Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models

Go down 
+41
Mgarat
LeeAnn
MiniZoo
widukind
costicuba
SUSANNE
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Roger
Wilorvise
A.R.Garcia
Geospiza fortis
littlebear
Bloodrayne
Dum_my
Tarunyada
Carola
signatus
ulinuk
Shanti
Bonobo
lucky luke
Fisva
Noémi
Florian
kudu11
Zelvik
SyLoBe
koniminiatures
elephas_maximus
Defteros
JonasV
cattlecollector
animalluvr6
Philter4
bjarki12
trevok4
A-J
Joan Milelire
HKHollinstone
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Very nice work !! I like the tortoise and the fur and paintjob of the bear . Congratulations !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank you all. I used a masking tape-covered armature for the bison, which is only my second of that kind, the first was the camel.
I also wanted to ask if anyone here wanted to see me make anything in particular. I'm nearing the end of my project and I thought it would be good to take a suggestion from here since, as a community, we know lots of different species.
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:37 am

Beautiful figures! Congrats! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:55 am

Thank you, Animalluvr6

I'm beginning my final model for this wave, then I'll (hopefully) move to prehistoric life.
My elephant:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Any comments and criticism are very welcome. This elephant is going to be my largest model, and I want him to be as accurate as possible. From here, this leaves me with:
Camel (needs slight modifications)
Lion (being painted)
Tapir ("")
Bongo (started Sculpting)
Peacock (Started Sculpting)
Female Bison (needs painted)
Male bison (started Sculpting)
Przewalski's horse (No progress)
Temminck's Tragopan (no progress)
King Cobra (Needs Texture)
The list is, again, more for my own personal reference than anything. For my project I'm trying to be as diverse as possible while still keeping in a range of animals which can be made in 1/20.
 elephant 
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Looks a very good start! Here's the drawing, I was like wow! You truly can draw! cheers 

I'm excited to see how he develops! Nice that you've so many figures work in progress! I'm curious to see eps. the przewalski horse Applause 
Great job again cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by jonesee on Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 1:34 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:36 pm

I miss this topic, in my entousiasm for horses on sts.

But i really wanne compliment you, i wish i could do that, its like magic!
You models are like wire, clay and ''poof''  beautifull life like animal replica of the nature wild ones.
And what all the other allready said, you are so young, you can grow this telant and became the best if you want!
Really awsome models and the drawing in the back,  are also great!!
(yes my attention level is low sow i see a lot in a quick time haha)

I Really Think, You schould go Work for a company like Schleich, and sculpt there new animals!

O and, i really wannee see that new lion and bison and and and ... hahah keep them comming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:34 pm

Thank you all. I'm going to try to work more, as this entire lot has to be done before the end of may... I hope I can do it without cutting any models.
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 3:02 am

Nothing new finished, but I have some pictures of unpainted models:
Camelus dromedarius
Guess what day it is?  Rolling Eyes 
Ophiophagus hannah
Tragopan temminckii
I found it quite difficult to balance the tragopan... I only hope I can get my peacock to stand...

As always comments and criticism (especially criticism) are welcome and appreciated. I want to thank everyone again for helping make this go so well.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 3:21 am

Looking good! I like the camel a lot. It is your first, isn't it? The mouth looks juts like a real, I can almost feel that muzzle in my hair lol. I wish you'll do another camel and that time you could legs a bit longer I think. I still like this one a lot!
That blah blahblah-snake is cool! I'm sure it will be stunning with some paint.
Can't wait to see more and final results farao 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 4:01 am

jonesee wrote:
Looking good! I like the camel a lot. It is your first, isn't it? The mouth looks juts like a real, I can almost feel that muzzle in my hair lol. I wish you'll do another camel and that time you could legs a bit longer I think. I still like this one a lot!

Thank you. I paid particularly close attention to getting the face right. I think there is a little inaccuracy in proportions, when it comes to the legs, but that was due to the armature which I made too thick, and didn't allow for the thin area between the legs a camel has. But there's always next time, though I can't say that will happen as soon as I'd like. The common name for the snake is a King Cobra, in case you were wondering.  Smile
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 am

Nice again, especially interesting for me is the tragopan

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Geospiza fortis wrote:
jonesee wrote:

Thank you. I paid particularly close attention to getting the face right. I think there is a little inaccuracy in proportions, when it comes to the legs, but that was due to the armature which I made too thick, and didn't allow for the thin area between the legs a camel has. But there's always next time, though I can't say that will happen as soon as I'd like. The common name for the snake is a King Cobra, in case you were wondering.  Smile

Great! I'm curiou to see this one finished and specially the next one! I know that, you can't be better in this if you don't have some practis. Okay = D He'll be very good as well I'm sure! Keep going! farao

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Love that camel! bounce

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Very nice camel ! I love it . Can´t wait to see the big elephant on 1/20 scale !! Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Thank you, Widukind, Jonesee, 4U and Signatus!
I think I've finished my lion?
Something looks wrong with the painting, though. I can't place my finger on it.  scratch Does anyone have thoughts on this or is it my self-critical mentality?
Also I am working on Ryan, my male bison, currently:
He's a little shorter than Esther at the hump, but its not extremely noticeable. I have to have all my animals done by the end of this month, so its time to get myself in gear to be finished before the deadline.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Wow! Looking so good as always... Yep, the lion is stunning and I do like the paintjob but spmething is missing... Maybe a bit white color to the belly and some other places too? Need to say he's still gorgrous like this!
The bison is so cool! He's good do far  farao 

Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:45 pm

I really love the pose of the lion, but mmmh how could I say that...
there is not really a mane, there you had added some details, for example more long hair and Idon't really like the mouth area, but I couldn't say which I don't like....
But I couldn't make such a model and it's still a good work  Wink sunny 

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 11:52 pm

Thank you on your comments. I completely agree on the paint. Now that I think of it, doesn't the Wildlife Wonders lion have similar paint? Regardless I have some fixing to do.
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptySat May 03, 2014 10:28 pm

I dulled down the white on his face and added a lighter white to his underside, made the lighter part of the mane darker, and gave a little pink to the nose. Does it look better?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptySat May 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Nice work again  cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Very beautiful sculpture and very nice paintjob.
Only thing that is missing, (in my opinion), right now is the very distinguished white chin and elegant white eye liner underneath the eyes.
It should be there.
It's what makes the male lion The Chief.

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptySat May 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Thank you. I actually just dulled down the white but I will add a small amount on the chin and under the eyes.

I am also sculpting my elephant now:
This is probably the most research I've put into the anatomy of the head of anything so far.
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptySun May 04, 2014 11:38 am

Yep, the lion looks better now, I think. Simone was right about the white eye liner, I actually didn't even thought it. Probably because I like it so much xP Somehow a bit white color makes him more alive. Anyway, good job! I think he's excellent now!
The elephant looks very nice! the head is like a skull yet now. The shadows are nice in the pic. I'm sure he'll be great model! Like it already now pirat 

Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 EmptyMon May 05, 2014 2:35 am

Thank you. You were totally right; the white under the eyes makes a HUGE difference. :)

I also have my snake finished:

And a progress picture of my peacock:
It took me a while to get him ^^ balanced.

More Photos should be to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next