Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models

Go down 
+41
Mgarat
LeeAnn
MiniZoo
widukind
costicuba
SUSANNE
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Roger
Wilorvise
A.R.Garcia
Geospiza fortis
littlebear
Bloodrayne
Dum_my
Tarunyada
Carola
signatus
ulinuk
Shanti
Bonobo
lucky luke
Fisva
Noémi
Florian
kudu11
Zelvik
SyLoBe
koniminiatures
elephas_maximus
Defteros
JonasV
cattlecollector
animalluvr6
Philter4
bjarki12
trevok4
A-J
Joan Milelire
HKHollinstone
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 3:20 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree with Geopizza (I can't miss this one Embarassed  Wink ), it is the Northern subspecies which is considered extinct, not the Southern one which is present in many zoos and have even being introduced in the Northern species range.
Thank you Geospiza and Kiki. In the video it just called them white rhinos, it didn't specify a range or subspecies (so honestly I have no idea what they meant now, other than it must be what both of you suggested, a northern white rhino).
As for the spino, I agree. Their limbs look a little on the slim side to support his front body, and I also understand the mystery of the real morphology due to lack of evidence. It's a shame they were blown up in war, considered as "collateral damage." Crying or Very sad
On a side note, looks like good beginnings to a great mt. lion.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:17 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/rare-white-rhino-dies-only-five-remain-on-earth/vi-BBgQkli?ocid=DELLDHP
Here is the video I mentioned about the rhino. It does mention that it is a northern white rhino, somehow I missed that when I watched it the first time. Embarassed

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:47 pm

That's okay. I remember when Lonesome George died, the media made it sound like all Galapagos tortoises were extinct.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Great pose! bounce

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:30 am

Thank you, LeeAnn. The pose is based on the final pictures I had taken of Stanley.
Here he is now:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'm particularly proud of his face, cat faces are something I've struggled with for a while now.
Here are the early stages of my giraffe, as well. After I finish the puma I will move on to do a crocodile. I also plan on making an African Elephant and Irish elk in the near future. I'm hoping to have them done by March as there is an art show at school, but I'm not so sure that will happen, especially with the elephant. Are there any unusual species anyone wants to see?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:50 am

The giraffe is looking really good!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 9:06 am

Nice sculptures again:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:48 am

Thank you, LeeAnn and Widukind. Half a year ago, my teacher asked for a barn owl, though it has only been in the past three months (still too long) that I was given the details and have been working on it. I gave it to her today and she greatly enjoyed it. Here are some pictures:
And with the Safari LTD barn owl:
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:52 am

*applaud* Great! Though, now I want an owl... :)

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:37 am

Wow, gorgeous owl! I can see that your teacher liked it!

Zelvik

Country/State : czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 5:40 am

Your models are very nice. White rhino is beautiful! cheers sunny sunny Applause
Back to top Go down
http://safafariparkpodklicem.wz.cz
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 8:46 am

WOW ! So there are cases when being a teacher is not only a nightmare cheers

It is abolutely wonderful, - even the wood it is sitting on, is perfect Applause

MiniZoo

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:14 pm

It's really quite large - how tall? I like the tree stump too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:45 pm

That's a really nice work! cheers

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Nailed it!
Beautiful and gracious.
Nice colours too.

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:14 pm

Thank you all!
MiniZoo, I did not measure it before I gave it away, but the Safari LTD barn owl is about 2.5 inches tall, and so mine should be around six inches including the base.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:25 am

Nice owl Applause
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Thank you, Kikimalou.
I just added the finishing touches to my white rhino:
With the Schleich black rhinoceros
With the black rhino I made last year
She has already found a home on my shelf.
Here is also a picture of my Giraffe African Elephant in progress. Special thanks to MiniZoo for posting the tutorial I used for the elephant.
And lastly, Stanley waiting to be painted.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Fantastic work cheers

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Wow!!! Shocked Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 am

What a great homemade menagerie. drunken Fantastic sculptures. Applause

Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:01 am

Thank you LeeAnn, Shanti, and Saarlooswolfhound.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:30 am

Phantastic work!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:34 am

Those are fantastic works, with experience you're getting better and I am sure your next works will be even more exciting! Very Happy

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:28 am

Thank you, Roger. Here's my elephant right now. Its good to know more about the facial muscles of mammals since I dissected a cat in school. He still needs a lot of work, but I think he'll be done by the time the school's art show comes around. My less frequent posting in this thread is due to another model I'm making at the moment which I can't talk about until after it's finished.

EDIT: can you spot the fruit fly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models
Page 14 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next