Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Some questions about Black forest Horse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Menphis

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Hello
Today, I wen to my local store, I was lookinf the shelves and I saw a lot of Black forest Horse 136632 in line Properly. All the figures in a long line. I saw a different one and I had a look below: Made in Germany, All of them was made in China except this guy.
I bought it and I went to my house. I have 136632 made in China and 821408 Black Forest Special edition made in Germany.
I saw in gaschers:
Black Forest Heavy Stallion

Limited Edition - only 3.000 worldwide! With original "Schwarzwalder" brand. This horse will be one of the new editions 2010 - without brand.
The Black Forest 136632 and the Black Forest 821408 are differents ins shapes and color and in material too. Plastic is soft in Black Forest 136632 made in China and more hard in 136632 made in Germany and 821408 special edition.
Have a look to the pics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
136632 left made in China, right made in Germany.

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:07 pm

136632 made in Germany and 821408 special edition made in Germany. Both of them are similar in shapes, colors and material

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Nice variant Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 pm

That is very interesting and with the difference in quality being more noticiable between figures made in different countries, it will increase the interest of Schleich collectors in these different versions.
Honestly, I would love to add on toy animal wiki, all the versions known in their respective animal figure entries. :)
So, if anyone knows... I believe all figures have a made in China version but that only some of them have a made in Portugal version as well as a Made in Tunisia. study
Do all figures have a made in Germany version too or only a big part of them? scratch
Congratulations for finding that variation! cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That is very interesting and with the difference in quality being more noticiable between figures made in different countries, it will increase the interest of Schleich collectors in these different versions.
Honestly, I would love to add on toy animal wiki, all the versions known in their respective animal figure entries. :)
So, if anyone knows... I believe all figures have a made in China version but that only some of them have a made in Portugal version as well as a Made in Tunisia. study
Do all figures have a made in Germany version too or only a big part of them? scratch :
No not all figures have a made in Germany version, and no of these figures is really a made in Germany figure the figures are all painting in Tunisia, Tunisia only produce some farm animals and horses, I've never seen a a wild animal of there.

But congratulations for these great different figures! cheers

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:34 pm

interesting markings on the horses

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:48 am

Do all figures have a made in Germany version too or only a big part of them? scratch

Roger, I don't believe that the earliest Schleich figurines (up to maybe the early 1980's) had Chinese-manufactured versions. I know there is a Chinese 13103, but I don't believe there was a Chinese 13004, for instance, so maybe certain figurines from that era were made in two or more locations, but not others. I haven't run across any 1970's Classics that were Chinese manufactured... Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Menphis

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:41 am

I have some farm animals and horses made in China and made in Germany like for example, Poitou donkey, there are many differences between the two versions. I collect animals in their different versions if as possible. When I saw the line of animals in my local store Im looking for differences in colors and shapes.
The Lusitano horse has three made in....( China, Portugal and Germany)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 pm

Thanks Bryan, Phil and Miguel for responding to my question! cheers
It is more complex than I expected, maybe it is an enormous task to find all versions from all figures! affraid affraid cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:12 pm

Yes then it's something rare! Very Happy I only know the kangorooh female that has 3 versions(Germany, Porugal and China)

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:32 pm

It is more complex than I expected, maybe it is an enormous task to find all versions from all figures! affraidaffraidcheers
I saw some farm animals, horses and a few wild animals in two versions. It's a good topic for collect.

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Very interesting  cyclops I once saw a newer produced Lusitano in a shop, and he was in a different kind of material(it felt like that, more rubbery), than the old one I have in my collection. Also the other material seemed to affect how the paint was apllied to the figure. Both China versions.

Yes then it's something rare! :DI only know the kangorooh female that has 3 versions(Germany, Porugal and China)

Shire Mare Princess has also 3 versions - Germany, Tunisia, China  queen (I'm still hoping to find a Portugal version, if it exists  Wink )

schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:17 am

It is more complex than I expected, maybe it is an enormous task to find all versions from all figures! affraidaffraidcheers

It's a really interesting question, Roger. Ironically, many of us (myself included) have criticized some of the most recent Chinese-manufactured Schleich for very poor quality painting, but the early Chinese-made analogues from the 1980's generally had extremely high quality paint jobs, often superior to the German-made counterparts!

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:03 pm

What a nice find! Congrats!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
arafan

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Very interesting  cyclops I once saw a newer produced Lusitano in a shop, and he was in a different kind of material(it felt like that, more rubbery), than the old one I have in my collection. Also the other material seemed to affect how the paint was apllied to the figure. Both China versions.

Yes then it's something rare! :DI only know the kangorooh female that has 3 versions(Germany, Porugal and China)

Shire Mare Princess has also 3 versions - Germany, Tunisia, China  queen (I'm still hoping to find a Portugal version, if it exists  Wink )
Portugal produce a lot of the bigger wild animals how the rhinos, hippos and the asian elephants. Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:05 pm

It's a really interesting question, Roger.  Ironically, many of us (myself included) have criticized some of the most recent Chinese-manufactured Schleich for very poor quality painting, but the early Chinese-made analogues from the 1980's generally had extremely high quality paint jobs, often superior to the German-made counterparts!

I agree, it is a relatively recent thing. After Schleich telling that they were reducing the manufacturing costs, the quality of made in China versions dropped in a notorious way.
There are relatively recent figures that I also like best China versions, one of them is the yak, one of my Schleich favorites of ever. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:14 pm

It's a really interesting question, Roger.  Ironically, many of us (myself included) have criticized some of the most recent Chinese-manufactured Schleich for very poor quality painting, but the early Chinese-made analogues from the 1980's generally had extremely high quality paint jobs, often superior to the German-made counterparts!

I agree, it is a relatively recent thing. After Schleich telling that they were reducing the manufacturing costs, the quality of made in China versions dropped in a notorious way.
There are relatively recent figures that I also like best China versions, one of them is the yak, one of my Schleich favorites of ever. Very Happy

Yes, a hedge fund strikes again... Crying or Very sad  I also have a Chinese-manufactured yak, and it is excellent, but you can be sure that I only
purchased it in a retail toy store after carefully examining the three that were there.  Smile  Schleich hasn't always gotten the design of
its figurines right, but I think it made terrific versions of the musk ox, mountain goat and yak.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:14 am

Yes, a hedge fund strikes again... Crying or Very sad  I also have a Chinese-manufactured yak, and it is excellent, but you can be sure that I only
purchased it in a retail toy store after carefully examining the three that were there.  Smile   Schleich hasn't always gotten the design of
its figurines right, but I think it made terrific versions of the musk ox, mountain goat and yak.

These are 3 excelent examples among many others. Again among recent releases, there are other figures I like a lot like warthogs, kudu, badger, grazing zebra, etc. Though my favorite are indeed these two (musk ox and mountain goat). :)

Back to top Go down
She-Wolf

Country/State : Utah, USA

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:00 am

Nice! I have a Lipizzaner mare made in Tunisia. And I have a Arabian foal made in Germany, and a raccoon made in Germany!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions about Black forest Horse   Today at 10:44 am

Back to top Go down

Some questions about Black forest Horse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1