Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.

Go down 
+3
A-J
LeeAnn
Dum_my
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. Empty
PostSubject: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello everybody!

I don't know if there is a topic about this but i have got a burning question for a long time.
I have done, 2 repaints and 1 resculpt/repaint custom. I think they are pretty good and i wanne do more.
But i just ceep thinking, what happens to the value of the horses?

I have got ; grey riding pony, percheron mare
the lippizaner stallion en mare (the ones before the 2013 ones came out)
also the old halfinger mare and just a few other that are not very hi prised at the moment.

I was thinking if i make them good they are unique but when i scruw up they are worth nothing any more, aspecially the older ones. But i don't like to have them double and i do think a new color ore sculpt will make them better.

I'm also planning to resculpt the new fjord horse and arabian to make them more like the redone pictures in the other topics (but i don't have the money to do that right now (A) )

Sow i will ask you all; To resculpt ore not to rescupt?

Tankt for your opions about my (know) dapple grey rescupt, i still need to upload the process pictures of him! but i ceep on forgetting to do it with al my new projects on the table, sorry for that)  Embarassed and sorry for the weird Englisch i try my best Very Happy

Last edited by Dum_my on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Susanne has mentioned on here once before that it always makes her heart bleed to see old figures redone. I feel the same way.

However, it is completely up to you what you want to do with them. Personally, I do not care much about what my figures are worth, as long as I like them. I have no intentions of selling them, ever! If you are redoing the figures to sell them, it's up to you what you think they're worth, and the buyer to what they are willing to pay. I do know that custom Schleich (or other major brand figure) figures can sell for a lot or never sell at all. It depends on who you are, what you know, and the quality of your work. Look at Breyer horses out there on the market. There are models selling for thousands or maybe more, but then there are those that don't sell for $3. As for value, if you're planning on selling, it depends. Completely.

If you don't want duplicates in your collection, you can trade them, or resell them in OF condition. Maybe, and it's very possible (especially with Schleich),  if you look closely, your duplicates might even be variants! Then you won't fell so bad about duplicate figures.

By the way, don't worry about your English, I can understand what you're trying to say. Wink

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:41 pm

It's important what YOU think. If you don't like having dubbles in you collection it would be quite sad to keep looking at your collection when you're not completely happy with them. In that case I'd say you should resculpt them. It's your collection ans so it is your choice. Don't be afraid to screw up! You can only get better at repainting/resculpting when you practice a lot. When you do get uninterested in your older (less good looking) customs you can always sell them, because you've had had more practice you should be able to improve your old CM wich will improve the value so you can sell it and maybe you even like your new improved CM wich could save you an old (high valued) schleich horse...

In the end, as said above, it is your own choice Wink

btw, your english is fine :) (on the other hand, my mobile phone doesn't have spellings check... so my post probably contains aome spelling mistakes...)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:55 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Susanne has mentioned on here once before that it always makes her heart bleed to see old figures redone. I feel the same way.

Exactly !!!!
If it was up to me, I would sell or trade those old beauties and buy some current model, which is still mass-produced Wink

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 11:16 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Exactly !!!!
If it was up to me, I would sell or trade those old beauties and buy some current model, which is still mass-produced Wink

You speak my words  cheers cheers 

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:25 pm

I completly understand you, sow i have disided to rescupt my 'more new' models and let the oldies have there peace. I can't sell them they are just to close to my heart. That's also the reason why my collection is still groing (even if i do have the models allready) I cant let a good deal go!

I will still resculpt the arabian en fjord horse from the 2014 coloction, when the time is right haha!
Thanks for your opinions i just dind't know what to do! Now i'm just going to make beatifull things out of more damaged pony's (some of them are just to far gone) and that sad i think. So thanks a lot! and you will hear from me Wink

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Dum_my wrote:
I completly understand you, sow i have disided to rescupt my 'more new' models and let the oldies have there peace. I can't sell them they are just to close to my heart. That's also the reason why my collection is still groing (even if i do have the models allready) I cant let a good deal go!

I will still resculpt the arabian en fjord horse from the 2014 coloction, when the time is right haha!
Thanks for your opinions i just dind't know what to do! Now i'm just going to make beatifull things out of more damaged pony's (some of them are just to far gone) and that sad i think. So thanks a lot! and you will hear from me Wink

Good to hear  flower I'm looking forward to seeing you customs cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
JackyLovertjex

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 4:29 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Exactly !!!!
Exactly my opinion!

But.. I'm going to repaint/resculpt a grazing riding pony. I own already 2 of that mold in an almost perfect state. I picked this one up from a toy box, and it was al beaten up. So I thought this was my chance to give it some charm back!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:00 pm

For me, its totally your opinion. I do agree with all that has been said here. Personally, when the resculpt or custom is done and it totally gives the figure a new life and look, its a happy ending.  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Dum_my

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Have got the same question but then not about oldy's but about de ''made in''
I have bought some horses from a seller and i wanted to reschulpt them.
But i noticed that there are made in Germany and one in Tunesia... Mine are all from China.
Sow same question different thing to match;

Do you even look at the ''made in''' stamp?
Are there some stamps more rare then others ?
Schould i better ceep the china ones ore better ceep the germany ones to sculpt?

The differences are to a minimum this is why i don;t keep them for color variation.
Allready thank alot Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Again the stamps are personal taste. I really don't care where the model is made in. Sometimes two of the same model but from two different countries can be vastly different. Maybe I'll like one much more over the other so I'll buy that one. It's completely up to you Wink

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Hello demi! IM just gonna put this shortly: If the model looks like a crap just sacrifice him! Those models are still easy to get so don't worry not even I could make them look so horrible that you should throw them away xD Just do what you want :) Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.   To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark. Empty

Back to top Go down

To resculpt or not to resculpt? Same question other mark.
Page 1 of 1