Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:39 am

They look very similar, right? See You here the Comparison:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So by Papo I am very disappointed with the manatee and walrus, as there are better models and Papo it even can better.  Evil or Very Mad Only the really new octopus looks very good.

Sorry, my English is not so good, I hope You understand me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 am

Yes, manatee and walruus are not good news for collectors... Octopus and beluga will enjoy us I guess  Wink 

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:51 pm

With Maia & Borges there is a good explanation : They made the ones for Schleich , and were allowed to manufacture several of the marine animals again, only with their own logo Very Happy 
Sorry, you probably know this already  Embarassed 

But Papo !  Suspect 
Perhaps M & B also makes the manatee and walrus for them now  scratch 

At least they are something for collectors of variations, even if it is only variations in the logo Laughing  Laughing -marking

Thankyou for the great comarison-photoes . flower

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Walrus and manatee looks very similar

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:20 pm

I was hoping the walrus would look somewhat like Papo's mutant one Neutral Papo's octopus seems to be in a "walking" position, but Schleich's and M&B's is in a laying position.
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
With Maia & Borges there is a good explanation : They made the ones for Schleich , and were allowed to manufacture several of the marine animals again, only with their own logo Very Happy 
Sorry, you probably know this already  Embarassed 

Also the tropical fishes and any sea life models more  Very Happy 

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Will Maia & Borges turn in a kind of AAA? Very Happy
If I am not wrong, Schleich, Bullyland and Safari, the three oldest major brands, used AAA molds in their ranges in early years. :)
As a collector I also don't find it interesting, I enjoy to see new representations, to study them and compare them. However it can make the difference between Maia & Borges keep in business or not. ... and I am not neutral to the interesting water and lake birds they released recently. Very Happy
I really hop more figures or series from the brand, I like their sculpts and adore their manufacturing. cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 pm

I really hop more figures or series from the brand, I like their sculpts and adore their manufacturing. cheers

Me too  cheers 

Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Even if they are the same models than e.g Schleich have made, I like them! Thanks for the pic, Numaan!

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:58 pm

WOW!!! Yes ! They are THE SAME  Shocked 

schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:26 am

If I am not wrong, Schleich, Bullyland and Safari, the three oldest major brands, used AAA molds in their ranges in early years
. :)
As a collector I also don't find it interesting, I enjoy to see new representations, to study them and compare them. However it can make the difference between Maia & Borges keep in business or not. ... and I am not neutral to the interesting water and lake birds they released recently. Very Happy

I don't understand your point, Roger. AAA cross-licensed some of its figurines (mostly sealife) for attribution and distribution by those other makers, but so did Maia y Borges itself and Safari, Ltd. with Schleich, back in the early to mid 1990's. AAA is a well-known maker with diverse animal lines. Maia y Borges has made dogs and now waterfowl independently of the major makers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:29 am

jonesee wrote:
Even if they are the same models than e.g Schleich have made, I like them! Thanks for the pic, Numaan!

Maia y Borges now not only offer the same sealife figurines they manufactured for Schleich in the past, but also additional figurines that were never made before, to my knowledge (bull shark, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 am

I also think you can not compare like that.
When Maia & Borges as smaller brand I understand maybe, but by Papo as a major brand I am a little disappointed, they can do it self better. I think it had to go at Papo quickly, perhaps to increase the seawater series.

Sorry, my English is not so good, I hope You understand me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

I really don't see the problem here. When Maia y Borges released their own versions of the old Schleich manatee, etc., I thought it was a very good thing for them to do because it gave newer collectors a chance to obtain fresh new versions of these species, instead of having to pay through the nose to get a badly scuffed retired Schleich manatee, etc. For what it's worth, I think the new Papo octopus is superior to the old Schleich and AAA versions, but that's just my opinion... Smile 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:32 am

If I am not wrong, Schleich, Bullyland and Safari, the three oldest major brands, used AAA molds in their ranges in early years

I don't understand your point, Roger.  AAA cross-licensed some of its figurines (mostly sealife) for attribution and distribution by those other makers, but so did Maia y Borges itself and Safari, Ltd. with Schleich, back in the early to mid 1990's.  AAA is a well-known maker with diverse animal lines.  Maia y Borges has made dogs and now waterfowl independently of the major makers.  

Yes, you're right, that's why I am questioning if M&B will turn in a kind of AAA and clearly not saying that they are a kind of AAA. Can you see the border?

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 am

I don't understand your point, Roger.  AAA cross-licensed some of its figurines (mostly sealife) for attribution and distribution by those other makers, but so did Maia y Borges itself and Safari, Ltd. with Schleich, back in the early to mid 1990's.  AAA is a well-known maker with diverse animal lines.  Maia y Borges has made dogs and now waterfowl independently of the major makers.  

Yes, you're right, that's why I am questioning if M&B will turn in a kind of AAA and clearly not saying that they are a kind of AAA. Can you see the border?

Do you mean that M + B may increase and diversify offered animal lines like AAA?  scratch Smile  That would be great, as I think Maia y Borges figurines are of very high quality...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Do you mean that M + B may increase and diversify offered animal lines like AAA?   scratch Smile  That would be great, as I think Maia y Borges figurines are of very high quality...

I don't know, but if that experience with Papo is fruitful, probably the brand will extend their lines to increase their business. I have no idea, I am only speculating. study
I would love to see more lines like water and lake birds, with unusual species and their traditionally good quality. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?   Today at 10:58 am

Back to top Go down

Papo, M+B, Schleich sea life: The same models!?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1