Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife

Go down 
+6
Bloodrayne
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
weaselfan93
10 posters
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  Empty
PostSubject: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 am

After the bowhead whale, here is my second favorite Safari 2014 sealife figure, the thresher shark, posted for the first time on STS Forum. this is a great figure and I highly recommend it, my only criticism is that the tail was bent upon arrival although I believe it  looks like that on an actual shark as it swims. here is the thresher shark.  cheers Very Happy 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:29 am

Nice Very Happy Congratulations!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:19 am

Big congratulation Lance  Very Happy 

It seems it is notonly the tail, one of the flippers is also bended. Where did you buy it ?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 8:28 am

A very nice shark and pics  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 am

A beautyful and interesting model  cheers 

Congratulations, and thankyou for sharing, Lance , - the king of Safari  flower king 

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Have you tried to put the shark's tail under the hot water tap for like 30 seconds,
then put the tail in the position you want,
and then dip it in a bowl with cold water while you hold the tail in position for another 30 seconds.

That might do the trick.

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Congrats! A nice catch

weaselfan93

PostSubject: Thresher shark   Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Thank you friends, I bought the shark from handhwinnerscircle
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Oh, the pose! Smile Beautiful, new shark! I think the tail is good like this. The shark looks more powerful sunny BIG CONGRATS!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Congrats and thanks for the walk-around! I can't say which I like better, the Monterey Bay one or the Wild Safari Sealife one. Maybe during shipping, the bowhead whale hit the thresher shark with it's tail?  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:44 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Congrats and thanks for the walk-around! I can't say which I like better, the Monterey Bay one or the Wild Safari Sealife one. Maybe during shipping, the bowhead whale hit the thresher shark with it's tail?  Smile 

Aren't they different species? I thought this one is common Thresher shark and The Monterrey Bay a Big eye thresher shark.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

Aren't they different species? I thought this one is common Thresher shark and The Monterrey Bay a Big eye thresher shark.  scratch 

Yes, they're both different species. Oddly enough, the Wild Safari Sealife one has features of both a pelagic thresher shark and a common thresher shark:

Pelagic:

Common:

The Wild Safari Sealife thresher shark has the dorsal fin and tail of a pelagic thresher but the body and face of a common thresher  scratch But I think it more closely resembles a pelagic thresher shark.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:06 pm

You are right Orcagirl26.

It's not a good news because Safari Ltd was a picky brand IMHO, their models are often on the accurate side of manufacturers. I hope it is an exception.
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
You are right Orcagirl26.

It's not a good news because Safari Ltd was a picky brand IMHO, their models are often on the accurate side of manufacturers. I hope it is an exception.

Thank you  Smile Yes, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:14 am

I also agree with you. I like particulary that Safari cares more with Science than with character. I appreciate better a scientific correct figure with a not very good finish, than a charming and fantasied figure with a spectacular finish. Well, unfortunately this one as this little minus but I like it anyway. Also it was a good idea to make different species. Very Happy
Thanks Lance for your pictures. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife    Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife  Empty

Back to top Go down

Common Thresher Shark 2014 Wild Safari Sealife
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: