Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:36 pm

I have here pictures of my Rhinoceros after my modifications. He no longer is leaning to the one side.

And my Komodo Dragon:

I also have an important question to ask. Now that Imageshack is only available to paid subscribers, I must choose a different hosting service. Does anyone use Flickr to host pictures? How is it?
I just switched to Photobucket.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Great job! You trylu are a very talented!

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:01 am

Thank you, Jonas.

I just yesterday and today finished painting my newest two figurines!
Here they are; first is my Western Lowland Gorilla (Gorilla gorilla)

With the Schleich Gorilla:

I also finished another model, Varanus komodoensis.

I don't believe my Komodo dragon is anywhere near my best work, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Here's pictures of my zoo so far:

And with my rhino...

I will bake the rhino soon, as he is nearly finished (I just have a few wrinkles to emphasise). Once I'm finished with him, I will pay more attention to my bison, and begin an andean bear. Lastly, I started a babirusa, but I have no pictures of it yet.
Back to top Go down
Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:31 am

Nice modells. The gorilla and rhino look great cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 am

Wonderful!!!

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:47 am

Beautiful  Applause  I especially like watching them all together  drunken 

Noémi

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:20 am

Wonderful figures! I love the gorilla! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:28 am

Wow, the rhino is so big!!! I love komodo dragon  Applause 

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Thank all of you. I do them all in 1:20 scale, so I'll make sure the big animals will be big, especially when it comes time to do my elephant.  elephant 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Really great models! cheers

I see you have it crossed out now, but I do use Flickr and it's wonderful. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Thanks. I was going to use Flickr- but I need a Yahoo account. I had no problem with that until I realized I was required to have a mobile telephone number. I have no plans on ever owning one, so I couldn't use it. Photobucket works just fine, though.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:29 pm

@Geospiza fortis wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Thanks. I was going to use Flickr- but I need a Yahoo account. I had no problem with that until I realized I was required to have a mobile telephone number. I have no plans on ever owning one, so I couldn't use it. Photobucket works just fine, though.

They must have changed their policy then  scratch Great you found another photo service!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Fantastic! Thanks for the photos, they are great, especially seeing them all together.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:58 pm

The gorilla and the komodo are gorgeous, and the rhino looks so good too!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Love the Komodo Dragon, great work! It's nice seeing all your creations together too - the Rhino is impressive, love his face.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 am

Thank you Philter, SyLoBe, and HK. Seeing all of my animals together is one of the reasons I like to make lots of different species. I also took a quick picture of my now baked babirusa. After inspection, I'm not quite happy with his feet. I might replace them; any thoughts on that?
Babirusa:

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 am

You are so fast at sculpting! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:10 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
You are so fast at sculpting! Shocked
Usually I'm not, but because of the weather here, I stayed at home nearly all day the entire week. Monday it snowed six inches, last night there were a couple more (and a lot of ice), and this weekend there are predictions of a foot of snow! I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands if this keeps up, but at least the groundhog was right this year.  Very Happy

UPDATE 2/11/14

Hey, here's my andean bear in progress. I am making her based off the one at the Smithsonian NZP. I'm also going to start a Galapagos tortoise tomorrow in celebration of Charles Darwin's 205th birthday.

How is she?
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:42 am

I just today started and finished the painting of my babirusa:
Here are some pictures:

I'm not quite happy with the way the feet turned out, and I also don't think I did my best on the forelimbs. The skin texturing, too, should have had more time devoted to it. Here's my bear as well. I'm going to completely change the face of... well, the face, as it does not yet satisfy me.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:13 am

What wonderful talent and so young!  Very Happy  Applause  cheers  Cool 
Congratulations beautiful models home made real ark  Applause cheers bounce king 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:23 am

Wonderful! cheers We ended up getting about 19 inches of snow, with more coming. Razz
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:07 am

@lucky luke wrote:
What wonderful talent and so young!  Very Happy  Applause  cheers  Cool 
Congratulations beautiful models home made real ark  Applause cheers bounce king 

Thank you. I try to cover many of the "endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful".

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Wonderful! cheers We ended up getting about 19 inches of snow, with more coming. :Razz:
We had three or four inches from the lstorm last week, about 8 or 10 from the one Wednesday night, another three or four from last night, and three inches predicted tonight and perhaps tomorrow night. My point being: I have plenty of time for sculpture.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:51 am

Fantastic babirusa, lovely work! Congratulations! cheers

http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:42 am

Also a very nice babirussa cheers cheers cheers cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:46 am

Thank you, both.
Over the weekend I had started a Galapagos tortoise, based on the Hood Island Tortoise, Chelonoidis nigra hoodensis. I plan on someday making another tortoise to go alongside it, but of a different subspecies, perhaps C. n. porteri, with a domed shell.

And here's a picture of my rhino baked. I'm currently painting him now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast   Today at 9:02 am

Back to top Go down

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models-- Glyptodon model to possibly be cast
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next