Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models

Go down 
+41
Mgarat
LeeAnn
MiniZoo
widukind
costicuba
SUSANNE
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Roger
Wilorvise
A.R.Garcia
Geospiza fortis
littlebear
Bloodrayne
Dum_my
Tarunyada
Carola
signatus
ulinuk
Shanti
Bonobo
lucky luke
Fisva
Noémi
Florian
kudu11
Zelvik
SyLoBe
koniminiatures
elephas_maximus
Defteros
JonasV
cattlecollector
animalluvr6
Philter4
bjarki12
trevok4
A-J
Joan Milelire
HKHollinstone
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 4:26 am

Holy moly you are a tremendous sculptor. I have hardly any words for how awesome your parasaurolophus, gorgosaurus, and your starts on the American croc and mammoth. I cannot wait to see the croc done especially, this species has been mostly absent in recent decades and is now making a comeback. Great choices for species, and as usual, great job! Applause

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 2:01 am

Thanks Saarlooswolfhound and Wilorvise Smile
I've made progress on the mammoth. Its really difficult to keep all of my sculptures going at the same time and I already have tons of ideas for after I'm done with these.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:56 pm

Great sculptures and great sculptor Applause Applause I love your style and all your models. you collection of animals shall be impressive and so are your future projects! My compliments Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 12:10 am

pm64 wrote:
Great sculptures and great sculptor Applause Applause I love your style and all your models. you collection of animals shall be impressive and so are your future projects! My compliments Applause Applause
Thanks Very Happy

Yesterday was two of my friends' birthdays (they're twins) and so I made these for them. I'm not as happy with these as I was with the seahorse last year, but I know they definitely were and that's what matters.
The bat is based on a flying fox, however I simplified some things and changed the colors.
This one is supposed to represent a north African style, and was influenced by tentacles not unlike those of an orthoceras.

As well as these, I'm beginning a few Tunisian animals for a project. Here are the first three, including a striped hyaena, African leopard, and fennec fox in progress.

And the indominus is finished!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 1:50 am

Very nice projects! Very Happy Looking forward to see your Tunesian animals, especially the fennec! bounce Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:30 am

WOW ! Beautyful indominus cheers

Mgarat

Mgarat

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Wow!!!
This is some kind of explosion with so many new extraordinary sculpures in a while!!!!
All of them looks fantastic!!! In particilar I am looking forward to see the tunisian set
Applause Applause

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 4:04 pm

So many great sculptures but I think the indominus takes the cake. Great job on all of them!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 11:56 pm

Thanks, all Smile
For Tunisia, I hope to do an addax, dama gazelle, dromedary, and a barbary macaque. My striped hyena is going so well at the moment, I am considering making copies if there's interest. Not sure if I will but it is a possibility since few (if any) are on the market.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:15 am

Beautiful works! Congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 3:25 am

Thanks, Ana.

A bit of a WIP on my first three. The fennec is proving to be particularly difficult.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 8:29 am

They look very promising bounce

Mgarat

Mgarat

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Agree!!!

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2016 12:42 am

Never give up, I am sure you'll be able of doing it great! Very Happy

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 12:10 am

Thanks Very Happy
Here are some quick pictures of my macaque:
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 6:59 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 12:57 am

Your Barbary macaque is really beautiful! Very Happy

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 1:46 am

Your Tunisia project is off to a wonderful start! I love the fact you've picked a region to explore. That seems like a fun idea for a project!

In your pictures, it looks like you're using two kinds of clay. Are they two different textures or strengths (I don't know clay terminology very well - sorry)? If so, how do you decide which to use where?

The indominus looks terrifying. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 2:33 am

Thanks guys!
The Tunisia idea is for an exhibit at school, however in the future I'd like to do more concentrations on specific areas. It seems that doing one animal encourages me to work on another.
I use Super Sculpey and Super Sculpey firm. The gray parts are firm mixed with original super sculpey. The main parts are made of the firm mixture, but for extremities, such as the ears or nose, or any tiny addition, I make is generally done in original as it is easier to apply. I also use small original snakes to fill in small gaps. The firm mixture is better to texture, though, so it's a balancing act, really. I should also note that the mixture is variable. I started at 50/50, but thinner areas, for example, the legs on my dama gazelle, favor the softer clay, since it's easier to patch up if the wire is exposed.
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 2:28 am

Here are the others:
The fennec is still proving to be the most difficult. I still have an addax to start and that should be all of them. There are lots more animals from Tunisia, but I'll use already-existing figures for the common ones (dromedaries, cheetahs, etc).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 1:36 am

Keep the good work!!! bounce Very Happy

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Thanks, Roger.
It's been a while and I do have finished pictures of the above ones, though I'm not exactly satisfied with that lot. I intend to take my time a lot more for my next piece. Here are some WIP photos of the glyptodon I'm making. I decided that I'll eventually cast this one to sell copies if there is any interest. I'm looking for feedback on this one in particular since I want it to be the best it can be as I may make copies. A particular point of interest is the texture. I'm not quite sure if I should use the stamp (pictured) or change the texture to a more defined look. The final result of the stamp is more well-defined than in the pictures, however I have seen more uniform and dramatic textures as well for glyptodonts. This and any proceeding models will be in 1:40 scale.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Very, very exiting to see how you proceed with the glyptodon bounce Very Happy

Ohhh, please, please, won't you show us pictures of the ones you finished drunken

Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 11:33 pm

And here they are:
I had to dig for this one in my phone, hence it not being in the post above.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 8:36 am

They are wonderful cheers

Each one has a special charm, - just look at that "shy" monkey Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geospiza fortis' Animal Models   Geospiza fortis' Animal Models - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Geospiza fortis' Animal Models
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next