Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?

Go down 
+7
elephas_maximus
NightLioness
widukind
JonasV
DaveScriv
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? Empty
PostSubject: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:07 pm

I know there is a subject about this somewhare, but I just can't find it  scratch 

Well, perhaps they can be linked...
The challenge for me is that sealife and birds with wings spread out take up a lot of spac. And on the shelves they just look a mess.

So when my son wished some plastic stuff that can be modelled by hand, I bought some extra for myself, in order to make some supportss...or what to call them Wink 

It is called Polymorph and I got it here. There is a little video showing how it is used.  study 

This is probably 50 years since I have tried modelling, so it is not very nice, - but it works  cheers 
Anyway, if I get better, the plastic can just be melted again and re-used Wink

Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? IMG_8411_zpscb7d9a8d

My first attemt failed, because the stick in the middle could not hold the top.
So I made some sticks and waited till they were cold , - this was the second attempt :
Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? IMG_8412_zps3096dd0f

I realized that it was ok to make the bottom and the "stick" in one piece :
Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? IMG_8413_zpsc5baf7df

Here I attempted to make a click-on hoilder for the Schleich seagul.
Well, again it works  Laughing 
Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? IMG_8414_zps2a657de7

You can buy a colouring powder for the plastic, - could be great with blue for the sealife, couldn't it ?

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:28 pm

This stuff looks really cool! I might try to find this somewhere study Your stands look great! cheers

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Have you tried starting with some strong wire, to provide a stiff 'skeleton', and them moulding the plastic around it?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:36 pm

I just did a little research and it seems in the US we have Friendly Plastic and ShapeLock. scratch I need to get my hands on this! Laughing Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:07 pm

DaveScriv wrote:
Have you tried starting with some strong wire, to provide a stiff 'skeleton', and them moulding the plastic around it?

Great idea !!!
Especially if I get some of the colour powder put in, so the wire becomes invisible  Very Happy 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
This stuff looks really cool! I might try to find this somewhere :study:Your stands look great! cheers

Thankyou 4U ! He, he, great for a 5 years old  geek Laughing Laughing
But it is lots of fun  Very Happy 

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:50 pm

What a great idea! Looks very good! sunny  Can I try to do something like that? Smile 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:51 pm

jonesee wrote:
What a great idea! Looks very good! sunny  Can I try to do something like that? Smile 

Well, if I can, I am sure you can make it MUCH better  Laughing Laughing 

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
jonesee wrote:

Well, if I can, I am sure you can make it MUCH better  Laughing Laughing 

Nah, Yours are perfect Very Happy Applause Razz 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:22 pm

A good idea  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Those are handy! Can you paint them?

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Great stands and idea, thanks for sharing. This could possibly be used to make flat bases for four legged animals too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:00 am

Fantastic idea, I always wanted to do this, I get frustrated with my birds and ocean shelves because they just look cluttered. Thank you for posting this!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 1:09 am

Good work and ideas Susanne! flower Figures look much nicer in stands and instead of inventing something to fit, you make them correctly adjusted. That's brilliant. Very Happy
I think blue is a good idea to marine life as long as it is not deep sea fish! Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:31 am

Thanks, friends ! I am happy that you like the idea Very Happy
I hope to see what can be made by somebody with 2 thumbs instead of the 10 thumbs like me  Laughing 

NightLioness wrote:
Those are handy! Can you paint them?

I have no idea . Perhaps somebody else can try scratch 

Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Those look great, great idea!  I think your dolphins can really jump high now, higher than a seagull flies even!

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 9:29 pm

lol! lol! lol! 

MrsD123

Country/State : scotland

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 5:04 am

I use Thermomorph for saddle "trees", just a lozenge of plastic moulded to a particular horse and covered in leather. then used elastic surcingle .... no way is it LSQ, but looks fine at a distance of 2metres, it can be moulded like plasticine, if you are quick, keep a bowl of hot water handy, trying to make stirrups to malke cast pewter oner is a fail, so far.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 9:34 am

Hello, MrsD123 , and thankyou for the tip Applause
A warm welcome to The Forum ! Great to see some more grown up people here Wink

It would be nice to learn a little about yourself and your collection. There is a place for introducing yourself here https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/f27-welcome-on-sts-forum Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?   Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Support, lifting a model, giving more space, holder..or what to call it ?
Page 1 of 1