Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:26 pm

I ask because am not sure if i should collect Resin models too or not. Exclude the custom animals that i love and that have a special place in my collection i have also a few Kabaya models.

And i like this models but i am not sure if i have a good feeling for my collection. It is a little strange, i know, and i dont know why but .... scratch 

I know there are so many beautieful resin models but i havent a right feeling for my collection with this kind of animal replicas.

What you think  question geek geek geek 

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:21 pm

I have the Stegosaurus and Tupuxuara in 1/72 from David Krentz. My only concern is that these are fragile, especially in this scale, and can break easily in cleaning. I have never painted or cleaned either one, but I plan to do so eventually.
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 pm

I have several pairs of resin animals in my Noah's Ark collection. At the time I bought them, they were, shall we say, the only game in town. Excluding all the equines (including the unicorns and pegasi), I think I have 12 resin animals. If I could find replacements for them, I would. However I have yet to see any toy company produce an echidna.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:20 pm

I have an owl, which we got for our wedding...and two whippet dogs and 3 Siamese cats  Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have several pairs of resin animals in my Noah's Ark collection.  At the time I bought them, they were, shall we say, the only game in town.  Excluding all the equines (including the unicorns and pegasi), I think I have 12 resin animals.  If I could find replacements for them, I would.  However I have yet to see any toy company produce an echidna.
Thank you

A echidna have Science and Nature

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:44 am

A big one and a small one, look at  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  cheers

There is also one in the Yowies, both English and Australian yowies have one  Wink 

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:49 am

My sister have some macaws.
But I don´t have anything. Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
A big one and a small one, look at  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  cheers

There is also one in the Yowies, both English and Australian yowies have one  Wink 

And a long beaked echidna by a Chinese maker

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:00 pm

I have several artist resin horses, but I'm not sure if they are those resin figures you're talking about.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Now it seems I'm stupid but I'm not sure what resin really is. Am I wrong, is it some model made by an artist? Like homemade model?
Thanks Wink 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:22 pm

I have the urial made by Anna and I'll have the female gaur from Noemi. To finish, I'll get the new mosasaur from SIDESHOW end 2014 thanks to a shop selling sideshow statues in Belgium sunny 

http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:02 pm

jonesee wrote:
Now it seems I'm stupid but I'm not sure what resin really is. Am I wrong, is it some model made by an artist? Like homemade model?
Thanks Wink 

Resin is like artist resin model horses, not a plastic but I guess you can compare it to plastic. Sort of hard to explain.  scratch 

I have a Breyer "resin" model, which I like very much.

Andreas, I think it's a good idea to get a resin figure if you're interested in it (and the price is right, of course Wink ) as long as it will be safe, as resin is easily breakable  Wink 

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
jonesee wrote:
Thanks Wink 

Resin is like artist resin model horses, not a plastic but I guess you can compare it to plastic. Sort of hard to explain.  scratch 

I have a Breyer "resin" model, which I like very much.

Andreas, I think it's a good idea to get a resin figure if you're interested in it (and the price is right, of course Wink) as long as it will be safe, as resin is easily breakable  Wink 

Many thanks sunny I guess I got it Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Here's my resin Breyer model

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:46 pm

He's gorgeous! I believe you love it drunken 

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Yes, thanks Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Here's my resin Breyer model

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes, this is the stuff what i mean. I really like the handmade figurines from our members and also a few japanese small resin figurines by Kabaya for example. But i dont know if i will like this bigger scale stuff. Some looks really good but i dont know  scratch scratch 

PostSubject: Re: How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?   Today at 5:36 am

Back to top Go down

How many Resin animals you have and what you think about Resin?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1