Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers Empty
PostSubject: Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers   Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:14 pm

The first three photos are among my favourites. I have no idea who made them, or when, although I'm guessing 1950s. I've seen three more in the same series, one on Richard Lewis's thetoybox site (the cottage I now have is also the actual one on his site, but there is another bigger item - a village inn?), one seen on eBay and one seen at an antique fair, but both were too expensive for me to buy. The thatch is natural raffia.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The next two, the last for this post (although I'll add to the thread gradually) might be home made by an amateur rather than commercially made toys/models - I really have no idea either way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers   Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Very nice buildings  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers   Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:29 pm

Very cool, I love the first three as well cheers Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers   Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 8:53 pm

OHHHH! How enormously adorable  I love you drunken 

If I had room ( and, hmmm, what is it I would need also ?  Rolling Eyes  scratch ) for it, I would collect that kind of things  cheers 

DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers   Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
OHHHH! How enormously adorable  I love you drunken 

If I had room ( and, hmmm, what is it I would need also ?  Rolling Eyes  scratch )  for it, I would collect that kind of things  cheers 

Because many animal toy collectors don't have room to collect the buildings made to go with farm & zoo animals it considerably reduces the demand for them, so many are quite cheap for the charm and impact they have on a displayed collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers   Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers Empty

Back to top Go down

Vintage farm buildings by unknown makers
Page 1 of 1