Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

arafan's new additions update November 2016

Go down 
+23
sauroid
Saien
persefone
koniminiatures
solannah
animalluvr6
Ana
Elros Alvar
orcagirl26
HKHollinstone
Carola
Bonobo
Tarunyada
JonasV
widukind
weaselfan93
NightLioness
Kikimalou
Florian
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
Roger
arafan
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Thanks Lennart! Very Happy The devil is absolutely great I love the details in the mouth! Very Happy cheers 
But of course it's in a really big scale.

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Congratulations!

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:05 pm

yay more collecta! Very Happy Very good haul - I love the photos specially those cows drunken Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Those CollectAs of 2014 are fantastic. They look even better in hand Very Happy

arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Thank you very much LeeAnn, Jonas and Carola! Very Happy 
I also don't thought that they will be so amazing! cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 12:06 am

I like them so much that all your wild life are already in my collection too. Very Happy Great pictures! Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:08 am

Congrats! They are amazing!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:43 am

CONGRATULATIONS cheers

arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 1:08 pm

Thank you Roger, Donny and Susanne! cheers

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:50 pm

So I bought my first Mojo animals, and they were better than I thought! Very Happy 
But first I would like to start with CollectA, I got the giant sable bull and I love him! cheers 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The next one is Papo, here I also got one the snow leopard, I still think the catalogue pictures looked much better. Neutral

I also got a few Schleich Very Happy 

And then last but not least, Mojo Fun! Very Happy With some amazing figures by Anna! Very Happy 
And crazy/drunken macaques Laughing Razz  
Strange bears Neutral
Ugly clouded leopards Razz 
A nice vulture! Very Happy 
And my favourite: The pangolin! drunken 

Of course I need to post a group picture! Very Happy 

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:08 pm

Big congratulations! cheers

I thought that Anna didn't do the pronghorn though? It was based off her design, but she didn't do that one scratch Anna's or not it's still a fantastic model Very Happy

Will you repaint the clouded leopard?

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:49 pm

Thank you LeeAnn! Very Happy 
I am almost sure that Anna sculpted it. scratch You also can find it at Likaon.
I'm not sure about the neofelis, but if I would start repainting he would be one of my first victims. Razz

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:26 pm

A lot of must haves Bryan:) Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 11:32 pm

Welcome to the pangolin club, Bryan! I am so happy it is your favorite! Laughing
Sunbear is a very decent figure and that clouded leopard is just perfectly sculpted, even better in terms of sculpt than this snow leopard, though, Mojo figure needed a much better painting while Papo is very acceptable for a mass produced version. Very Happy Congratlations! Very Happy

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 12:24 am

Congrats! cheers

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:42 am

Hreat to see new models you have got, Bryan! cheers I actually like the bear Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Thank you very much! Very Happy 
@Andreas: I'm absolutely agree! Very Happy I won't miss some of them in my collection. Very Happy 
@Roger: I don't know how much thanks I need to say to you, thanks for this awesome species! Very Happy 
I need to disagree with the sun bear, the fur and the skin looks awesome, but the face just looks odd, I also can't understand why they did it so big, I don't think there could be a much badder paintjob. But I'm agree with clouded leopard, but also here why it needs to be so big? The paintjob is poor, and I'm sure they could do it better. I was really disapited when I've seen this painob, Mojo isn't cheap so on the next time I will look at more than one walkaround. 
@Jonas: I'm sorry to say that but that isn't any bear, that's a sun bear. And this figure does not come close a real life one. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 6:44 pm

arafan wrote:
Thank you very much! Very Happy 
@Roger: I don't know how much thanks I need to say to you, thanks for this awesome species! Very Happy 
I need to disagree with the sun bear, the fur and the skin looks awesome, but the face just looks odd, I also can't understand why they did it so big, I don't think there could be a much badder paintjob. But I'm agree with clouded leopard, but also here why it needs to be so big? The paintjob is poor, and I'm sure they could do it better. I was really disapited when I've seen this painob, Mojo isn't cheap so on the next time I will look at more than one walkaround. 

Bryan, you don't have to thank me, it is a Mojo work under my personal idea. Ideas are the easiest part of the work. I only want to show my joy anytime I see someone pleased with it because it really makes me happy. Very Happy
About the sunbear, it could indeed be better although I don't think in any way that it is a bad figure. Disagreeing is a good thing and we learn a lot with each other anytime we show our different points about the same subject. Very Happy

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 10:01 pm

So I really don't know how exactly I'm felling, I'm extremely happy that I got some new figures but on the other side it makes me very sad that I'm not able to find any figurine in my country. I waited for months for these and I am one of the happiest man on earth that finnaly got them, anyway I hope to get the Schleich pangolin and the oryx soon, they seem to be very nice too. But let me introduce my newcommers! cheers

I'll start with the Southern cassowary from Safari, in my opinion he makes a great pair with his CollectA mate. Smile

Then I also got a lot of new CollectA's, on 2015 there wasn't much that I liked but there was one figurine that I definitley needed, the Woodland caribou! And even it having some really strange legs, he's a handsome boy! cheers

The next one is the Dugong, I really like Sea cows, so needed to get this one. It's definitley a nice model but it could have used a little more colour, a sea grass bush in his mouth or something like that. I also don't understand why they painted it pink under the fins. Laughing

The smallest one of this troop is the Womabt female with her baby, and I fell in love with them. It's such an educational scene and even being so small it they have awesome details. This modeller really knows how to model small figurines, hope he'll also do that in the future! Saddly the picture is kind of bad. Sad

Of course I also couldn't miss the Nilgai bull. He isn't bad but in my opinion nothing spectacular either, the colour should have been less dark. At least it's nice to have a new species on the display. Very Happy

Now let's get to our African fauna, as many of you know I like to have families in my collection, my Eland bull was lonley for too many years altough he didn't got a wife yet, his son came to live with him. Very Happy

At the beginnig I was really unsure if I really do like that model and if I really should buy it, but after watching walkarounds about it I begun to like him, so I bought him and what should I say, he was woth every penny! I never tought that it could be possible to do such an paintjob, not even talking about how good it actually looks like. Awesome model, I just think that it could have used some more fur structure like CollectA figurines normally have.

And the last one must be the Hirola! Very Happy What an incredible figurine, it is so small and has so many great details even it's face marks being kind of strange it's absolutely wonderful!

And not to forgett the group image:

Thanks for watching! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 8:38 am

Congratulations Bryan, all are must haves :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 9:51 pm

Thank you Andreas, I absolutely agree! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 11:23 pm

Absolutely fabulous flock cheers

Who would have imagined such fine models of such great species, just -say- 5 years ago ? bounce

Hmmm...I am not sure I agree that the zebra's fur should have more structure, - they have very short, smooth fur Very Happy

Your photos are great also, - very well presented. Look at the character that the caribou shows  Applause
Congratulations that they finally arrived, - I surely understand that you a a happy man Very Happy sunny cheers

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 1:57 am

Congratulations Bryan,
for sure, you haven`t made a mistake with no one of them...they are all great models :)
Like we discovered with Susanne, the Grévy's zebra is actually not fully painted by hand.
It is with printed strips and on some parts, they are connected by hand.
Did you found that ? :)

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 3:47 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Absolutely fabulous flock cheers

Who would have imagined such fine models of such great species, just -say- 5 years ago ? bounce

Hmmm...I am not sure I agree that the zebra's fur should have more structure, - they have very short, smooth fur Very Happy

Your photos are great also, - very well presented. Look at the character that the caribou shows  Applause
Congratulations that they finally arrived, - I surely understand that you a a happy man Very Happy sunny cheers
Thank you so much Susanne! Very Happy
I started collecting in 2013, so I don't really know how the time before that really was. I just know that 2013 was wonderful, in my opinion the best year since that, there weren't really a lot of new species but some of my favourites were made in this year (Saola, Narwhale, Maned wolf, Scimitar-horned Orxy, the nursing Tigress, and a lot of more Very Happy).
And you are right about the Zebra, it really has some great fur structure. Shocked You just see these very bad because the coloration and I didn't even noticed the mistake on the hooves. Razz You have an great eye for that! Very Happy
Thank you very I'm also quite happy as I didn't know that my cellphone could take pictures that are that good, I definitley will try to take some pictures outside.
And I really hope these weren't the last! cheers bounce

costicuba wrote:
Congratulations Bryan,
for sure, you haven`t made a mistake with no one of them...they are all great models :)
Like we discovered with Susanne, the Grévy's zebra is actually not fully painted by hand.
It is with printed strips and on some parts, they are connected by hand.
Did you found that ? :)
Thank you Costa! Very Happy
Yes they are definitley printed, and some weeks ago I saw a documentary about the production of Schleich figurines, there they also showed how the Giraffe calf is painted and just like you said, the coloration of the most figurines is actually printed on them only small details are painted by hand. I think CollectA does that in a similar way. Look at this video (on about 13:24) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I actually noticed that some stripes look a little strange, means that they in one part get bigger and aren't actually connected quite right. I will try to take a picture that showes that tomorrow, but you don't notice that when it's on your shelf. Very Happy

arafan

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 5:07 am

Wow, such a long time without getting new figurines! Shocked But finally I've got some news! cheers It was a real nightmare waiting for these models, as they should habe arrived in August and I've lost quite a amount of money. Anyway, I'm really happy that they arrived now and I'm really excited to show you them! Very Happy

I really wanted to get the Indian Rhino from Safari Ltd for a lot of years but always bought some that seem to be better and more interesting. I'm really happy that I finally got the opportunity, it's such a beauty! cheers

The next one is a nice little big cat :) I really wasn't expecting much, but really think that Safari did an great job on the model by itself and also on the great painting!

The last regular sized figurine was the Vaquita. I think you all know how threatened this species is, if it hasn't disappeared completely. ;( Again, I think Safari did an outstanding job!

i was really excited for this last one, the primate pack. I think most of you know I really do like primates and trying to collect in the same scale. Although these primates aren't in the same scale as my other mammals, they at least are a bit smaller. The paintjob is OK for the size, but not anything amazing (as they promoted in the promoting pictures...). Still, I really like the species chose and really hope there will be a Primate Toob 2.0 with some of their regular sized figurines downsclaed (Mandrill and Snub-nose would be amazing).

Thank you so much for watching! Although collecting isn't anymore a big part of my life, I still love this community and am always looking for some news! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: arafan's new additions update November 2016   arafan's new additions update November 2016 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

arafan's new additions update November 2016
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next