Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Valinor

Country/State : the Netherlands

plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? Empty
PostSubject: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 2:50 pm

These two identical Indian Tapir models arrived with a lot containing Schleich and Bullyland animals of around the year 1990.
The paint is in pretty banged up condition.
Height is 4,5 cm, length 7 cm, width 1,8 cm.
Can anybody identify the brand?
And, since we collect only Schleich and will be parting from both these models if they are interesting to anybody, the worth per piece (if any)?
Would be great - thank you!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 2:57 pm

That are repainted? tapir from VEB Plaho, former GDR. I only know this figurines as brazil tapir

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Valinor

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 3:03 pm

Where the paint is rubbed off, the colour is the same everywhere. So if they indeed are repaints, then the original colour has been completely removed before painting them
Paint in ears (pink) and on toes (brown) and eyes (white with tiny black spot in the middle) is the same in both models.
This makes me wonder, why anybody would repaint two of them exactly the same? Guess they have been sold like this?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 3:14 pm

They are repainted Veb Plaho tapir, Andreas is right  Wink 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Valinor wrote:
Where the paint is rubbed off, the colour is the same everywhere. So if they indeed are repaints, then the original colour has been completely removed before painting them
Paint in ears (pink) and on toes (brown) and eyes (white with tiny black spot in the middle) is the same in both models.
This makes me wonder, why anybody would repaint two of them exactly the same? Guess they have been sold like this?

In the former GDR you dont found a lot of animals everytime. If you have luck your toyshop had 2 or 3 different packages. And no indian tapir. So i could imagine if somebody wanted a pair of indian tapirs, so he repainted

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Valinor

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:05 pm

If somebody repainted them to have two Indian Tapirs, wouldn't he/she have painted them a little different from each other? Both are painted exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
Valinor

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:13 pm

With your suggestion, I searched on the VEB Plaho section of this forum and found this thread:
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t3011-plaho-malayan-tapir
Perhaps the 2 identical models we acquired shed new light on this matter?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:34 pm

I really dont know but i also dont know a VEB Plaho figurine that is so painted

Back to top Go down
Valinor

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:37 pm

Widukind, do you know if are there any catalogues of VEB Plaho?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Valinor wrote:
Widukind, do you know if are there any catalogues of VEB Plaho?

I believe Plahotiere or effelderboy had create one. But i am not sure

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Congrats!

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:16 am

They're beautiful also! Congratulations! cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???   plaho - VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

VEB Plaho Indian Tapirs ???
Page 1 of 1