Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba

Go down 
+13
Taos
Dum_my
Tupolew Tu-154
ken yeo
Ana
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Roger
widukind
skysthelimit
LeeAnn
koniminiatures
17 posters
AuthorMessage
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba Empty
PostSubject: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Here's a small walkaround of the Shiba figurine from the Nature of Japan series, volume 2, by Kitan Club. The figurine is a bit over 4,5cm tall (making it approximately 1:9 scale) and very finely sculpted for its size. It has fur texture all over, whorls and rolls of subcutaneous fascia; the legs are excellently angled with subtle muscle delineations, dewclaws and carpal pads; and the pose of the dog has wonderful gesture overall, depicting a happily alert, even slightly mischievous little dog.
I'm particularly pleased the puffed-up, perfectly round-looking head of teased-up fur and a face squished to a more Akitaesque look that's sometimes seen on show-groomed Shibas has been foregone on this sculpture in favour of a decidedly Shiba appearance - that of a light, fit and agile primitive hunting dog.

Besides the sculpting, the figure's paintwork is also very, very good, with the subtle shading of the very matte coat actually managing to make the dog's fur appear soft, plush and dense. The paws sport paint-accentuated pads and even nails; the often deliberately overlooked details of anus and sheath have been painted also. The dog's eyes are especially well done for such a small figurine; flawlessly applied black "skin" surrounds the slanted, dark brown eyes which have pupils painted on (and not even wonky!). The eyes have been given a very glossy finish that gives the dog a literal glint in its eyes, further suggesting mischief in the tiny dog's expression.

I'd say this little fellow is overall the best model of a dog that I've encountered and one of the most lifelike of all the models, of any species, I have - and for a mass-produced, very miniature model, it's a lot said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Wow! That's amazing! Shocked Congrats Lea! Very Happy

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Gorgeous figure  cheers 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:30 pm

It is a very nice dog  cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Excelent descriptive text as always! Very Happy I am surely convinced about the quality of the figure after reading your comments, although it is visible how good it is on your pictures. Though, additional information turns it clearer. Very Happy
Definitively an excelent dog replica! Congratulations and thanks for showing! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 6:24 am

As Roger said, your explanations and your beautiful pics are so convincing!

So, congratulation Lea for the figure and for the walkaround.  Applause 

This small and cheap model is a fine example of the Japanese brands qualities: accuracy, natural pose, painting.  Cool If I had enough money, I will send one dog to each Majors: Look at this! It is possible  Wink 
I don't want to say Major companies models are bad, my shelves are full of their models. Nevertheless when I look at this little dog (or at the Brown bear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) I can't prevent myself from dreaming of the Papo grizzly, gibbon or the Mojo cheetah painted like that  drunken 

More, I would like to say I love this kind of topics: Good pics, good explanations, it is an excellent tradition! Thank you Lea  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:42 am

What can I add ? FABULOUS  cheers cheers cheers 

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 9:02 am

Have to have! Where did you get it from?
Congrats Lea, thanks for the pictures.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:20 am

Thank you all for your lovely comments! I'm glad you liked the pictures and accompanying ..well, rosy-tinted praise.

Kikimalou wrote:
This small and cheap model is a fine example of the Japanese brands qualities: accuracy, natural pose, painting.  Cool If I had enough money, I will send one dog to each Majors: Look at this! It is possible  Wink 
I don't want to say Major companies models are bad, my shelves are full of their models. Nevertheless when I look at this little dog (or at the Brown bear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) I can't prevent myself from dreaming of the Papo grizzly, gibbon or the Mojo cheetah painted like that  drunken 

Oh, don't! You mustn't tempt us with impossible visions like that. I can feel my wallet screaming at the thought.. But no, it would be pretty great, of course, if the major Western companies took note of the Japanese brands' diligent attention to detail and overall quality in all aspects of the figurines. I bet we'd swiftly see a 200% increase in their prices, though, too.

HKHollinstone wrote:
Have to have!  Where did you get it from?
I got the figure off eBay from this very accommodating seller - he hasn't got another one, though, and the other copies of the model that I can find on eBay currently are all going at over double the price I paid. Perhaps if you keep a close eye on the site, you'll be able to catch one at a more reasonable price, though. Or, you could try buying it straight from Japan - the new Kitan figurines and sets aren't scarce there yet, and go for a lot less than their eBay-listed counterparts at the moment.

Hmm.. if I find another one going cheap, I'll pick it up for you, shall I? And if you don't want it or have found yourself another one in the meanwhile, I'm sure I can find it a willing new owner somewhere.  Cool

Last edited by koniminiatures on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:13 am

Wow, this figure is amazing! Congratulations! It really must be one of the most beautiful dog figures in existence  Applause  Applause  Applause 

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

I would said this one of the best dog in 2013.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Wonderful.

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:55 am

Beautifull model , i'm clad i know what he is know.
Shame i will never have him i think Razz
But still new to see somebody has him now who apriciate his greatness ^-^

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Wonderful,wonderful model!!! Applause Applause Applause

Sheepish

Country/State : USA / Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 4:57 pm

Oh, I love this! I definitely need one! Does this company do other 1:9 scale dogs?
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Would love one too <3 Great walkaround, thanks Lea! Very Happy

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 pm

What a beauty! He looks just like my real-life Basenji mix, Frodo!

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Oooh, it's gorgeous!! I need it Shocked

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba   Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba Empty

Back to top Go down

Walkaround: Nature Techni Colour Nature of Japan vol. 2 - 01 Shiba
Page 1 of 1