Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands
Age : 22
Joined : 2012-12-19
Posts : 3115

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon May 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Wow, what beautiful elephants! Shocked They are wonderful! Well done! cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Julie x busybusybusybusybusybusy
My Sirenians x Sirenian Searchlist
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1532

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon May 12, 2014 9:46 pm

Stopped breathing....They're among the betsetstest custom models i have ever seen. I still couldn't afford supporting you as with an increase of quality, prices became higher as well and it's very hard to support al of you talented customers......
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon May 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Andrew they are magnificent! If I didn't know better I'd say they were alive. Love the pink markings, so detailed and beautiful.

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Joan Milelire

avatar

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1192

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Tue May 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Really excellent! so alive!!! Applause 

_________________
Joan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Likaon Wildlife Models Shop
my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
elephas_maximus

avatar

Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Wed May 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Thank you Lucky Luke, Julie, Pege, Harriet and Joan for your comments.

JAVAN RHINO
I have a new model for sale, a 1:22 scale Javan rhino cow.  The model was based on various images of wild Javan rhinos, anatomically the neck is quite long and the body is a bit less massive than the Indian species.   
The model's dimensions are:
IN: 1.983 w x 5.432 d x 2.717 h
CM: 5.038 w x 13.798 d x 6.9 h

Please note: the model comes white and unpainted.

Here is the link and some images.
Shapeways-1:22 Javan Rhino cow

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I am also working on an African elephant bull.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Last edited by elephas_maximus on Thu May 29, 2014 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26697

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Wed May 21, 2014 6:54 pm

A very beautieful rhino too but i have the specie  cheers cheers cheers 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9661

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Wed May 21, 2014 7:00 pm

It's beautiful, very realistic, I love it! Elephant also.  cheers 

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Wed May 21, 2014 7:10 pm

She's fantastic!  I will make a small jungle scene like I did for the pair of forest buffalo done by Harriet and Anna, I'll have to wait to buy them until June but when the time comes I'll post the photos!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
signatus

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 53
Joined : 2011-01-31
Posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Wed May 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Love your figures . Perfectly performed !!!Congratulations Elephas ! Very Happy 

_________________
Miguel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15002

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Wed May 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Andrew... I really need to discuss with my banker because of you, Anna, Harriet, Miguel and Joan...

This Javan rhino is so quite and real, you have a great talent  Applause 

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
MiniZoo

avatar

Country/State : Australia
Age : 45
Joined : 2011-02-01
Posts : 396

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu May 22, 2014 5:03 am

Sensational! I will have to try this 3D modelling some time  Applause cheers 
Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
Joan Milelire

avatar

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1192

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu May 22, 2014 10:46 am

Excelent. A must have!  Applause Applause Applause 

_________________
Joan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Likaon Wildlife Models Shop
my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Geospiza fortis

avatar

Country/State : United States
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-01-12
Posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu May 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Very nice rhino.  Applause  Its great to see that your art is readily available to anyone who wants it.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5413

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Fri May 23, 2014 3:59 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
Andrew... I really need to discuss with my banker because of you, Anna, Harriet, Miguel and Joan...

This Javan rhino is so quite and real, you have a great talent  Applause 

Something to consider.... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10241

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Fri May 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Seriously, just amazing!  Applause Applause Applause I have no words to express how stunning these are!!
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
bjarki12

avatar

Country/State : USA/Texas
Age : 29
Joined : 2012-12-11
Posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Fri May 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Another fantastic work of art! Your javan rhino looks wonderful! The detailing is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

avatar

Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon May 26, 2014 11:10 pm

Thank you Andreas, Anna, Phil, Miguel, Christophe, MiniZoo, Joan, Ken Yeo, LeeAnn and bjarki12.

Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Tue May 27, 2014 1:21 am

They're fabulous Andrew!

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade Animal Sculpture*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Dum_my

avatar

Country/State : Nederland
Age : 25
Joined : 2013-10-24
Posts : 1221

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Tue May 27, 2014 10:34 am

This is just amazing!
There are really stunning beautifull Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

avatar

Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 am

Thank you Harriet and Dum_my.

NEW MODEL
I have added a new 1:22 scale bull Javan rhino to my shop for those interested.

The model's dimensions are:
IN: 2.483 w x 6.394 d x 3.11 h
CM: 6.306 w x 16.24 d x 7.9 h

Shapeways-1:22 Javan Rhino bull

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26697

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:19 am

Also very beautieful!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15002

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:52 am

It is again a fantastic model Andrew  cheers  I especially like the way the two models are working together.

Where will I find enough money ? That's the big question... I will find a big answer  Laughing 

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

avatar

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1192

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Applause Applause ApplauseApplauseApplause Again great model. Nice detail in the ear Very Happy 

_________________
Joan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Likaon Wildlife Models Shop
my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9661

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Beautiful!!! Very Happy cheers

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
signatus

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 53
Joined : 2011-01-31
Posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:58 pm

Lovely pair of rhinos !! Applause 

_________________
Miguel

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop http://www.likaonmodels.com/
My homemade models : www.signatustudio.com
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
LeeAnn
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : United States
Joined : 2013-01-20
Posts : 10241

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 pm

I am amazed!  Applause Applause Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Philter4

avatar

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 1406

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:43 pm

I just ordered the pair!  They will be here in less then 2weeks, I'll post pictures as soon as they arrive!!!
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
pm64

avatar

Country/State : Firenze,Italy
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-09-27
Posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:51 am

affraid affraid just unbelievable!!!!!! affraid 
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

avatar

Country/State : United States
Age : 20
Joined : 2013-01-12
Posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:43 am

Great rhinoceros! I believe those are the only ones available at this point, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
JonasV

avatar

Country/State : Finland
Age : 21
Joined : 2012-07-23
Posts : 5663

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Gorgeous! O.O this is just gorgeous!

_________________
Jonas

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

avatar

Country/State : USA/Texas
Age : 29
Joined : 2012-12-11
Posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Your rhino pair looks fantastic, Elephas! Really life-like!
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

avatar

Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:51 am

Thanks for the comments everyone.

@Geospiza fortis wrote:
Great rhinoceros! I believe those are the only ones available at this point, aren't they?

These are the only rhinos I have available currently along with all the elephants.  I believe they are the only Javan rhinos for sale as the Bullyland ones are discontinued?


Last edited by elephas_maximus on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1532

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:10 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
It is again a fantastic model Andrew  cheers   I especially like the way the two models are working together.

Where will I find enough money ? That's the big question... I will find a big answer  Laughing 

 Very Happy 
Same problem here!
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

avatar

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 3694

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Lovely pair of rhinos  Very Happy Applause cheers Cool 
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1422

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Great models. Do you think you could also create an alternate version of the adult and baby indian/african elephants that have trunks in their mouths whereby their trunks are out? Would be great to see such versions too.

Impressive work. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

avatar

Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:11 am

@Numaan wrote:
Great models.  Do you think you could also create an alternate version of the adult and baby indian/african elephants that have trunks in their mouths whereby their trunks are out?   Would be great to see such versions too.

Impressive work. Very Happy Very Happy

Yes with 3D models it is possible to make alterations such as you suggested. That is a great advantage over traditional clay models, much easier to customize multiple versions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Melekh

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 38
Joined : 2011-12-12
Posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:33 pm

When will the asian elephant bull be available again?
And what's with the african bull? Crying or Very sad

_________________
Christoph
Back to top Go down
Noémi

avatar

Country/State : Hungary
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-01-28
Posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm

I also can't wait them Christoph. I would like to buy both elephant bulls and javan rhino bull but I hadn't enough money to order them, when they were available. Since I can afford to buy them, they aren't available. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
Melekh

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 38
Joined : 2011-12-12
Posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:39 pm

@Noémi wrote:
I also can't wait them Christoph. I would like to buy both elephant bulls and javan rhino bull but I hadn't enough money to order them, when they were available. Since I can afford to buy them, they aren't available. Sad

That as my problem too Crying or Very sad

_________________
Christoph
Back to top Go down
Noémi

avatar

Country/State : Hungary
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-01-28
Posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:45 pm

I think these elephants are perfect. I love their pose and everything. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
elephas_maximus

avatar

Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:55 am

@Melekh wrote:
When will the asian elephant bull be available again?
And what's with the african bull? Crying or Very sad

@Noémi wrote:
I also can't wait them Christoph. I would like to buy both elephant bulls and javan rhino bull but I hadn't enough money to order them, when they were available. Since I can afford to buy them, they aren't available. Sad

Hi Christoph and Noémi,

I apologize for the inconvenience.  I wrote a post about this on another topic on the forum stating price changes on Shapeways had nearly doubled and I decided to take down my models as the prices were highly inflated.  
can be read here:
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t10444p30-grevy-s-zebra-and-indian-elephant-models

I have been busy with my work so have not figured out a solution to this yet.  I believe that it may come down to me sculpting smaller species and offering those for sale via Shapeways as big figures like adult elephants and rhinos just end up costing too much for the end product.

I will update you all on the forum as things progress. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Melekh

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 38
Joined : 2011-12-12
Posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:09 pm

So no more perfect elephants in 1/20....

I understand your reasons, but it's a big disappointment.

I hope in the future there will be a possibility for you to offer them again.
They are just perfect :)

_________________
Christoph
Back to top Go down
arafan

avatar

Country/State : Brazil
Age : 18
Joined : 2012-11-16
Posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Hi Andrew, I'm also really sad to hear that, I was hoping to get one of these 1/20 elephants. Too bad to see that I'm too late. 
But I got a idea, there exist some online shops that print models. Would it may be possible to sell the plans and not the figure? scratch Or would be that to unsafe, because everyone can print as many as he want?

_________________
Bryan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Noémi

avatar

Country/State : Hungary
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-01-28
Posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:11 pm

@arafan wrote:
Hi Andrew, I'm also really sad to hear that, I was hoping to get one of these 1/20 elephants. Too bad to see that I'm too late. 
But I got a idea, there exist some online shops that print models. Would it may be possible to sell the plans and not the figure? scratch Or would be that to unsafe, because everyone can print as many as he want?
I'm thinking about the same. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
elephas_maximus

avatar

Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:45 am

@Melekh wrote:
So no more perfect elephants in 1/20....

I understand your reasons, but it's a big disappointment.

I hope in the future there will be a possibility for you to offer them again.
They are just perfect :)
Hi Christoph, I too am very disappointed with the situation as the Shapeways shop was running smoothly until the new price changes.  This weekend I looked at a few other 3D printing services but they all ended up costing more than Shapeways.  
The white plastic that I chose from Shapeways was their most economical, best selling material and considered a good value with the old pricing.  The company caught on (even after offering the old price for years) and decided to double and triple the prices but in the long term I think this will hurt their business as there are many, many angry designers who feel completely betrayed (their forums are filled with angry designers who are in the same situation as myself).

I'm still going to try to see if I can work something out, it may come down to offering the elephants as model kits with a separate head and body which the customer would assemble......not sure yet.  

@arafan wrote:
Hi Andrew, I'm also really sad to hear that, I was hoping to get one of these 1/20 elephants. Too bad to see that I'm too late. 
But I got a idea, there exist some online shops that print models. Would it may be possible to sell the plans and not the figure? scratch Or would be that to unsafe, because everyone can print as many as he want?
Hi Bryan, I would prefer not to have my original model design available for download, I like to keep control of that.  I originally uploaded my design to Shapeways and then models were printed on demand as customers ordered them.
In this way customers could order a plastic model but do not have access to the original 3D design, I retain that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15002

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:56 am

@elephas_maximus wrote:

@arafan wrote:
Hi Andrew, I'm also really sad to hear that, I was hoping to get one of these 1/20 elephants. Too bad to see that I'm too late. 
But I got a idea, there exist some online shops that print models. Would it may be possible to sell the plans and not the figure? scratch Or would be that to unsafe, because everyone can print as many as he want?
Hi Bryan, I would prefer not to have my original model design available for download, I like to keep control of that.  I originally uploaded my design to Shapeways and then models were printed on demand as customers ordered them.
In this way customers could order a plastic model but do not have access to the original 3D design, I retain that.

Very wise decision Andrew, even if we are all orphans now Wink Why I haven't bought them at time? Crying or Very sad crazy macaque!

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9661

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:13 am

@elephas_maximus wrote:
@Melekh wrote:
So no more perfect elephants in 1/20....

I understand your reasons, but it's a big disappointment.

I hope in the future there will be a possibility for you to offer them again.
They are just perfect :)
Hi Christoph, I too am very disappointed with the situation as the Shapeways shop was running smoothly until the new price changes.  This weekend I looked at a few other 3D printing services but they all ended up costing more than Shapeways.  
The white plastic that I chose from Shapeways was their most economical, best selling material and considered a good value with the old pricing.  The company caught on (even after offering the old price for years) and decided to double and triple the prices but in the long term I think this will hurt their business as there are many, many angry designers who feel completely betrayed (their forums are filled with angry designers who are in the same situation as myself).

I'm still going to try to see if I can work something out, it may come down to offering the elephants as model kits with a separate head and body which the customer would assemble......not sure yet.  


The kit sounds like a good idea. Very Happy

What I imagine is that you would print one elephant in good detailed material and then take a silicone mould from that (or find a company making this kind of moulds). Indeed, the tusks are a bit challenging for moulding so probably would require separate mould. I don't think however dividing it into more parts is necessary. The rubber mould usually let most four legged sculptures to be cast in one piece (except for the tusks which are crossed in adult male elephant). I suppose you are able to find a company that would make the mould and casts for you. Many artists from the horse model hobby use this kind of services. And I suppose the costs of making mould and resin copies would be in this case cheaper than Shapeways 3D prints. (also, the silicone mould give really great, detailed copies) Smile

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
elephas_maximus

avatar

Joined : 2011-11-24
Posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:57 am

@Ana wrote:

The kit sounds like a good idea. Very Happy

What I imagine is that you would print one elephant in good detailed material and then take a silicone mould from that (or find a company making this kind of moulds). Indeed, the tusks are a bit challenging for moulding so probably would require separate mould. I don't think however dividing it into more parts is necessary. The rubber mould usually let most four legged sculptures to be cast in one piece (except for the tusks which are crossed in adult male elephant). I suppose you are able to find a company that would make the mould and casts for you.  Many artists from the horse model hobby use this kind of services. And I suppose the costs of making mould and resin copies would be in this case cheaper than Shapeways 3D prints. (also, the silicone mould give really great, detailed copies) Smile

Sorry, I should have been more clear, when I mentioned model kit I meant a 3D printed model kit.  If I separate the head from the body there would be a large hole in the model where Shapeways can fill with more tiny objects as it prints thus reducing the costs....its a bit complicated the reasoning and specifications but thats basically the idea.  They charge each model differently based on how much space it takes up in the printer and my large elephants took up a big area but if they could fit other models inside the hollow elephant body while printing the price goes down.

I have never separated a 3D model before though so we will see if that even works.

Yes, I previously had silicone moulds made for an 3D printed elephant model that was cast in plastic resin for a zoo (all copies are spoken for).  It was a lot of work preparing, painting and finishing each model but the end result, I agree, is very nice.  With my current work schedule I simply don't have the time to do that again unfortunately, maybe in the future but not presently.  Thanks for your input.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Noémi

avatar

Country/State : Hungary
Age : 26
Joined : 2013-01-28
Posts : 1452

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:11 am

@Ana wrote:
@elephas_maximus wrote:
@Melekh wrote:
So no more perfect elephants in 1/20....

I understand your reasons, but it's a big disappointment.

I hope in the future there will be a possibility for you to offer them again.
They are just perfect :)
Hi Christoph, I too am very disappointed with the situation as the Shapeways shop was running smoothly until the new price changes.  This weekend I looked at a few other 3D printing services but they all ended up costing more than Shapeways.  
The white plastic that I chose from Shapeways was their most economical, best selling material and considered a good value with the old pricing.  The company caught on (even after offering the old price for years) and decided to double and triple the prices but in the long term I think this will hurt their business as there are many, many angry designers who feel completely betrayed (their forums are filled with angry designers who are in the same situation as myself).

I'm still going to try to see if I can work something out, it may come down to offering the elephants as model kits with a separate head and body which the customer would assemble......not sure yet.  


The kit sounds like a good idea. Very Happy

What I imagine is that you would print one elephant in good detailed material and then take a silicone mould from that (or find a company making this kind of moulds). Indeed, the tusks are a bit challenging for moulding so probably would require separate mould. I don't think however dividing it into more parts is necessary. The rubber mould usually let most four legged sculptures to be cast in one piece (except for the tusks which are crossed in adult male elephant). I suppose you are able to find a company that would make the mould and casts for you.  Many artists from the horse model hobby use this kind of services. And I suppose the costs of making mould and resin copies would be in this case cheaper than Shapeways 3D prints. (also, the silicone mould give really great, detailed copies) Smile
Really good idea Anna! cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9661

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:21 am

@elephas_maximus wrote:
@Ana wrote:

The kit sounds like a good idea. Very Happy

What I imagine is that you would print one elephant in good detailed material and then take a silicone mould from that (or find a company making this kind of moulds). Indeed, the tusks are a bit challenging for moulding so probably would require separate mould. I don't think however dividing it into more parts is necessary. The rubber mould usually let most four legged sculptures to be cast in one piece (except for the tusks which are crossed in adult male elephant). I suppose you are able to find a company that would make the mould and casts for you.  Many artists from the horse model hobby use this kind of services. And I suppose the costs of making mould and resin copies would be in this case cheaper than Shapeways 3D prints. (also, the silicone mould give really great, detailed copies) Smile

Sorry, I should have been more clear, when I mentioned model kit I meant a 3D printed model kit.  If I separate the head from the body there would be a large hole in the model where Shapeways can fill with more tiny objects as it prints thus reducing the costs....its a bit complicated the reasoning and specifications but thats basically the idea.  They charge each model differently based on how much space it takes up in the printer and my large elephants took up a big area but if they could fit other models inside the hollow elephant body while printing the price goes down.

I have never separated a 3D model before though so we will see if that even works.

Yes, I previously had silicone moulds made for an 3D printed elephant model that was cast in plastic resin for a zoo (all copies are spoken for).  It was a lot of work preparing, painting and finishing each model but the end result, I agree, is very nice.  With my current work schedule I simply don't have the time to do that again unfortunately, maybe in the future but not presently.  Thanks for your input.

Oh, now I understand. I thought you were talking about resin copies kits.

So you actually took mould and made copies already. Yes, it is a lot of work. And prepping plus painting them later is even more work indeed! It's easy to understand that you may have not enough time for that all now. However, perhaps you can consider an option of selling raw copies, straight from the mould. Or/and the option of sending the raw copies to people who are able to prep them and paint them for collectors?

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   

Back to top Go down
 
New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino
» WEEKEND's available models: Gaur bull, White rhino, Chinese pangolin... UPDATED: 01.16.
» Awesome new K&M bulk animals lot i won on eBay, Sun Bear, Javan Rhino, etc
» Calleja Hobby Shop
» Calleja Model Shop

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs - Homemade models - Non toy animal replicas :: Homemade models-
Jump to: