Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)

Go down 
+23
Taos
NandO
ken yeo
signatus
JonasV
SyLoBe
Elros Alvar
Bloodrayne
Fisva
Geospiza fortis
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Florian
Bonobo
NightLioness
Noémi
Ana
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
A-J
Carola
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Carola wrote:

Jonas, it is my first fullbody/animal sculpt  Very Happy I've tried making human busts, several years ago, so I'm not unfamiliar with the FIMO material and the concept of sculpting.

I don't believe you, Carola Razz cheers cheers !

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 3:02 am

Beautiful model! And it's especially impressive for being your first one. Very nice job!
(I know it's not quite on topic, I'm also really impressed with the sketches you did as preparation.)
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 pm

jonesee wrote:
Carola wrote:

Jonas, it is my first fullbody/animal sculpt  Very Happy I've tried making human busts, several years ago, so I'm not unfamiliar with the FIMO material and the concept of sculpting.

I don't believe you, Carola Razz cheers cheers !

There is not long from human to animal, I think  Rolling Eyes Ok, I once made a tiny full body Lara Croft, but it was not very nice, and is possibly ten years go  Razz 

bjarki12 wrote:
Beautiful model!  And it's especially impressive for being your first one.  Very nice job!
(I know it's not quite on topic, I'm also really impressed with the sketches you did as preparation.)

Thank you very much  sunny I'm happy you also like my sketch  Very Happy 

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: New little Gypsy Vanner :-D   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi all  cheers 

I got all hooked on making my own models, so I made a new one  Very Happy

I feel like a learn a lot, especially because when sculpting a model, there is no excuses, compared to when drawing 2D.
In 2D you can just skip things, or turn them your favorite angle and such - but with 3D - EVERYTHING must be considered.. but also, some things come as gifts... but still.. hard work, (to me that is  silent )!
I have the greatest respect for sculptors (even the makers of the mediocre 2014 Schleich horses - they are still, IMHO talented sculptors in many ways).

Well, on to my second FIMO Clay horse: Little Gypsy Vanner
I think she is better than my first. But still I have things to try - like hooves ...  tongue (Thank you for feathered drafters!)
AND - I don't mind reasonable critique. Such can help me improve  Smile 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Making of.

Baked and ready for paint  Very Happy (I use ordinary acrylics)

I'm not happy with her front legs (seen from the front) ..

Here with a Breyer Stablemate and the good ol' Schleich Tinker Mare  Very Happy

"You are not really a foal, are you!?"

Size  Smile 

Last edited by Carola on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 9:04 pm

A very nice horse cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Wow, great Shocked Shocked Shocked cheers sunny 

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Ohhh! Carola, she is SO beautyful  cheers 

I am completely in awe of your talent ! WOW  Applause Applause 

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:28 pm

I love her!!!  I love you I love you I love you  Wonderful job  cheers cheers 
(I don't know why but I love all the shire and tinker , irish cob figures)  lol! 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/125764988@N04/
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:38 pm

Carola, You truly are a sculptor! She's fantastic, I love her beautiful color and brave eyes.. and everything drunken 

I want a horse from you:( tongue Laughing 

Well done and congrats on the new horse I love you 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 pm

She is wonderful!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 12:00 am

drunken drunken I was hoping you would do another soon! I love you So beautiful, and even better than the first, if that is possible! bounce

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:53 am

Very nice. Done well.  Applause 
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 9:15 am

Oh, Carola, this one is so beautifully done!!! Amazing piece! Wow! Congratulations!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:32 am

I just keep scrolling up, to see the horse over and over.
I adore this one, really great job  cheers 
(Can you do a Frisian?....Maybe?...One day?....:3)

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Oh She's gorgeous. Congrats and great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Lovely work again,congrats!!! Applause Applause 
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Thank you Andreas, Bonobo, Susanne, Álvaro, Jonas, AlienMantis, 4U, Geospiza fortis, Anna, Karin, Sarloos, Taos  cheers  Embarassed  Very Happy I'm very happy you like her!

NightLioness wrote:
I just keep scrolling up, to see the horse over and over.
I adore this one, really great job  cheers 
(Can you do a Frisian?....Maybe?...One day?....:3)

Thank you, yes a Friesian could be - one of my favroites too  drunken And will possibly be easier to paint  Very Happy 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:26 pm

I thought I had already commented on your Tinker but... What a Face
I am really impressed that from your previous horse to this one we already see a remarkable development. cheers This figure is wonderfully done! Very Happy
I think the front legs look great, maybe you can put them less spread reducing the featering on innner legs. Though, I think you don't need to retouch it.
Like Jonas, I also want to have a horse from you. Maybe a stablemate sized Princess without braids and in a Shire body. bounce bounce Laughing

JackyLovertjex

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:52 pm

She's adorable! I really recognize Tinky in her, the face, the built  I love you You did a great job!
The proportions could be a little better. The belly and shoulder for example look a bit odd. But you're new in this, and I couldn't do it any better AT ALL! I'm really amazed how you can sculpt so nicely, even when it's only your second time doing it. So great job! The model you made looks more like an Irish Cob or Tinker than a Gypsy Vanner. (Vanners are bigger, she looks more like the 'pony-type' that they breed in Ireland atm)

The breedstandard is in Dutch.. But it explains how an Irish Cob should be perfectly, so it might be handy for in the future  Very Happy 
http://ics-nederland.com/index.php/nl/rasstandaard
^Fun fact, if you search Tinky in the 'online stamboek' (online studbook) you'll find her easily. She's the only one called Tinky with a 'STER' next to her name  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:00 am

Wow, she is amazing Carola!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
mreyder

mreyder

Country/State : Holland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 am

Really amazing job!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bokkerijdersburcht.nl/britains
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:30 am

Thank you very much Roger, JackyLover, Harriet, Mreyder  cheers 

Roger wrote:
Maybe a stablemate sized Princess without braids and in a Shire body. bouncebounceLaughing

I have had the thought actually  Wink

JackyLovertjex wrote:
She's adorable! I really recognize Tinky in her, the face, the built  I love you You did a great job!
The proportions could be a little better. The belly and shoulder for example look a bit odd. But you're new in this, and I couldn't do it any better AT ALL! I'm really amazed how you can sculpt so nicely, even when it's only your second time doing it. So great job! The model you made looks more like an Irish Cob or Tinker than a Gypsy Vanner. (Vanners are bigger, she looks more like the 'pony-type' that they breed in Ireland atm)

The breedstandard is in Dutch.. But it explains how an Irish Cob should be perfectly, so it might be handy for in the future  Very Happy 
http://ics-nederland.com/index.php/nl/rasstandaard
^Fun fact, if you search Tinky in the 'online stamboek' (online studbook) you'll find her easily. She's the only one called Tinky with a 'STER' next to her name  Very Happy 

Thank you a lot, you of any I suspect knows of these beautiful breeds  cheers  and I actually thought that Tinkers and Gypsy Vanners were the exact same thing, but now I know they're not tongue And the Irish Cob, I didn't know  bounce Better do my reasearch before sculpting  Very Happy 
Thank you for the link, I see I can turn it into English  Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:01 am

Carola wrote:
....... and I actually thought that Tinkers and Gypsy Vanners were the exact same thing, but now I know they're not tongue And the Irish Cob, I didn't know  bounce 

I also thought they were the same  Shocked

They must have been untill recently  scratch 

So WIKIPEDIA got it all wrong  scratch 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Well, I think they are all the same, it is only in Netherlands studbook that they are grouped based mostly in their size. It happens in several breeds, horses are grouped according with some characteristics although they are all the same breed. Also, we know that there are subtle differences between different studbooks.

Carola, I am glad you're thinking in it. flower Wink

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)   Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carola's Homemade Models (Latest - Gypsy Vanner :-)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next