Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wolves change the landscape :-D

Go down 
+2
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Wolves change the landscape :-D Empty
PostSubject: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Look at this fantastic little video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa5OBhXz-Q

- turn the sound on low at the beginning, or your dogs go mad  Laughing  Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Ha, thanks for sharing. My dog hardly needs an excuse to howl along with anything.  Rolling Eyes Anyways, I actually did a long essay report about this exact thing for a few of my classes in school. It was really fun to research, especially Yellowstone National Park has a database and yearly synopsis on the website and so it talks about population growth, how certain individuals died, what they were eating and it was actually cool. I learned a lot, and it was a fun report to write. Thanks for sharing the video again, its a great little summary of all that the wolves did for the Park.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

confused confused confused 

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Ohhhh ! So the guy who made it has stopped it ! What a terrible shame  Sad 

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 11:50 pm

I watched it this morning, that's weird.  scratch 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Very interesting video, thanks for sharing! cheers

'Til then I walk alone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:24 pm

It works for me too now cheers

teardrop

teardrop

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Amazing story, Susanne! Shows how connected everything is in nature and reminds us how we are constantly trying to disconnect and destroy it Sad

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:31 pm

teardrop wrote:
Amazing story, Susanne! Shows how connected everything is in nature and reminds us how we are constantly trying to disconnect and destroy it Sad

Yes !!!! Sad Sad

sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:56 am

I wasn't fast enough to watch the video. But just yesterday I heard on the radio and later that evening also saw on TV that wolves killed an Iceland foal not far from my home. There will be DNA testing, but they are quite sure that it was wolves . I saw one as well, next to my horse's field. There are supposed to be around 50 or 60 wolves in our region and they are not shy at all and sometimes even walk around villages.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyFri May 22, 2015 8:48 am

That is terrible Shocked
If the owner knows there are wolves in the area, he should have little foals better fenced in, I think scratch
Wolves are meat eaters, and how could the wolves know the difference between a foal and a deer ?

However it is really scary that the wolves are not afraid of humans !!! I never heard about that before Shocked
Even tame wolves are usually very nervous around people they don't know What a Face

sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Yeah, well the wolves seem to be a growing problem here. As they are protected nobody is allowed to hurt them, so they have learned that humans are harmless. A few weeks ago a grown wolf prowled around a kindergarden for hours. Now they have fenced it in with rags, that move in the wind. I think the worst thing for the iceland breeder is - besides the loss of the foal - that he has to keep his horses indoor now. He even had two donkeys in the field because they are supposed to attack wolves, but it didn't help. And the mare was bitten as well, so she probably was to afraid to fight for her foal.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D EmptyFri May 22, 2015 5:12 pm

OMG Shocked
Poor mare . Neither she nor a couple of donkeys can protect a foal from a pack of wolves !

That is ridiculous !
Of course people should be allowed to protect children etc  What a Face

I think it is ok with wolves, if they are very scared of people, but tese are not, it seems .
And they should also be scared of things that smell of horse !
If they learn that they can do whatever they like, they will have to have a serious lesson.

I don't know much about hunting, but I know that if a dog has touched an electric fence once, it never appoaches that place again scratch
In books and films people shoot with rough salt to scare somebody off, - I don't know if it is just a fairytale...

But if one wolf threatens little children, that wolf should be shot ASAP, before other wolves learn it ...wolves are gorgeous , but there is a limit !!!! Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolves change the landscape :-D   Wolves change the landscape :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolves change the landscape :-D
Page 1 of 1