Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Attis

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:34 am

Beautiful and the pose is great too!!
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:37 am

This is one angry snake! Love the pose, didn't ever say a detailed open mouth like that.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Although I'm a fan of monkey figures, this anaconda is No.1 for me among 2014 Collecta animals.
A real gem and must-have for any S.American wildlife collection. And what a pose !..

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:54 am

This is a great piece to have, as long as the appearance and anatomy proportions are accurate I wouldn't mind the pose as I presume it is a 'marketing' image so to make it more appealing to the general market aside from us collectors.

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:44 am

Here are some more photos of the Anaconda prototype for reference.  The size is large and will shrink by 5% approx.  

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:45 am

Great  cheers cheers 

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:05 pm

I like it alot  Applause cheers sunny 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:12 pm

The pose is a really great choice. Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Dear Numaan,
I am a trully Collecta enthusiast - as I said before, it is my favorite brand - but I really don't like this model, and I got a couple of reasons not to:
1. Anacondas (sucuris in portuguese and spanish) do not behave like that. They are heavy, generally slow animals, more at home in water than on dry land. They only put their heads up when trying to climb something.
2. This pose is, for some of us, brazilians, a bit distressing: during Military Dictatorship, this was a symbol of the army (up right alone, like yours, or killing a cayman with its coils). The moment I set eyes on that it brought me bad memories.
Anyway, 2014 collection is superb, I'm in love with many models, but I couldn't not to say something about the anaconda, I'm sorry.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I also had reservations about this model for the main reason that the pose is not as natural as I had wanted it to be but this model was produced by special request from a supplier from an image they supplied so I couldn't change it.  However it is in an unusual pose and the model has drama and character.  The head was a little too big and not in proportion with the body and so the head size will be reduced just a little to give it better proportions

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 pm

In the new pictures,it looks even less like a naturally behaving anaconda. The best thing i can see is a fresh born before it's first meal, stressed to the max,.....But nice paintjob

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:32 am

2. This pose is, for some of us, brazilians, a bit distressing: during Military Dictatorship, this was a symbol of the army (up right alone, like yours, or killing a cayman with its coils). The moment I set eyes on that  it brought me bad memories.

Uhh, that must be horrible memories, - even if I suppose you were very young then  Shocked 

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:32 am

Oh yes, Susanne. I was born in 1975 and the Military Dictatorship lasted from 1964 to 1985, but you're aware that we inherit memories from our parents and family. The snake is one of them.

2. This pose is, for some of us, brazilians, a bit distressing: during Military Dictatorship, this was a symbol of the army (up right alone, like yours, or killing a cayman with its coils). The moment I set eyes on that  it brought me bad memories.

Uhh, that must be horrible memories, - even if I suppose you were very young then  Shocked 

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:06 am

Yes, I surely know ! I could mention a few of those symbols.
And we must never forget. We must try to learn from the past.
But remember not to blame the people who were born later, and had no part of it, - I am sure we can all agree.

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:53 am

I'm a History professor, and I totally agree with you... we cannot become some fanatic whose memories never change.
Yes, I surely know ! I could mention a few of those symbols.
And we must never forget. We must try to learn from the past.
But remember not to blame the people who were born later, and had no part of it, - I am sure we can all agree.

Back to top Go down
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 am

Hi all

This model was a special request from a supplier, however instead of leaving it to us to decide the pose, this supplier provided CollectA with a drawing of this snake and insisted it on being made exactly as the picture. This is the story behind the pose of this snake.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Very cool.

I'm pretty sure all snakes will threaten to bite when feeling threatened. And pythons and anacondas will ball up like that to protect themselves. So this looks like a big snake that is in a defensive posture.

(But I'm no expert, not by a long shot. Just my first reaction.)
Green anaconda strike from a prone pose, and do not ball up.  Most large snakes only ball up to kill prey, not for protection.  Anacondas  as an adult are almost exclusively aquatic because the weight is hard to support, especially in females which can be 35% heavier then males.  They just don't have the muscle or skeletal structure to support anything close to this type of pose. Also, there are no snakes they threaten with the mouth open, when the mouth is open they can not tongue flick which is one of the most effective ways snakes collect information on the situation they are facing, weather hunting, searching for a mate, or identifying danger.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 am

So this one is more like a Chap Mei-model  Laughing 

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:23 am

Very cool.

I'm pretty sure all snakes will threaten to bite when feeling threatened. And pythons and anacondas will ball up like that to protect themselves. So this looks like a big snake that is in a defensive posture.

(But I'm no expert, not by a long shot. Just my first reaction.)
Green anaconda strike from a prone pose, and do not ball up.  Most large snakes only ball up to kill prey, not for protection.  Anacondas  as an adult are almost exclusively aquatic because the weight is hard to support, especially in females which can be 35% heavier then males.  They just don't have the muscle or skeletal structure to support anything close to this type of pose. Also, there are no snakes they threaten with the mouth open, when the mouth is open they can not tongue flick which is one of the most effective ways snakes collect information on the situation they are facing, weather hunting, searching for a mate, or identifying danger.

Thank Phil! That's very interesting about the poses an Anaconda can take. As I said, I really have no idea.

Regarding threatening with the mouth open, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but what you say does not fit with my own experiences. Snakes (including Boas and Pythons) will open their mouths when pissed off. You are of course correct that they flick their tongue to collect information, but I've seen (many) snakes feel threatened and open their mouths wide. I wonder if we're just talking about different things here, neither of which is inconsistent with each other.

Back to top Go down
Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Regarding threatening with the mouth open, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but what you say does not fit with my own experiences. Snakes (including Boas and Pythons) will open their mouths when pissed off. You are of course correct that they flick their tongue to collect information, but I've seen (many) snakes feel threatened and open their mouths wide. I wonder if we're just talking about different things here, neither of which is inconsistent with each other.

I should never say "never". They will open their mouths to hiss, but not normally as a threat.  If you watch in the future, when a snake is going to strike it will slowly extend its tongue and draw it back in several times, if the situation escalates into a threatening one the snake may or may not hiss, but it will not show its teeth, open mouthed, as a threat, if there is time it may yawn, but this is not a display to the enemy, it is a boost to get extra oxygen to the snakes muscles.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
nyarlahotep

Country/State : kentucky

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:07 am

Well, I guess I could use my imagination and pretend that this anaconda is underwater?
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:40 am

Scary but pretty nice Applause 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:27 am

Conclusion: the supplier ruined the chance to get a nice model of an interesting species, made by a very good brand. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)   Today at 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2014: WILDLIFE - Green Anaconda (88688)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2