Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

CollectA Horse Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: CollectA Horse Help!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:02 am

So I have been contemplating whether or not I should purchase a CollectA horse or two... and I figured a few people on STS could help! ^-^ I'd really appreciate if people who recommend their favourite CollectA horses? Pictures would be nice, and any additional assistance would be too!

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:33 am

Hi Paige, I would recommend the Shire, Dartmoor, Fjord, Clydesdale, Hanoverian, Andalusian. Perhaps you would visit this site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are a lot of walkaround of CollectA figurines.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:51 am

I can definitely recommend getting the McDermott models for sure! Much better than Schleich. Smile

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:21 am

Or look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  cheers 

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Deborah's Molds are very nifty and I'd absolutely recommend CollectA horses. But if you have preferences for material, the models of 2011 (and possibly some of 2012?) are made of a softer and more rubbery material, than those of 2010 and 2013, which are of an almost Schleich hard material.

Nice thing about CollectA, I think, is that you can chose between two colours of each model.

I'd personally recomend the Hanoverian, the Friesian, the Shire Mare and Fjord Stallion.
Some photos of mine:
The Hanoverian, bay 2010.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here with the black Appaloosa, 2010  drunken 

Friesian black version 2010, with the Akhal-Teke Mare, 2013  Very Happy 

And with a Schleich.

The Fjord Stallion, brown dun 2013  Razz 

The Shire Mare, black version 2012(hard material though) with the Clydesdale Stallion, bay, 2013.

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Great photos Carola! That's a good point about the material. I recently purchased the Arabian mare in golden chestnut. I've read about the material, but I didn't know it was that bad. Shocked Very rubbery, a bit like the Schleich sea turtle but more rubbery. Those legs are so bendy Sad

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Great photos Carola! That's a good point about the material. I recently purchased the Arabian mare in golden chestnut. I've read about the material, but I didn't know it was that bad. :shock:Very rubbery, a bit like the Schleich sea turtle but more rubbery. Those legs are so bendy Sad

Thank you 4U  Very Happy 
Yes, I have also the Arabian mare, just the grey/white version. She is the only one I have of the softer material. She does stand well on her own, and the legs have not bend during the hot summer or anything, but one leg of the hard material Akhal-Teke, she has actually gotten a little bend in her left hind leg since I got her. .. Strange..  scratch 

I think the Arabian mare is very very beautiful, anyway, despite the material.
Here she is  I love you 

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Now I'm tempted to get the white one too Laughing The store I got mine from only had the golden chestnut.

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Now I'm tempted to get the white one too :lol:The store I got mine from only had the golden chestnut.

Wink 

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 pm

I found more photos of my CollectAs, if it could be useful  sunny 

Hanoverian again   Very Happy 

Shire Mare with Schleich Shire

Appy again  Surprised 

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Here she is  I love you 

So beautiful horse and good pic! I love you  Ty! cheers 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Great photos Carola! That's a good point about the material. I recently purchased the Arabian mare in golden chestnut. I've read about the material, but I didn't know it was that bad. :shock:Very rubbery, a bit like the Schleich sea turtle but more rubbery. Those legs are so bendy Sad

Thank you 4U  Very Happy 
Yes, I have also the Arabian mare, just the grey/white version. She is the only one I have of the softer material. She does stand well on her own, and the legs have not bend during the hot summer or anything, but one leg of the hard material Akhal-Teke, she has actually gotten a little bend in her left hind leg since I got her. .. Strange..  scratch 

Here she is  I love you 

That is the sexiest horse figure I know from major brands. I believe Schleich tried something like that but... affraid
Your pictures of these CollectA are brilliant, incredible how much I like that Hanoverian, When we get free from these toy shaped animals we are used from toy shops since our childhood and try to see real animals, CollectA just pops up! cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:51 am

Thank you Jonas  Very Happy 

Roger, yes, she is a very feminine and lovely mould  drunken Yes, maybe Schleich tried to do the same, but with a very unrealistic result.

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:34 am

Carola, I know this may be off topic, but would you be able to tell me which models are of the softer plastic that you know of?

I generally like CollectA horses for realism, but would like to avoid these ones if possible.

Many Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:37 am

Carola, I know this may be off topic, but would you be able to tell me which models are of the softer plastic that you know of?

I generally like CollectA horses for realism, but would like to avoid these ones if possible.

Many Thanks!

I don't own all CollectA horses, but as far as I know:
-All models from 2010 are hard plastic (Hanoverian, Friesian, Appaloosa)
-2012 Shire mare is hard plastic.
-All models from 2013 are hard plastic (Fjord, Akhal-Teke, Clydesdale, Shetland, Dartmoor, Przewalski).

The rest - from 2011 and 2012 I think are soft (Tennesee Walker Horse, Lusitano, Andalusian, Thoroughbred, Lipizzaner, Haflinger, Mustang, Quarter Horse).
The Arabian Mare is 2011, and soft. But to completely confirm all soft models, someone who own them can maybe tell us? I can't remember who told me this in the first place honestly, but was someone here actually.  scratch 

Harriet talks about the Mustang 2012 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], mentioning the soft material.

I don't know about the foals nor the big scale models.

sunny

Miss Jane

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:15 am

Thank you very much, Carola! This has helped me lots!
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 pm

I have the mustang foal in strawberry roan and it is the hard material. Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Thank you very much, Carola! This has helped me lots!

Anytime  Very Happy 

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I have the mustang foal in strawberry roan and it is the hard material. Very Happy

Nice! I had no idea about the foals quality  Surprised 

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:00 am

I am curious... does anyone have any of the Classic scale CollectAs? I like the look of the Classic scale Arabian stallion, but I won't buy it if it's the rubbery type scratch

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:46 am

All CollectA horses, up to 2010 are of a heavy plastic like Schleich or Mojo.
First 2011 Deborah are of a very light, soft and bendable plastic.
After these first Deborah's, CollectA is using again a harder plastic, but not comparable with what CollectA used before. For example, Shire mare looks much more solide than it is because it is a massive figure while Mustang looks much softer once it has really thin legs. Though, I believe they are made of a plastic with a similar density. Not as soft as Lusitanos but also not as dense as old Arabians. :)

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanks Roger! Very Happy

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:44 am

I have the Lusitano (2011), the Thoroughbred (2011) and the Quarter Horse (2012). The first two are definitely made of the soft, bendy material. I'd have to check the Quarter horse again to make sure, but I'm pretty sure it's made of the same material as well.
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:09 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I am curious... does anyone have any of the Classic scale CollectAs? I like the look of the Classic scale Arabian stallion, but I won't buy it if it's the rubbery type scratch

Seems not many collect the large scales. Cyhyraeth shows the Andalusian [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. No comment on the material though.. But maybe she can tell?  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Horse Help!   Today at 1:18 am

Back to top Go down

CollectA Horse Help!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1