Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Suggestions for the SUY of July, click HERE sunny

Share | 

Advertisements on forum

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:52 pm

Again, I am so sorry I cannot solve it. Try to follow Lea suggestion. You can lock adds only to STS if you want. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Banner Ads Problem   Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello, the new banner ads make it nearly impossible to create a new post...I would appreciate it if someone could
remove them.  bounce 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Heck, now I cannot even read what I just posted. This is ridiculous...and by the way, Milky Way is a crap chocolate bar!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Never mind, I installed AdBlock and it seems to have resolved the issue.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Good you solved it Wink

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Heck, now I cannot even read what I just posted.  This is ridiculous...and by the way, Milky Way is a crap chocolate bar!

Noo Milk Way is ducking good!!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 pm

I figured that we need to spend credits or pay to have the ads out of the forum. The only option available for admins is to reduce it what was already done.
So, the only chance is Torben spend some money or you use the Ads locker as Phil and other members did. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Good you solved it Wink

Thanks to Lea for her suggestion... Applause 
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:42 pm

I figured that we need to spend credits or pay to have the ads out of the forum. The only option available for admins is to reduce it what was already done.
So, the only chance is Torben spend some money or you use the Ads locker as Phil and other members did. Very Happy

Very well said, Roger... cheers  I think we all need the AdBlocker, or we all contribute to the forum...
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:43 pm

jonesee wrote:
Heck, now I cannot even read what I just posted.  This is ridiculous...and by the way, Milky Way is a crap chocolate bar!

Noo Milk Way is ducking good!!

Thanks, I stand corrected... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm having the same problem too and I use Google Chrome. It wouldn't be so bad but it blocks my view of the subject line when I go to make a new post  Mad I used to be able to refresh the page and it would go away, but that doesn't even work anymore  No 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm having the same problem too and I use Google Chrome. It wouldn't be so bad but it blocks my view of the subject line when I go to make a new post  Mad I used to be able to refresh the page and it would go away, but that doesn't even work anymore  No 

At this point I'm hitting the "Preview" button before I type my post, and it bocks the preview window, not the window I'm typing in. sunny I understand AdBlock will resolve the issue, but after reading so many poor reviews and problems other users have had with the program, I'm sticking with ignoring the ads.  Suspect 

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

At this point I'm hitting the "Preview" button before I type my post, and it bocks the preview window, not the window I'm typing in. sunny I understand AdBlock will resolve the issue, but after reading so many poor reviews and problems other users have had with the program, I'm sticking with ignoring the ads.  Suspect 

That works somewhat, I wonder if Java has something to do with it?  scratch 

EDIT: It works if you disable Java, but then you can't add the smiley face icons unless you know the shortcuts on your keyboard Neutral

Last edited by orcagirl26 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

At this point I'm hitting the "Preview" button before I type my post, and it bocks the preview window, not the window I'm typing in. sunny I understand AdBlock will resolve the issue, but after reading so many poor reviews and problems other users have had with the program, I'm sticking with ignoring the ads.  Suspect 

EDIT: It works if you disbale Java, but then you can't add the smiley face icons unless you know the shortcuts on your keyboard Neutral

I've been having a heck of a time with Java lately... Rolling Eyes

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

EDIT: It works if you disable Java, but then you can't add the smiley face icons unless you know the shortcuts on your keyboard Neutral

I've been having a heck of a time with Java lately... Rolling Eyes

Same here  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:01 pm

If you have Google Chrome, click on your JavaScript console, click Elements and then at the very top there should be something that says < !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC right click on that and uncheck the Word wrap. You also have to have Java disabled.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:16 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

It's back where it should be! It's not blocking my view anymore!  bounce Very Happy 

At least, for now. I'm not going to jinx it.  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Whatever change was made fixed it.  sunny 

QuollMate

Country/State : USA ~ Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:47 pm

I got these annoying CU Denver and Mathnasium math tutoring centers blocking me. scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://speedbirdconcorde.wixsite.com/speedbirdconcorde
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:03 pm

I've problems with chat box again... XP

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

Country/State : USA ~ Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:04 pm

I think there are problems with the PM box because I have sent several messages to a forum member yielding no reply. It is an important PM because it's clearing up a trade. -.-

Back to top Go down
http://speedbirdconcorde.wixsite.com/speedbirdconcorde
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Yep, but with the chatbox on the bottom of homepage.. So annonying -_____-!

Back to top Go down
JonasV

PostSubject: The ads on the forum   Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi!

Is this page selling space for advertisers?
I just don't like the every page I open there's ads like "Let's date with Asian woman's" and "Beautiful single Asian woman's" with some photos. Those photos aren't nice I think. There's children and maybe everyone doesn't wanna see those exposing women's. Or is it just that your computer choose the ads for you in every country? I don't understand that so can somebody explain? Why would we need those on animal figure forum?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:18 pm

That's not our reponsability Jonas. This forum is built for free and we don't receive any money from advertisers, they're needed to keep all forummotion working, as it happens with Youtube, for example. Very Happy
The advertising is usually adjusted with your profile based on cookies, so, being you a young man, it is natural that they think it is supposed you to like it. That's silly, I know.
I use add locker in my computer, it removes all undesired advertising and often I delete cookies in my browser.
You can configure which pages you want or not that Add locker lock adds. Anything needed just ask. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:38 pm

That's not our reponsability Jonas. This forum is built for free and we don't receive any money from advertisers, they're needed to keep all forummotion working, as it happens with Youtube, for example. Very Happy
The advertising is usually adjusted with your profile based on cookies, so, being you a young man, it is natural that they think it is supposed you to like it. That's silly, I know.
I use add locker in my computer, it removes all undesired advertising and often I delete cookies in my browser.
You can configure which pages you want or not that Add locker lock adds. Anything needed just ask. Very Happy

Thank you, Roger! = D
That's how I thought yeah Very Happy I actually noticed those small crosses and you can tell them you don't want those. Of course they think so... But glad this is solved now! I guess I won't see those anymore. Many thanks ; )

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:39 pm

... and often I delete cookies in my browser.

Why do you stop browsing for cookies? What do you have against cookies? affraid lol!

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
... and often I delete cookies in my browser.

Why do you stop browsing for cookies? What do you have against cookies? affraid lol!

Laughing Laughing No, I just delete them from my desk and put them somewhere... :)

Back to top Go down
Noémi

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: My forum became crazy. Please help. :(   Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:19 pm

My forum became crazy. Please help. Sad
I haven't this problem before. It's underlined words and small advertisment windows jump up. What happened? Can I make something to switch of this?

Search list: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sostozoo.hu/
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:40 pm

I would run a virus scan on the computer to make sure your computer doesn't have a virus. I see you're using Firefox, try using a different browser and see if that changes anything. I use Chome and it works fine for me, do you have Chrome?

Damon

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Oh dear! That's one nasty mallware you have.

Please try this first:
- Top right in your browser are 3 black lines, click on them
- Chose Add-ons
- Go to Extentions and check if there's anything weird there ... Just DELETE it, you don't NEED any add-ons, there's nothing bad with deleting them all if you think it's needed.
- After you did so, try closing your browser and restart the browser.

Most of the times this will end the issue, if not ...
Make sure to scan your complete computer, did you download something online lately?

I've had this before and some other people I know too, they fixed the issue with the add-ons.

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I would run a virus scan on the computer to make sure your computer doesn't have a virus. I see you're using Firefox, try using a different browser and see if that changes anything. I use Chome and it works fine for me, do you have Chrome?
Thanks but I did it. It found nothing. If it possible I us firefox. I prefer it instead of Chrome.

Back to top Go down
Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Damon93 wrote:
Oh dear! That's one nasty mallware you have.

Please try this first:
- Top right in your browser are 3 black lines, click on them
- Chose Add-ons
- Go to Extentions and check if there's anything weird there ... Just DELETE it, you don't NEED any add-ons, there's nothing bad with deleting them all if you think it's needed.
- After you did so, try closing your browser and restart the browser.

Most of the times this will end the issue, if not ...
Make sure to scan your complete computer, did you download something online lately?

I've had this before and some other people I know too, they fixed the issue with the add-ons.

Thank You very much! It works! Applause

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:52 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Great teamwork Wink

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Noemi download Adblocker/Adblock for Firefox, it helps a lot. Believe me :)

Back to top Go down
Damon

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Adblocker does work a lot, I use it myself, but it doesn't completely block out adware and malware

I'm glad it worked!

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Indeed CRAZY FORUM cheers cheers cheers

Thank you for your help Applause

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:18 pm

Thank You for everybody! Maybe next time I will know, what I can do if my firefox become crazy. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Good that your problem is solved now, - thankyou Damon and others flower

Great to have this topic for later, if something similar happens to my computer Applause

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:41 pm

I am glad you solved it with Damons' help. That's the best step to take anytime it happens. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
A-J

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm happy it worked again, however it wouldn't hurt if you check on you pc if it has somehow installed a program that instals these kind of weird ad-ons to you browser. You can check this by going to control panel on you pc and then click on uninstal programs. You you find a program that's named the same as your add-on was named you'd better uninstal it, also the date on which this program was installed could tell you a lot.

Not in all cases this is necessary, but I had to do it sometimes unfortunately. I hope you won't need to!

Back to top Go down
http://www.little-dandelion-studio.blogspot.com
Damon

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:07 am

Use an addblock at your browser, it helps.

vmi

Country/State : china

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:47 am

it seems some "new members" are spam. I already deleted some posts which lead to Plastic surgery advertisisng.  If someone of you see something special, please ask the mods and admins and show us a link to the posts or topics.  Wink  

spam members are awsome
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:20 pm

it seems some "new members" are spam. I already deleted some posts which lead to Plastic surgery advertisisng.  If someone of you see something special, please ask the mods and admins and show us a link to the posts or topics.  Wink  

spam members are awsome

You are so right !!! Suspect
...Or....Perhaps we should feel sorry for them, they are too stupid to have anything sesible to do geek Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   

Back to top Go down

Advertisements on forum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2