Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings Empty
PostSubject: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Debtoy was a small company based in the Suffolk village of Wyverstone, and most of their items are marked as such underneath. I don't know how long they were operating, their two main sets in the photos here were, (1) circa 1960-65, with red brick doll's house paper covering, and (2) circa 1970?, yellow covered. I have a few unmarked items, not marked, which have similar design features, so are probably also by Debtoy, some earlier, some later, and have also seen several on eBay with a stone wall effect paper covering, which I suspect are also early Debtoy.

Their buildings are very much TOYS, so no accurate modelling here, but they did make a very large range, so kids in those times could have collected a whole village of farms, even if not exactly realistic. I had a few when I was a kid, and they regularly got used when I was playing with assorted soldiers, not just farm toy play. This is one reason why I have collected these since, the nostalgia factor. had this not been the case, I doubt I would have bothered to collect them, as they are too toy-like for me really.  

Beginning with the 1960-65 (ish) range (I'm sure there were more than these):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Photo above is a bull house/pen, made in one piece, & with original box
Photo below is the same thing, but the pen is made as a separate item

The hen house ends my 1960-65 Debtoy collection, so now on to 1970 (I think)
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:31 pm

I've seen two more different farmyards from this series on eBay.
Now on to the individual buildings in this series:

As with the previous post, a hen house (with of the nice early Britains/Herald hens) ends my collection of Debtoy 1970 range.
Now for one photo and a few words about their other products:

Last edited by DaveScriv on Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Also interesting  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:59 pm

I don't know what other toy buildings they made, but have seen a Debtoy garage (scaled for Dinky/Corgi/etc. cars) on eBay, and I have this castle:

I know it dates from about 1967, because I saw one, and liked it, thinking it was a better design than my childhood Tri-ang castle, but I was getting a bit old for toy soldiers by then, although I realised their future as valuable collectables, which is why I kept most, but not all of my childhood stuff. I remembered it though, so bought this a few years ago when it appeared on eBay. It must be fairly rare, as I'd only seen one on eBay before, and that was a complete wreck - optimistically described as a 'restoration project' by the seller.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Debtoy farmyard for sale on UK eBay (seller is in Cornwall) now!
Same as the top, biggest one, in their 2nd yellow walled range.

eBay number 201043396799 (or search Debtoy farmyard) £30 buy it now, including free economy P&P within UK
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Those pig-sty's at the top look just like the old ones on the family farm...long since bulldozed to make way for a bloody-great euro-barn 50ft high and big enough for several combines!!!

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
smallscaleworld

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 8:23 pm

PS - you can still get that green pan-tile paper if you want to renovate the roof of the first one...try Hobby's / Hobbies Annual study 

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 pm

smallscaleworld wrote:
PS - you can still get that green pan-tile paper if you want to renovate the roof of the first one...try Hobby's / Hobbies Annual study 

I guessed the green tile paper was still available Hugh. I bought a few sheets of the same stuff in grey to do a rtoration job from a doll's house shop, but they didn't have any green in stock. I'd have bought some if they had it. I know of another shop, a bit nearer, which stocks a range of modelling supplies. I'll ask there next time I'm in Frome.
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:25 am

DaveScriv wrote:
smallscaleworld wrote:

I guessed the green tile paper was still available Hugh. I bought a few sheets of the same stuff in grey to do a rtoration job from a doll's house shop, but they didn't have any green in stock. I'd have bought some if they had it. I know of another shop, a bit nearer, which stocks a range of modelling supplies. I'll ask there next time I'm in Frome.

hi i was going to get some from ebay when i made 1 of the stables i made here's a link if your interested
thanks steve
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOLLS-HOUSE-SPECKLED-GREEN-PANTILE-ROOF-WALLPAPER-/131111882936?pt=UK_Dolls_House_Miniatures&hash=item1e86e090b8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dolls-House-Miniature-Weathered-Green-Pantile-Roof-Tile-Exterior-Wallpaper-Sheet-/371000776955?pt=UK_Dolls_House_Miniatures&hash=item56615e98fb
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings   Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings Empty

Back to top Go down

Debtoy vintage UK toy farm buildings
Page 1 of 1