesian Horse - Breyer Stablemate, Warmblood mold.

*Before*
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*Work in Progress*

*Complete*
I am quite pleased with the end result, given how fiddly it was, and how detailed. I especially love the feathers, but the mane extension is nice too.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:58 am

WOW! What a great job cheers 

I am still not quite used to seing Friesians so light. When I was young they were quite heavy horses, but things change, and you made a wonderful moden type Friese Applause 

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Most are still quite heavy Wink But the mix them with other horses...
Lovely model, socks looking great! cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:21 pm

I'd say he's too light even for a modern type Friesien, looks more like e.g. an Arabo-Friesian Wink He's still very nice, though!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Beautiful remake! Congratulations! cheers
In the riding club where I ride there is 12 Friesians and most of them are indeed similar "weight" to warmbloods, some even lighter types affraid (but wow these lightest ones have the most amazing high action of legs) Only one or two are a bit heavier, maybe in the same "body mass" as Tinkers. But the heads of Friesians are almost always very long and narrow with specific shapes of nostrils, nothing near the warmblood horses heads. Obviously in the Stablemates scale it almost impossible to see these differences Laughing
I think your work is beautiful! Great Friesian horse! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:37 pm

Beautiful custom! cheers Applause Applause What clay did you use?

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Great custom cheers
it's nice to see a breyer custom again Very Happy
the photos are great too cheers

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:03 pm

This is Fantastic!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:20 pm

I don't think it is too light! Actually it looks dark enough! Laughing
Seriously, I like the work and we are used to see most horse figures looking heavier than they're in real. Breyer is the exception so it fits nicely with Breyer standards. Maybe a little light even considering it can be a Sports Friesian but the final figure looks really great! Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Nice repaint cheers cheers cheers 

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't think it is too light! Actually it looks dark enough! Laughing....
lol! lol! geek Laughing

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I like the change a lot :) You did it well

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Thank you all for your comments - I certainly appreciate the feedback!

In terms of light-versus-heaviness...

I do not profess to be a horse expert, but let's just say that I simply looked at the model, and a photo of a Freisian, 
(it was this one, to be specific: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])

and it clicked. I thought it might make a nice heavy horse but realised hpow much time it would take ( Shocked Shocked ) to simply rebuild the entire horse - legs, body, etc... and decided against it. That is why, perhaps, this model lends towards the lighter type - perhaps we can call him a Friesian type Warmblood? After all, I must admit, I am so used to Friesians here in Australia - and these are not, heavy, furry horses - but indeed light and swift, often mixed, I'd imagine, with some hotblooded horse.
Some are heavy, but the performance ones aren't usually.
More like this:

I think the biggest difference between my model and both would have to be thickness of neck. Oh well. I'll try better next time.
As it is, horses aren't really my thing, but I'm trying to practise my skills for comissions of all animals - what better place to start. 

If I was making one from scratch, I think I'd be considerably more careful and finicky. Hah!

Roger, you never cease to amuse! Wink Wink Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:52 pm

That first photo! I love you 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I thought it might make a nice heavy horse but realised hpow much time it would take ( Shocked Shocked ) to simply rebuild the entire horse - legs, body, etc... and decided against it.
For me this is the essence of whole fun with customizing models - basically, using OF models as "skeletons" for creating something completely new Smile
I haven't started customizing yet, but I read a lot about it, and basically every experienced customizing artist recommends using and analysing lots of reference photos. So I basically save every useful/interesting equine photo I stumble upon - who knows, maybe it will come to use one day What a Face (I also hoard them on my Pinterest profile)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:00 am

Don't worry, I'm not against the idea of spending time on customs. It was merely that, this week, combined with studies and farmwork, the only allotted time I had didn't cover resculpting the model. And it is a nice model, too.
I could have put it away for another day, but I will always buy another the same, and have another go.

Anyhow. What better way to get better than practise?

I too have a computer storage of clips and photos...in case of the dreadful day I am ever without internet! Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:03 am

Its stunning, I cannot believe some of the things you see in a model, and then you make it even better. Great job.
I am also accustomed to seeing heavier bulk to Friesians, however the thinner modern versions are still very pretty and graceful looking. drunken 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian   Today at 7:06 am

Back to top Go down

Breyer Stablemate Warmblood to Friesian
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1