Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?

Go down 
+6
baltimore zoo
SUSANNE
Roger
cheyenna
Admin
diversity
10 posters
AuthorMessage
diversity

diversity

Country/State : Germany

which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? Empty
PostSubject: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:52 pm

hey you, it's me again Very Happy

well, through my newest schleich-figures macrauchenia '(love it!!! I love you ), glyptodon, megatherium and cave bear i got very interested in figures of prehistoric animals. when searching in the www i found that SAFARI LTD has the best prehistoric ones, in my opinion. PAPO and BULLYLAND may have some figures, too, but in my eyes they look very artificial and less lifely than the SAFARI-models.
i also found some good figures of SAFARI at amazon, as i can't buy these American products here in Germany :/
my favourites are:
- safari smilodon
- safari amebelodon
- safari Carnegie mammoth (i like this one much better than that in the "prehistoric"-series)
- safari dodo (wings of the world)

so, has anybody these figures or maybe some of them in his/her collection? i would be very grateful if you could tell me weather these figures are of a good quality and weather they fit to the SCHLEICH-prehistoric scale.

have a nice day Wink
frederik
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 pm

diversity wrote:
hey you, it's me again Very Happy

well, through my newest schleich-figures macrauchenia '(love it!!! I love you ), glyptodon, megatherium and cave bear i got very interested in figures of prehistoric animals. when searching in the www i found that SAFARI LTD has the best prehistoric ones, in my opinion. PAPO and BULLYLAND may have some figures, too, but in my eyes they look very artificial and less lifely than the SAFARI-models.
i also found some good figures of SAFARI at amazon, as i can't buy these American products here in Germany :/
my favourites are:
- safari smilodon
- safari amebelodon
- safari Carnegie mammoth (i like this one much better than that in the "prehistoric"-series)
- safari dodo (wings of the world)

so, has anybody these figures or maybe some of them in his/her collection? i would be very grateful if you could tell me weather these figures are of a good quality and weather they fit to the SCHLEICH-prehistoric scale.

have a nice day Wink
frederik

The Carnegie Collection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
cheyenna

cheyenna

Country/State : Niedersachsen/Germany

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:42 pm

OMG,wow,amazing,unbelievable...
(mir gehen die englischen Wörter aus Very Happy )
are these dinosaurs alle yours???
i think i must take a look at your website Very Happy
i can't believe
spreechless exclamation exclamation
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Hello Frederik!
I love macrauchenia too! Fortunately and inspite start collecting only this year, I've found the complete 1:20 prehistoric mammals!
I don't have the 2007 retired musk ox that is a wild life series but many people put it in prehistoric mammals!
About dodos, are not prehistoric animals, anyway are extinct and very nice!
You have from Papo, AAA and Safari! I don't have the AAA!
Smaller Papo, bigger Safari...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you love prehistoric mammals I recomend you the Procon CollectA paraceratherium!
In this pic near Schleich Przwalski horse
If you want a pic near other Schleich figure let me know!
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:50 pm

thank you for your infos Wink

@ Torben:
i've seen all your website, also the SAFARI Carnegie collection. i have even found the pteranodon among my old figures which are not in my collection. but i think i won't collect any dinosaurs (at least not the "normal" ones, maybe pterosaurs or featherd dinos Wink).
the carnegie mammoth seems to be quite dark in its colour, isn't it? but still the best mammoth model i've seen Very Happy

@ Roger:
yeahie, thank you for that pics! Wink i know both the dodos but untill now, i didn't know which was better. now i would say i prefer the SAFARI one, the PAPO looks too cartoonish in my eyes. could you please take a photo of the SAFARI dodo together with a SCHLEICH figure? then i could see its scale better Wink
hmm, the paraceratherium looks quite nice, but its very simply coloured and maybe a bit to small? SCHLEICH has several animals of the BBC documentation "Walking with Beasts" (you know this docu? one of the best known about prehistoric animals) in its sortiment (at least they had :/ ) and there they show paraceratheriums too (just with different name: indricotherium), andthey are indeed very big. bigger than just two horses Wink Very Happy

looking forward to more posts Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 pm

cheyenna wrote:
OMG,wow,amazing,unbelievable...
(mir gehen die englischen Wörter aus Very Happy )
are these dinosaurs alle yours???
i think i must take a look at your website Very Happy
i can't believe
spreechless exclamation exclamation

Ha, ha, - if you start looking through Torbens (Admins) page, - we will see yo again next year lol!

santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
cheyenna

cheyenna

Country/State : Niedersachsen/Germany

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Ha, ha, - if you start looking through Torbens (Admins) page, - we will see yo again next year lol!

santa rendeer [/quote]

muahaha tamam
so i wish you all merry christmas and a happy new year Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:04 pm

I love the Carnegie Mammoths! I have a herd of seven!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:43 pm

:) :)

Elasmosaurus from Safari ltd.

but I recommend you, agustinia from CollectA is beautiful prehistoric.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:34 pm

diversity wrote:

@ Roger:
yeahie, thank you for that pics! Wink i know both the dodos but untill now, i didn't know which was better. now i would say i prefer the SAFARI one, the PAPO looks too cartoonish in my eyes. could you please take a photo of the SAFARI dodo together with a SCHLEICH figure? then i could see its scale better Wink
hmm, the paraceratherium looks quite nice, but its very simply coloured and maybe a bit to small? SCHLEICH has several animals of the BBC documentation "Walking with Beasts" (you know this docu? one of the best known about prehistoric animals) in its sortiment (at least they had :/ ) and there they show paraceratheriums too (just with different name: indricotherium), andthey are indeed very big. bigger than just two horses Wink Very Happy

looking forward to more posts Wink

May I call you Fredy? It's easier to me!:)
I agree completly with you about dodos! I have the same opinion!
Anyway if you are thinkings in scales it will be a big problem! Schleich mamals are 1:20 scaled! But is very hard to be correct with scales when sizes are estimated and change with different investigations!
This Safari dodo is not scaled but is about 1:10, too big but nice when compared with other birds!
About the CollectA Paraceratherium... in the Paraceratherium genera there are some different species, if you are thinking in the maximal size that's an 1:30 scaled but if you are thinking in in averages that will be nearer to Schleich scale.
Colouration is another great problem, there's no fossil evidences about the colour of these beasts. They think about the habitat and try to do some especulation about it.
If you are remembering the BBC Walking with Beasts, a great documentary, a redish brown colour is a nice choice, that was the main colourations in Mongolian habitat during Oligocene era, but such big animals needed any camuflage? Nobody knows it, so, has they are rhino relateds they compare with the simple colourations of the modern creatures! Of course will be a very beautiful creature if painted like a reticulated giraffe, but in my oppinion when are not evidences the best way is the simple way!
I ate smilodons painted like tigers, for example, are very different animals, why stripped like a tiger?
..and if you love the Schleich series, all animals have a simple painting, unless the great work in macrauchenia.
My pics are not great but I hope to be helpful...
See the size of this CollectA paraceratherium near the Safari dodo and Schleich Glyptodont....
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:57 am

diversity wrote:

have a nice day Wink
frederik

Some pics...

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu May 17, 2012 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:02 am

More pics...

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu May 17, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:06 am

Some Bullyland...

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu May 17, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
diversity

diversity

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:23 pm

thank you for all your new pics Very Happy

woow, kiki's photo of the Carnegie mammoth shows all its beauty! i really like this mammoth best of all i know, especially its eye is amazing! i think you can see the quality of toy figures in their eyes. some have only black spots, some at least two different colours but this mammoth-eye looks SO lively! i feel as if it really is watching me Very Happy
this will be my next prehistoric Wink
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 pm

diversity wrote:

have a nice day Wink
frederik

...Well, some pics... Wink Wink

...Some more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...The mammoth: (left to right) Papo, Safari, Schleich, Collecta, Papo.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:30 pm

... By the way, Roger - beautiful CollectA,s paraceratherium! I still can,t find it! But I must to buy it! Laughing Laughing Wink

Last edited by Sergey on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:54 pm

Sergey wrote:

... By the way, Roger - beautiful CollectA,s paraceratherium! I still can,t find it! But I must to by it! Laughing Laughing Wink

Thanks Sergey! My Paraceratherium is very pleased with your words!:)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Do you mean ONLY FROM SAFARI LTD or from other companies?

If you mean ONLY FROM SAFARI LTD, then, I recommand:
1- Amebelodon (the only amebelodon on the market)
2- Arsinoitherium (now rare, but unforgettable)
3- Microraptor
4- Caudipteryx
5- Guanlong
6- Dilong
7- Carnotaurus
8- Scutosaurus
9- Inostrancevia (poor paint job, but only inostrancevia on the market)
10- Doedicurus
11- Dunkleosteus
12- Coelacanth
13- Cryolophosaurus
14- Baryonyx
15- Vagaceratops
16- Andrewsarchus
17- Nigersaurus
18- Deltadromeus
19- Tanystropheus
20- Hypacrosaurus

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Tue May 29, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention many of them.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?   which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend? Empty

Back to top Go down

which SAFARI prehistoric animal figures do you recommend?
Page 1 of 1