Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Hi STS'ers!  Very Happy 

Yesterday, I had that strange artistic feeling.. I just HAD to finish Jacky's custom and I was so excited about it! I started with it like a year ago.. But it didn't go very well. So I painted it all white again... But I did a bad job and the paint was very thick. So I had to remove all the paint again before I could even start. It was a very thick layer! I did 2 or 3 layers of white paint, and under that was also a grey spray as base color. I'm not going to do the spray anymore and I'm planning to just start of with thin layers of white paint. :)

Since the Schleich riding pony is originally a mare and Jacky a gelding, I had to do a gender change :PThat meant that I had to sculpt. So I asked my mom to get some clay and the right pastels. I was very happy when she came directly home with them! (Thanks again mom  I love you She really supports my creative side, since she used to be just like me when she was younger)

(Here's the stuff I got with my victim  Twisted Evil Before I removed most of the paint )
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyways.. I'm just finished with sculpting. It's my first time, so it was still pretty weird. But it went better then expected! I did a genderchange, but I also made the belly a bit thicker, since Jacky is a good-filled boy!  Laughing

This is the result!

And with the original model

For the people who don't know Jacky (not the best photo's, but these show his markings the best)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Wow! I want to see pics when he's ready! Beautiful Jacky! cheers cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:24 pm

I can waith to see him finished  cheers cheers bounce 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JackyLovertjex

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Jacky has his basecoat now! I painted a few layers, but he still needs a final layer of white paint to get him all white and clean :) I'm going to have a busy day tomorrow, but I hope I find time so I can atleast draw his markings with a pencil on him :)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Looks good thus far! Can't wait to see him complete! Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:38 am

he's looking good already, I can't wait to see it finished bounce

http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:41 am

What a fascinating project  cheers 

I look forward to seing how you get along, too  Very Happy 

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:10 am

It's going great so far Kaat! I really like how you changed the shape of Schleich to make it more round, like your pony! I'm sure it's going to be beautiful portrait of your Jacky cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Nice work  cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:06 pm

Are you done yet?

Just kidding!  Razz 
Take your time. You did a great job on the sculpting already.
I'm sure you are going to turn this horse in a fantastic looking Jacky.

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Aww, what a little chunkster! Very Happy Can't wait to see him all done!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
JackyLovertjex

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you so much for the great comments!  cheers 

I didn't want to make him to chunky, because that wouldn't do him honor. I wanted to make him in his good young years, in good shape. I didn't have enough time to work on him today. I was riding REAL horses all day long! (Like really.. 4 horses in one day! I've never done that before Razz) So yeah.. He's still standing there in his white coat. I think I still need to do atleast 1 coat of white, so I can start with the markings tomorrow or so.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Aww you did a great job! Can´t wait to see it finished :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)   

Back to top Go down

Custom on the Riding Pony - Jacky! (WIP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1