Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:35 pm

Very nice, Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:21 am

Thank you SyLoBe, Jonas, Miguel, Ken  sunny 

Jonas, it is my first fullbody/animal sculpt  Very Happy I've tried making human busts, several years ago, so I'm not unfamiliar with the FIMO material and the concept of sculpting.

Roger, I did change my mind on the size. I stay in the little scales, for now  Very Happy 

I see, looking at Takins I really think Agata did a great job capturing the specie, really  cheers

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:42 am

carola !!! is that your first time ?!!!! you are very talented !!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Thank you very much NandO  cheers 

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Wonderful model for a first attempt-great musculature!!! Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:21 pm

@Carola wrote:

Jonas, it is my first fullbody/animal sculpt  Very Happy I've tried making human busts, several years ago, so I'm not unfamiliar with the FIMO material and the concept of sculpting.

I don't believe you, Carola Razz cheers cheers !

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

Country/State : USA/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:02 am

Beautiful model! And it's especially impressive for being your first one. Very nice job!
(I know it's not quite on topic, I'm also really impressed with the sketches you did as preparation.)
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 pm

jonesee wrote:
@Carola wrote:

I don't believe you, Carola Razz cheers cheers !

There is not long from human to animal, I think  Rolling Eyes Ok, I once made a tiny full body Lara Croft, but it was not very nice, and is possibly ten years go  Razz 

@bjarki12 wrote:
Beautiful model!  And it's especially impressive for being your first one.  Very nice job!
(I know it's not quite on topic, I'm also really impressed with the sketches you did as preparation.)

Thank you very much  sunny I'm happy you also like my sketch  Very Happy 

Carola

PostSubject: New little Gypsy Vanner :-D   Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi all  cheers 

I got all hooked on making my own models, so I made a new one  Very Happy

I feel like a learn a lot, especially because when sculpting a model, there is no excuses, compared to when drawing 2D.
In 2D you can just skip things, or turn them your favorite angle and such - but with 3D - EVERYTHING must be considered.. but also, some things come as gifts... but still.. hard work, (to me that is  silent )!
I have the greatest respect for sculptors (even the makers of the mediocre 2014 Schleich horses - they are still, IMHO talented sculptors in many ways).

Well, on to my second FIMO Clay horse: Little Gypsy Vanner
I think she is better than my first. But still I have things to try - like hooves ...  tongue (Thank you for feathered drafters!)
AND - I don't mind reasonable critique. Such can help me improve  Smile 

Making of.

Baked and ready for paint  Very Happy (I use ordinary acrylics)

I'm not happy with her front legs (seen from the front) ..

Here with a Breyer Stablemate and the good ol' Schleich Tinker Mare  Very Happy

"You are not really a foal, are you!?"

Size  Smile 

Last edited by Carola on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:04 pm

A very nice horse cheers cheers 

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Wow, great Shocked Shocked Shocked cheers sunny 

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Ohhh! Carola, she is SO beautyful  cheers 

I am completely in awe of your talent ! WOW  Applause Applause 

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:28 pm

I love her!!!  I love you I love you I love you  Wonderful job  cheers cheers 
(I don't know why but I love all the shire and tinker , irish cob figures)  lol! 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125764988@N04/
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Carola, You truly are a sculptor! She's fantastic, I love her beautiful color and brave eyes.. and everything drunken 

I want a horse from you:( tongue Laughing 

Well done and congrats on the new horse I love you 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 pm

She is wonderful!

*trades* *wishlist*
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:00 am

drunken drunken I was hoping you would do another soon! I love you So beautiful, and even better than the first, if that is possible! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:53 am

Very nice. Done well.  Applause 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:15 am

Oh, Carola, this one is so beautifully done!!! Amazing piece! Wow! Congratulations!!! cheers

http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 am

I just keep scrolling up, to see the horse over and over.
I adore this one, really great job  cheers 
(Can you do a Frisian?....Maybe?...One day?....:3)
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Oh She's gorgeous. Congrats and great job!

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Lovely work again,congrats!!! Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Thank you Andreas, Bonobo, Susanne, Álvaro, Jonas, AlienMantis, 4U, Geospiza fortis, Anna, Karin, Sarloos, Taos  cheers  Embarassed  Very Happy I'm very happy you like her!

@NightLioness wrote:
I just keep scrolling up, to see the horse over and over.
I adore this one, really great job  cheers 
(Can you do a Frisian?....Maybe?...One day?....:3)

Thank you, yes a Friesian could be - one of my favroites too  drunken And will possibly be easier to paint  Very Happy 

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:26 pm

I thought I had already commented on your Tinker but... What a Face
I am really impressed that from your previous horse to this one we already see a remarkable development. cheers This figure is wonderfully done! Very Happy
I think the front legs look great, maybe you can put them less spread reducing the featering on innner legs. Though, I think you don't need to retouch it.
Like Jonas, I also want to have a horse from you. Maybe a stablemate sized Princess without braids and in a Shire body. bounce bounce Laughing

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:52 pm

She's adorable! I really recognize Tinky in her, the face, the built  I love you You did a great job!
The proportions could be a little better. The belly and shoulder for example look a bit odd. But you're new in this, and I couldn't do it any better AT ALL! I'm really amazed how you can sculpt so nicely, even when it's only your second time doing it. So great job! The model you made looks more like an Irish Cob or Tinker than a Gypsy Vanner. (Vanners are bigger, she looks more like the 'pony-type' that they breed in Ireland atm)

The breedstandard is in Dutch.. But it explains how an Irish Cob should be perfectly, so it might be handy for in the future  Very Happy 
http://ics-nederland.com/index.php/nl/rasstandaard
^Fun fact, if you search Tinky in the 'online stamboek' (online studbook) you'll find her easily. She's the only one called Tinky with a 'STER' next to her name  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:00 am

Wow, she is amazing Carola!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Today at 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next