Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
Miss Jane
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Jane

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:51 am

I know I recently posted a thread looking for a size comparison on the Bullyland dogs...
But this time I'm after some info on some less well known brands.
I'dbe hopeless at picking what brands they were, too, as most are made in china cheapies - even if they are among other brands.

The reason I want these dogs is because of their size (providing they fit my 1:12 scale dogs well, and accurately), and as customisable models. Its not so much the original I'm after, but more what I can do with it.

Anyway... here goes.

All help greatly appreciated. If I just know their size, then I can decide what breed to make them into, and whether they are worth buying at all!

Boxer dog, 'made in china'. I know there's a penny there. I don't know how big it is to my dogs, we don't have pennies. =P Also, again, I see the measurements, but that doesn't always help. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Doberman dog, as above. If anyone has any of these, I'd be very interested to see real photos.

Basset..

Labrador..

hideous Bully...  Razz 

\Hound..

Coonhound

... other brands

Mini Schnauzer

puppy

Boston

Rottie (says 1:12, but I am doubtful)

These dogs:  (I think they are Chap Mei? I have a  Setter similar to the Black one, only it is brown, as well as aSchnazuer and Afghan, maybe the same brand? I want the Boxer/Dane, & need size..)

Papo dogs in comparison to Schleich? I recently aquired the Papo Golden Retreiver and discovered he is slightly smaller (especially around the head) than the smallest Schleich Golden. Has me worried other Papo dogs are like this? I really want the Boxer, greyhound and Neo, are these the same, or bigger? I can't find them with old Schleich dogs. =/
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 7:54 am

I do not know about the nn-models,
but here is a comparison of the Papos to the old Schleich golden :

In general the Schleich models have large heads Wink

Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 am

OH, Susanne, how fantastic! I have long been wanting this Greyhound, Boxer and Neo trio - and that shows excellent size!

I think these may be new additions come new year. =D

Oh - I've been looking at each page of show us your dogs finally... (again)

And I found these - (yours, arent they?)
This Boxer looks a lot like the first photo..?
And these dogs (all on the left-hand side of each photo) to me all look similar too? The cheapies I posted are on  ebay from China.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 9:03 am

The boxer, dobermann and bullies are definitely from New Ray.
The size is pretty good for combining them with other brands.

For size:
Mine with Papo and CollectA bullie:

and dobermann and Boston terrier with Schleich shepherd and Papo collie:

Attention! My New Ray dogs are altered and repainted by myself! They don't look like that when you buy them!  Cool

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 11:12 am

Cute dogs here

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Yes, those first ones are definitely New Ray for sure!

Bloodrayne wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Attention! My New Ray dogs are altered and repainted by myself! They don't look like that when you buy them!  Cool

You repainted that GSD too didn't you? It looks great!  cheers cheers 

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Miss Jane wrote:
OH, Susanne, how fantastic! I have long been wanting this Greyhound, Boxer and Neo trio - and that shows excellent size!

I think these may be new additions come new year. =D

I am appy it was useful, I was in a bit of a hurry this morning, but they behaved nicely for the photo-session. Ofthe these models are like live animals and won't behave when I try to hurry them up !
They keep falling, - even movin, I think  Shocked  Laughing Laughing 

Take care when you buy Papo dogs ! They are heavily addictive  silent  - that greyhound led to more for me, and then Roger gave me a polar bear ! I was lost, and now I have SO many Papos  Laughing Laughing 

Ohh, good you found the New Ray doggies. I did think they looked like them, but had no time to find them. I think they are awfully nice, and had them on my "Show-shelf" for a long time. But then there were so many new models screaming for room there, so I packed them down for later Wink

Deseo

Deseo

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Schnauzer (she is supposed be fox terrier but doesn't look like one too much) and puppy are Blip Toys. Puppy is tiny but terrier is a bit bigger than schleich one.

Boston Terrier pup is Nintendogs figurine. It is about same size as Collecta Jack Russel. That keychain Rottie is definitely not 1:12 hmm.. more like 1:18 or smaller is fine.  He is from Hoodhound series, maybe made by A&A.

Those latest are indeed Chap Mei figurines. That black&white setter/spaniel is same size as your setter (if is she those make-up doggies with pink noses?). Great Dane is slighly bigger than new great Papo Dane. She would be a great couple for my Mr. Harlequin if she is a bit smaller not much but just a little. But close enough, maybe Mr. Harlequin likes big girls   Wink Laughing 

I wish I could show you more photos, but I don't have those in my computer. I can take som when I get home next week if you wish :)

Miss Jane

Miss Jane

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:44 am

Thank you all again for the replies! These have been more than helpful.

I will likely be purchasing some for customising soon.

Deseo - your dogs! =D

And that Papo Dane, oh the Dane. I wish I could find him in Australia...

More photos are fine if you want to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?   Size of these unusual brands of Dogs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Size of these unusual brands of Dogs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: